Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 12:58 AM
cwcsvt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took delivery of mine on Friday and was totally amazed at how the car was on the street. I dont know how they do it, but the ride is quite better than my GT3 and the buckets are completely comfortable. Wouldn’t change a thing.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:45 AM
manolis
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Mytoys

only drove it 10 miles but it’s obvious how different it is comparing to the 3RS. Will give a report once I have a chance to drive them.

Any further news to report re your impressions of your 2rs vs your Pista? Love to get your feedback!
Old 11-13-2018, 10:05 PM
Mytoys
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by manolis
Any further news to report re your impressions of your 2rs vs your Pista? Love to get your feedback!
Didn’t really have time to drive the sports cars lately but so far from street driving: RS Handles tighter than the pista. Feels quicker off the line although Mid range feels about the same. RS has More of a track car feel. Pista is more comfortable. Overall pista is a quicker version of the 488 and looks insanely good. 2RS is like no other Porsche.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:32 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Nico Rosberg Drives a Hybrid

Saw this video about Nico Rosberg driving the 918 Spyder how impressed he is even with five years of technology and says drives just like a F1 car.

Fast forward to 14:50, retired Mercedes Benz AMG F1 race car driver says he "Splurged" in buying the latest 991 GT2RS. Not long ago he was invited at Weissach and had the privilege as the first outsider to test drive the prototype Mission-E (Taycan).

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

LINK:

Old 11-15-2018, 05:44 AM
manolis
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Mytoys

Didn’t really have time to drive the sports cars lately but so far from street driving: RS Handles tighter than the pista. Feels quicker off the line although Mid range feels about the same. RS has More of a track car feel. Pista is more comfortable. Overall pista is a quicker version of the 488 and looks insanely good. 2RS is like no other Porsche.

Thanks Mytoys. Thanks for your feedback! Please keep me posted for more news when your time permits. Interesting to hear Pista is softer but in gear pull feel much the same. Agree...2rs is like no other Porsche I've ever driven... balance is simply amazing. My favorite at the moment. So you feel 2rs is faster and sharper from dig, or other way around?
Old 11-15-2018, 07:51 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 282 Posts

Mine is for sale at Hennessy Porsche. MSRP is 325K and they are asking $399k... Has full body PPF and ceramic coating. I believe there is a little room to negotiate in there as well. In the end, for me it was an astoundingly well engineered car, amazingly fast and composed, sounded awesome. I had every intention of keeping this car for a while, but yeah, you've heard that before. It was fun to have for a while but I found that it was too special and much too fast to be my only Porsche... So I did a 1 for 2 deal. I bought a manual Carrera T and have a lizard 3RS coming in a few weeks and I think that's a pretty awesome combo. The Carrera T is just incredible. So much fun to drive. Would not be a good track car, but thrashing it in the mountains, ( my favorite thing to do in a car) is such a blast.

https://www.hennessyporsche.com/inve...ae2a98js185497
Old 11-15-2018, 08:02 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,151 Likes on 466 Posts

This GT2 has been an annoying experience with Porsche. I have bought at least 2-3 Porsche’s a year including every version of 991 GT car, ordered them all. My dealer is tiny, but takes care of me. I placed a GT2 order in system when it was announced and Porsche never gave my dealer a single allocation. My dealer talked directly with Porsche endlessly, showed them my purchase history, etc etc. crickets. So it’s ridiculously frustrating when people are given the opportunity to buy a GT2 only to drive it a month or 2 and immediately sell it. I’m not a newbie to Porsche, that’s the frustrating part. I hope there are people out there driving these monsters! In the meantime, I’ll wait patiently for my 3RS to return from ED!
Old 11-15-2018, 09:30 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by disden
This GT2 has been an annoying experience with Porsche. I have bought at least 2-3 Porsche’s a year including every version of 991 GT car, ordered them all. My dealer is tiny, but takes care of me. I placed a GT2 order in system when it was announced and Porsche never gave my dealer a single allocation. My dealer talked directly with Porsche endlessly, showed them my purchase history, etc etc. crickets. So it’s ridiculously frustrating when people are given the opportunity to buy a GT2 only to drive it a month or 2 and immediately sell it. I’m not a newbie to Porsche, that’s the frustrating part. I hope there are people out there driving these monsters! In the meantime, I’ll wait patiently for my 3RS to return from ED!
FWIW i did drive it 1776 miles in 2 months. Every intention of keeping it. But not gonna keep a car that expensive if it isn't a fit for me. The ones being sold with delivery miles is a different story.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:35 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,151 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
FWIW i did drive it 1776 miles in 2 months. Every intention of keeping it. But not gonna keep a car that expensive if it isn't a fit for me. The ones being sold with delivery miles is a different story.
Sean, not a jab at you, just frustrating when you see so many for sale so quickly, yet I actually wanted to get one to drive and wasn't given time of day. , I think the weak link is sadly my tiny dealer; they got 2 GT3s and 1 GT3RS this round of 991.2s. I always try to buy locally as they take care of me, plus the games from out of state dealers are ridiculously stupid. Perhaps I need re-evaluate where I purchase my cars!
Old 11-15-2018, 10:40 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by disden
Sean, not a jab at you, just frustrating when you see so many for sale so quickly, yet I actually wanted to get one to drive and wasn't given time of day. , I think the weak link is sadly my tiny dealer; they got 2 GT3s and 1 GT3RS this round of 991.2s. I always try to buy locally as they take care of me, plus the games from out of state dealers are ridiculously stupid. Perhaps I need re-evaluate where I purchase my cars!
I get that... there were a lot of them that went for sale with < 100 miles. that's not cool. Very hard to score one of these from a small dealer, actually from what you are saying it's impossible. Ugh. I hope you get one somehow.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:04 AM
thegoat
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<$399k doesn't soundthat bad for someone who really wants one to drive, especially when they've been going for >$100k over MSRP. Maybe the market adjusted, or I'm full of the Kool-aid....

I want a Carrera T! Looks like the ideal car to put 200k miles on. Maybe I'll give back my incoming 2RS in exchange for a T - not!
Old 11-15-2018, 11:29 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thegoat
<$399k doesn't soundthat bad for someone who really wants one to drive, especially when they've been going for >$100k over MSRP. Maybe the market adjusted, or I'm full of the Kool-aid....

I want a Carrera T! Looks like the ideal car to put 200k miles on. Maybe I'll give back my incoming 2RS in exchange for a T - not!
Carrera T is exactly that. Stress free pile on the miles and have a blast
Old 11-15-2018, 03:41 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Carrera T is exactly that. Stress free pile on the miles and have a blast
Really something to be said for your description above. That's my 981 spyder. I just thrash it and pout on miles and don't care. One stress/care-free toy is awesome imo.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:44 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

^^^981 spyder with exhaust and flash is some of the most fun you can have in a porsche
Old 11-15-2018, 04:24 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by raclaims
^^^981 spyder with exhaust and flash is some of the most fun you can have in a porsche
Agreed, just spent the weekend in Big Bend with the Houston PCA group thrashing around the mountains. Also the first time it's been down dirt roads! Absolutely the most underrated car in the fleet .

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS