Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 59 Posts

Almost feel like we're being Marv'ed.

Ford GT all the way mang!
Old 06-14-2016, 10:21 AM
RadDoc24
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, this blew up. I agree with every single one of you. Getting the GT would be like finding ***** Wonka's god damn GOLDEN TICKET. The only reason I was questioning it was not for resale purposes of course but because no one knows how the GT performs. I guess we will soon find out this Saturday at Le Mans. What also clouds my judgement is the fact that Chris Harris called the GT3 RS the best track car ever made.

As far as getting an allocation. Nothing is truer. You can't say anything about getting this car until Ford Concierge picks up the phone and gives you a call. I do have a personal connection with Ford so that may help.

Definitely, not about coin either. Just not the type to have a bunch of cars sitting.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:37 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,395 Likes on 809 Posts

this allocation crap is so lame.

I really hate the automotive industry.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:18 PM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rad,

Ford told you there will be a Right To First Refusal contract?
Old 06-14-2016, 12:22 PM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

I smell troll poontang
Old 06-14-2016, 02:02 PM
MLA
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I'm Ready!

And to make this true, will need a creative spec
Attached Images  
Old 06-14-2016, 03:11 PM
Keith Verges - Dallas
Pro

RS is awesome, but best track car? If it's a matter of subjectives, then to each their own and it is sublime, but frankly so is my Miata. If it is in terms of lap times, the RS is far from fastest of street cars and if you start getting into specials like the Radical . . . .

I am curious about the vetting process - I don't expect to make the grade, but I've heard nothing in response to my application and had figured I'd gotten a brush off by now.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:31 PM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

Keith,

Ford will let us know by August. For more information visit the Ford GT Forum. Those guys will keep you up to date on all things FGT. New and old.

B.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:57 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

A lot of people can't afford the new FGT no less both an FGT and an RS.

If I get an allocation for a new FGT, yeah, would probably sell the RS and buy the FGT but we'll see. Will play it by ear.

I heard word that Ford is thinking of going V8 on the subsequent FGT's. Don't know how true that is but if it is it would kill the TT V6 Eco FGT in value IMHO and desirability.

Will definitely keep an ear to ground before shelling out another $250 large beyond the RS for a new FGT.

Only 150 are getting a '16 FGT and they are likely to be the Leno's, Seinfelds, Penskes, Ford execs and family and Oil Royalty. Don't know about '17 or '18.

If I score a Gen III FGT great. If not, not surprised or really disappointed. If the stock rises on the Gen III FGT the stock on the Gen II will rise. In the meantime I am very very fortunate and blessed and more fortunate than most walking this planet to even own a Gen II FGT and a 991RS. Clearly recognize that. No complaints here.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:03 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 240 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by RadDoc24
Wow, this blew up. I agree with every single one of you. Getting the GT would be like finding ***** Wonka's god damn GOLDEN TICKET. The only reason I was questioning it was not for resale purposes of course but because no one knows how the GT performs. I guess we will soon find out this Saturday at Le Mans. What also clouds my judgement is the fact that Chris Harris called the GT3 RS the best track car ever made.

As far as getting an allocation. Nothing is truer. You can't say anything about getting this car until Ford Concierge picks up the phone and gives you a call. I do have a personal connection with Ford so that may help.

Definitely, not about coin either. Just not the type to have a bunch of cars sitting.
FGT man, not even a question.
As for Chris Harris, who cares!
Old 06-14-2016, 06:16 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Kind of surprising that most here would throw the RS under the bus for the new FGT.

Both cars compete in the same class in the FIA. Both cars are a 6 cycl. Porsche is a more revered name in road racing (not that Ford is a slouch with its connection to Shelby, Boss 302 and the Ford GT40).

Is it the shape and design of the new FGT or the limited build?

The RS is likely the more practical of the two with similar performance envelopes with the new FGT being 2x the price and untested.

Interesting.

I love both.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:52 PM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 52 Posts

Buy the RS to drive and the FGT to bubble wrap and take out once in awhile. If you can afford a FGT, you can afford both.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:49 PM
marcvv
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Kind of surprising that most here would throw the RS under the bus for the new FGT.

Both cars compete in the same class in the FIA. Both cars are a 6 cycl. Porsche is a more revered name in road racing (not that Ford is a slouch with its connection to Shelby, Boss 302 and the Ford GT40).

Is it the shape and design of the new FGT or the limited build?

The RS is likely the more practical of the two with similar performance envelopes with the new FGT being 2x the price and untested.

Interesting.

I love both.
From investment perspective the GT will do much better. Lower production numbers. Historical legacy of Ford GT's doing well in after market. Sign the title and you just made 500k in profit, period. Also the car is drop dead gorgeous.

What we don't know is how it drives and how it feels compared to the RS.

Will it be as exciting to drive as the RS? We will find out. I have no idea. The RS is amazing and will have strong resale but nothing like owners of the GT are going to see.

Now if the GT reviews come back lackluster whether it be the turbo 6 or driving dynamics that is another story. On paper the car sounds amazing. I have my application in for one. I won't be selling my RS if selected. I'll just make room....
Old 06-14-2016, 08:31 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by TrackFocused
Don't be silly. Both.
exactly. why is this even a thread?

on a side note, I knew I should have chosen Radiology over Anesthesia

Quick Reply: Ford GT or 991 GT3 RS