Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 06:03 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,829 Likes on 538 Posts

So I found out a couple of days ago that as of now I have a 10/26/2018 delivery date indicated.

Hopefully there won't be many delays.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:03 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 973 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
No man, it’s real. Imma sponsor and everything for real.
Ah, got it. I thought that looked like Petty's cowboy hat on the driver in this video...

Old 04-01-2018, 08:51 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

Now imagine it with Trakcar Nation livery.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:04 AM
m4n0t0
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntRubber

So I have put the first 100 miles on her and wanted to share my initial thoughts on the car.

1) the exhaust is amazing. For a turbo car it sounds epic

2) the car is extremely nimble. The steering wheel is small with great feedback and the car handles better than I expected. 700hp go cart good.

3) the “widow maker” I was was expected isn’t there. I don’t have the guts to turn off driving aids but this car goes like hell and feels very manageable and trustworthy, even when peeling out and briefly losing traction.

4) the last sports car I owed was a 458 and this car gives me the same confidence but with loads more power.

5) the styling and carbon exterior/interior pieces are just beautiful. I was quite worried about going for the red interior but it creates a sense of occasion and drama when seated in the beast.

6) Zero to 60 is fast but it is after around 30/40mph where things gets seriously fast. I can only imagine this thing on the straights when tracking. On the street I have yet to have enough road without any traffic or congestion to really push it once it is fully boosted and it makes me very interested to compare it to the Touring and GT3 RS, for street use.

7) the car feels very well built and sturdy.

8) the car doesn’t need to be serviced until 10,000 miles. This is unheard of for high performance of the Italian breeds.

9) Launch control is fantastic. The car loses traction and the driving aids immediately sort things out and boom she is off. Shortly after there is a whoosh from the turbos and warp speed is engaged. Need more road to really appreciate it.

In conclusion, it is a monster of a car. Powerful yet manageable, Nimble and aggressive, while also having a great soundtrack. Only thing I question is if it’s too much for street enjoyment.

The track is calling.
My GT2 have now 2500KM, do you make the engine run-in ? in theory not more than 4000RPM the 1st 1000KM.
I have seen 0Mileage car pushed during Porsche driving school but in doubt i'm always doing the run in properly on my own cars.
Also as it's a turbo engine we should be be carefull with the cooling.

930 is also a very safe car until it's too late. I still have the feeling that the power on GT2 is more than what the assistance car do for you, mainly because of speed entry in corners and brutal torque on exit.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:19 AM
zoran
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I have put the first 100 miles on her and wanted to share my initial thoughts on the car.

1) the exhaust is amazing. For a turbo car it sounds epic

2) the car is extremely nimble. The steering wheel is small with great feedback and the car handles better than I expected. 700hp go cart good.

3) the “widow maker” I was was expected isn’t there. I don’t have the guts to turn off driving aids but this car goes like hell and feels very manageable and trustworthy, even when peeling out and briefly losing traction.

4) the last sports car I owed was a 458 and this car gives me the same confidence but with loads more power.

5) the styling and carbon exterior/interior pieces are just beautiful. I was quite worried about going for the red interior but it creates a sense of occasion and drama when seated in the beast.

6) Zero to 60 is fast but it is after around 30/40mph where things gets seriously fast. I can only imagine this thing on the straights when tracking. On the street I have yet to have enough road without any traffic or congestion to really push it once it is fully boosted and it makes me very interested to compare it to the Touring and GT3 RS, for street use.

7) the car feels very well built and sturdy.

8) the car doesn’t need to be serviced until 10,000 miles. This is unheard of for high performance of the Italian breeds.

9) Launch control is fantastic. The car loses traction and the driving aids immediately sort things out and boom she is off. Shortly after there is a whoosh from the turbos and warp speed is engaged. Need more road to really appreciate it.

In conclusion, it is a monster of a car. Powerful yet manageable, Nimble and aggressive, while also having a great soundtrack. Only thing I question is if it’s too much for street enjoyment.

The track is calling.
Hello, thanks a lot for the feed back on this monster.
Have you driven 991 GT3RS?
I wanted to here if there is any positive similarities in gt2rs when its on the street.
Thanks
Zoran
Old 04-02-2018, 06:25 AM
m4n0t0
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zoran
I wanted to here if there is any positive similarities in gt2rs when its on the street.
Thanks
Zoran
I have currently both cars, the sleeping differential noise is the first thing i have noticed that is very similar. The interior design aswell is similar except the PCM. Exterior the GT2 is very bodybuilded compair to Gt3 RS.
Otherwise the GT2 Seems stiffer on the dumpers and harder on the direction. GT2 have also an impressive downforce (More than the GT3) that can disturb the people that are not used to... it's very surprising particulary on the front.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:31 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by zoran
Thanks
Zoran
I haven’t driven a 3RS but have the .2 coming in about 5 weeks.

My gut feeling at this early stage is a 3RS is plenty for the street. Purely for the street a manual touring/gt3 might be even more enjoyable in my opinion.

The GT2 is so fast I let it upshift on its own in PDK-S and downshift when I want. This might be because I am getting use to the power, but at present there isn’t as much involvement as there would be in a car with less power or a manual car.

The 3RS will likely have the same epic steering and handling, combined with a better soundtrack and 9k redline.

One thing I forgot to mention in my 100 mile review, THE BRAKES ARE INSANELY GOOD! Better than any car I have driven. They squeak all the time but they stop on a dime. The 3RS will likely have the same brakes if one chooses PCCB.

Hope this helps and will happily post a comparison of both cars when I can.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:33 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

4.0 isn’t mine but here is a nice pic
Old 04-02-2018, 10:07 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

"What better way to test out the track-focused 2018 Porsche 911 GT RS than on a grand prix circuit? Chris 'Atko' Atkinson takes the reins of the 'widowmaker'."

https://www.caradvice.com.au/633675/...-track-review/
Old 04-02-2018, 12:39 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Old 04-02-2018, 01:07 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 640 Likes on 422 Posts

I haven’t driven a 3RS but have the .2 coming in about 5 weeks.

My gut feeling at this early stage is a 3RS is plenty for the street. Purely for the street a manual touring/gt3 might be even more enjoyable in my opinion.

The GT2 is so fast I let it upshift on its own in PDK-S and downshift when I want. This might be because I am getting use to the power, but at present there isn’t as much involvement as there would be in a car with less power or a manual car.

The 3RS will likely have the same epic steering and handling, combined with a better soundtrack and 9k redline.

One thing I forgot to mention in my 100 mile review, THE BRAKES ARE INSANELY GOOD! Better than any car I have driven. They squeak all the time but they stop on a dime. The 3RS will likely have the same brakes if one chooses PCCB.

Hope this helps and will happily post a comparison of both cars when I can.
Aren't brakes (reds or PCCB) identical for all 991 GT cars? I don't recall seeing any changes when either the GT2 or .2 GT3RS were launched.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:24 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Not that it’s a prerequisite but I wonder if there is another human being getting a new GT2RS that didn’t own, let alone drive, a 991 GT3RS...
Old 04-02-2018, 02:26 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CHADW
Not that it’s a prerequisite but I wonder if there is another human being getting a new GT2RS that didn’t own, let alone drive, a 991 GT3RS...
I would wager yes... Many
Old 04-02-2018, 02:41 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 973 Posts

Has anyone in the US received an insurance quote for the 2RS yet? Just wondering how various quotes stack up.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:21 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 167 Posts

lol..worried about insurance on a $330k car Nizer??

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS