Sponsored by:

Ultraviolet or GT Silver?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 12:00 PM
loopsandsounds
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ultraviolet or GT Silver?

I'm lucky enough to have a November RS build. No chance at PTS so I entered the order with GT silver and CXP yellow deviated stitching interior. I'm typically a silver/grey/black guy because it flies under the radar, but there is something about UV it just looks awesome on this car in pictures, especially with the silver wheels. I haven't had a chance to see it in person (only seen white and LO), not sure if seeing it in real life would push me to change.

And yes I know color is a very personal choice and everyone has an opinion, just wondering if anyone had the same color preferences as I do and chose UV?

Also, anyone in the Northeast US or NYC area with UV that wants to show and tell?
Old 06-28-2016, 12:11 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Personally I'm completely underwhelmed by UV in person and I'd get GT silver...but it's very subjective of course. Suggest you find one in person to eyeball...you may LOVE it.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:17 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

I have seen UV in person on an RS and it is striking and beautiful to be sure. It also looks great with deviated stitching and belts in silver or, assuming you get yellow PCCBs, yellow. I've heard several say UV is the right color for the RS.

I own a GT3 (not RS) in GT Silver with Martini livery colorful stripes on it, which also looks great but completely different of course. GT Silver on RS is certainly the more understated classy look, and if you go that way, what would really set it off would be to do a full wrap with XPEL Stealth (matte), which gives the car and otherworldly matte glow. See thread in GT4 forum with keywords GT and stealth for nice pics of that treatment before and after on a GT Silver car. That color would also work well with yellow interior accents assuming you do PCCBs, or if not, then silver or red interior deviated stitching.

Or, if you went GT Silver you could spice things up with some nice stripes either like mine or more subtle like many others have done.

Ultimately of course it's your call about what you like. I don't think either choice could harm future resale value as they're both great looking options.

But whatever you do, for the love of God, don't do painted interior trim or air vent slats, which I've seen and which looks silly.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:28 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,864 Likes on 964 Posts

Don't listen to raclaims. He's color blind. I've seen him repeatedly drive through red lights while trying to convince me they were green.

Seriously, UV is stunning. I almost chickened out and went GT Silver at the last minute. So glad the car locked early and saved me from myself.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:33 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

I never considered UV just didn't grab me. I was going with Gt Silver and yellow stitching and pccb's. The spec was in and I was content with my choice because I live in a small town and want to remain under the radar and inconspicuous. That was until I saw the RS in Lava!...Stunning and in your face! The RS is just that and deserves an in your face color. So if your choices are entirely open, address that issue. If its only between UV or Silver, GT Silver with be fab!
Old 06-28-2016, 12:35 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

UV
Old 06-28-2016, 12:40 PM
loopsandsounds
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lapis
GT Silver on RS is certainly the more understated classy look, and if you go that way, what would really set it off would be to do a full wrap with XPEL Stealth (matte), which gives the car and otherworldly matte glow. See thread in GT4 forum with keywords GT and stealth for nice pics of that treatment before and after on a GT Silver car. That color would also work well with yellow interior accents assuming you do PCCBs, or if not, then silver or red interior deviated stitching.
Thanks for the thoughtful response. Assuming you mean something like this thread then yes, I have considered a stealth full wrap. PCCB's, yellow interior bits are spec'd.

Originally Posted by Lapis
But whatever you do, for the love of God, don't do painted interior trim or air vent slats, which I've seen and which looks silly.
It's funny I've never considered this on any of my builds but I think I does look cool when I see it in person! To each his own...
Old 06-28-2016, 12:42 PM
loopsandsounds
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nizer
Don't listen to raclaims. He's color blind. I've seen him repeatedly drive through red lights while trying to convince me they were green.

Seriously, UV is stunning. I almost chickened out and went GT Silver at the last minute. So glad the car locked early and saved me from myself.
HA! If Porsche only built the car in UV I would take it no questions asked. It's the choices!
Old 06-28-2016, 12:45 PM
Sean in Texas
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 41 Posts

Saw a UV in the flesh for the first time yesterday. I was underwhelmed.

GT with yellow belts and stitching sounds better to me.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:48 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

LOL Nizer! Now yours is beautiful...it's all the others that underwhelm me
Old 06-28-2016, 12:50 PM
SHAG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get GT Silver. UV is so ugly and over done.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:51 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Definitely GT Silver
Old 06-28-2016, 01:13 PM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

can't go wrong either way. but the UV is really spectacular in person, and ideally suited to the RS and its aggressiveness.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:16 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
...Stunning and in your face! The RS is just that and deserves an in your face color. !
Well put. The RS isn't subtle, I wouldn't want to put a wet towel over her to try and stifle her rabid exuberance.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 06-28-2016, 01:19 PM
golden1911
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

UV... GT silver is so boring!

Quick Reply: Ultraviolet or GT Silver?