Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 04:09 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

ROTFLAMO! Embarassing to say I only have 220 miles on the clock all from last year before it went into hibernation. It is nice out here now in Chicagoland but roads are still salty and I am OCD. So been using my SUVs (e,g., GX470, Cayenne diesel) for the time being. I am waiting for a couple of good rains to sweep all these salt from the street and start to have fun once again.

As you know and experience on your GT2RS, you better know what you're doing with this car because you can get into trouble rather quick and easy. For fun car, it still is the 911R for me. When the weather gets better and streets clean, me and other gear heads go out on a night run after watching the late night show. It tends to be more relaxed and roads open up. Just have to watch those DUI drivers. But other than that it is all fun!

How about you? Have you adjusted your driving habits now that you are past the break-in period? I bet your eyes as focused farther away than your other cars as you know it doesn't take much and your 2RS will get you there in no time. Have fun at it but just take it easy. After all it is Kingkong you are dealing with.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
@GT3RS-Fan1, have you taken those seat and steering wheel covers off and started racking up those miles?

Driving the 2RS is an absolute blast.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:14 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Derek,

Thank you for the hospitality. If you ever make it to the midwest (Chicago land area), PM me and I'll show you around. We got some great food here too and cool scenery. Lots of Porsche fans here too. In fact if I am not mistaken the second largest Porsche collector in the world lives here in Illinois. My estimation he has more than 130 Porsches in his collection and growing. He is a member here although he doesn't post much.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Derek RS
If you ever in Taipei let me know ill show you around
Old 03-23-2019, 04:30 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
ROTFLAMO! Embarassing to say I only have 220 miles on the clock all from last year before it went into hibernation. It is nice out here now in Chicagoland but roads are still salty and I am OCD. So been using my SUVs (e,g., GX470, Cayenne diesel) for the time being. I am waiting for a couple of good rains to sweep all these salt from the street and start to have fun once again.

As you know and experience on your GT2RS, you better know what you're doing with this car because you can get into trouble rather quick and easy. For fun car, it still is the 911R for me. When the weather gets better and streets clean, me and other gear heads go out on a night run after watching the late night show. It tends to be more relaxed and roads open up. Just have to watch those DUI drivers. But other than that it is all fun!

How about you? Have you adjusted your driving habits now that you are past the break-in period? I bet your eyes as focused farther away than your other cars as you know it doesn't take much and your 2RS will get you there in no time. Have fun at it but just take it easy. After all it is Kingkong you are dealing with.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
I agree, my friend, I would not drive the 2RS until there is not even a hint of salt remaining. The weather in Texas is pretty darn good so I can generally drive year round. As far as night driving that's not possible where I live too many deer are out and about after dark.

Well in regards to getting used to the 2RS not quite yet but that is one of the things that is so special about this car it just catapults you down the road. I pretty sure this is a keeper and now I really would like to own an AMG-GTR (Red) so if anyone has experience with that breed please chime in.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:36 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,782 Likes on 528 Posts

I agree, my friend, I would not drive the 2RS until there is not even a hint of salt remaining. The weather in Texas is pretty darn good so I can generally drive year round. As far as night driving that's not possible where I live too many deer are out and about after dark.

Well in regards to getting used to the 2RS not quite yet but that is one of the things that is so special about this car it just catapults you down the road. I pretty sure this is a keeper and now I really would like to own an AMG-GTR (Red) so if anyone has experience with that breed please chime in.
I had a GTR and absolutely loved it. Would take it back any day over any 991 GT variant other than the 2RS and R, both for the road and on track.

Have a placeholder on a Black Series and that’s going to be as if not more insane than the 2RS.

Old 03-23-2019, 04:40 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Hello Nizer,

Yes, the first time I saw Aetna Blau on a Targa made by Exclusive, I was drawn to it. Per your request, here are a few more pics.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Nizer
Aetna Blue - one of my favorites. How about a few more photos?
Old 03-23-2019, 04:59 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by soulsea

I had a GTR and absolutely loved it. Would take it back any day over any 991 GT variant other than the 2RS and R, both for the road and on track.

Have a placeholder on a Black Series and that’s going to be as if not more insane than the 2RS.

What a beauty....thanks!
Old 03-23-2019, 06:52 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,834 Likes on 952 Posts

Hello Nizer,

Yes, the first time I saw Aetna Blau on a Targa made by Exclusive, I was drawn to it. Per your request, here are a few more pics.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Thanks. Must look great in evening light.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:49 AM
Derek RS
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 20 Posts

Derek,

Thank you for the hospitality. If you ever make it to the midwest (Chicago land area), PM me and I'll show you around. We got some great food here too and cool scenery. Lots of Porsche fans here too. In fact if I am not mistaken the second largest Porsche collector in the world lives here in Illinois. My estimation he has more than 130 Porsches in his collection and growing. He is a member here although he doesn't post much.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Very kind of you will let you know if I do visit your area. 130 Porsches wow its like a museum
Old 03-24-2019, 01:52 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,626 Likes on 2,311 Posts

Hello Nizer,

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

THAT IS SOME BLUE.... love it
Old 03-24-2019, 02:12 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 402 Likes on 237 Posts

What a beauty....thanks!
I can verify what Soulsea started re: the GT R. It is a great vehicle. Easy to use as a DD with one of the very best turbo engines ever, and then switch a couple of settings and it’s a phenomenal track weapon, where it is super easy to drive fast. It has a great deal of presence on the street, (not that I care for that aspect of it tbh), as they remain fairly rare. I’ve heard of no major issues with the car, and in 16 months of ownership, mine has been bulletproof; not one issue. It is rated by MB at 577 hp, but from dyno reports the engine should be rated at over 600 hp at the crank. So simple to get an additional >75 reliable hp with a tune, and even more torque. I traded a ‘15 Z06/7 for mine, and believe calling the GT R a German ‘muscle car’ pretty well sums it up.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:49 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thebishman

I can verify what Soulsea started re: the GT R. It is a great vehicle. Easy to use as a DD with one of the very best turbo engines ever, and then switch a couple of settings and it’s a phenomenal track weapon, where it is super easy to drive fast. It has a great deal of presence on the street, (not that I care for that aspect of it tbh), as they remain fairly rare. I’ve heard of no major issues with the car, and in 16 months of ownership, mine has been bulletproof; not one issue. It is rated by MB at 577 hp, but from dyno reports the engine should be rated at over 600 hp at the crank. So simple to get an additional >75 reliable hp with a tune, and even more torque. I traded a ‘15 Z06/7 for mine, and believe calling the GT R a German ‘muscle car’ pretty well sums it up.
Good to hear. The flexibility to DD this car is pretty much what Shmee150 has been saying. Quite frankly the 2RS can also easily be DD which was not what I imagined.

Is this car still manufactured in Germany (hope so)? Did you configure yours or purchase it off the lot? Is pricing strictly MSRP?
Old 03-24-2019, 06:16 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 402 Likes on 237 Posts

Good to hear. The flexibility to DD this car is pretty much what Shmee150 has been saying. Quite frankly the 2RS can also easily be DD which was not what I imagined.

Is this car still manufactured in Germany (hope so)? Did you configure yours or purchase it off the lot? Is pricing strictly MSRP?
It is indeed made in Sindelfingen, Germany as are all variants of the GT.

I had an order placed, but due to the length of time it was going to take to receive it I would have missed out on about 2/3rds of the 2018 track season, so I was lucky enough to find a car with all of the options I wanted; just in a different colour.

I managed to receive about $5K off of the MSRP; this was back in Nov 2017. There are some great bargains out there on ‘used’ cars currently, but I’m not sure of the availability of brand new GT Rs as there were very few made in 2019. I’d wager that a new one could be had for less than MSRP though.

If you’re interested in the car I’d really suggest a test drive if you can find one locally; it will I’m sure put a huge smile on your face! lol. I’m obviously biased but they’re pretty special.

Bish
Old 03-26-2019, 10:33 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Drag Race GT2RS versus McLaren 720s. They need a better driver who knows how to drag race and use launch control for the 720s.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

LINK:
Old 03-27-2019, 08:35 AM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

The 720 is tough to launch, tires not as sticky and spins those tires easily.

That is one beautiful Blue GT2 RS..
Old 03-27-2019, 08:55 AM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That GT2 RS is the nicest color I think I've seen. Stunning.

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS