Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 08:12 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts

Mark is well respected in Australia and regarded as a real down to earth easy going sort of guy ,,,,,his F1 career wasn,t as successful as many like my self would have hoped but his WEC victories and now life time association with Porsche is fantastic and well deserved ..
Marks association with Porsche has been very beneficial for Australian Porsche enthusiast our market is only very small so in the past we generally missed out or had limited exposure to the latest high end models ...
Marks involvement with the brand and his personal passion for the brand has really put Porsche clearly in the spot light in this country and given Porsche owners and fans what we have wanted for so many years ,,,,and we have Mark to thank for that .. bloody legend
Old 03-23-2018, 08:19 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Raven 666
Mark is well respected in Australia and regarded as a real down to earth easy going sort of guy ,,,,,his F1 career wasn,t as successful as many like my self would have hoped but his WEC victories and now life time association with Porsche is fantastic and well deserved ..
Marks association with Porsche has been very beneficial for Australian Porsche enthusiast our market is only very small so in the past we generally missed out or had limited exposure to the latest high end models ...
Marks involvement with the brand and his personal passion for the brand has really put Porsche clearly in the spot light in this country and given Porsche owners and fans what we have wanted for so many years ,,,,and we have Mark to thank for that .. bloody legend
I watch F1 on Channel4/Uk and Mark is a regular there. I really like him.

Good excuse to repost this gem:

Old 03-23-2018, 09:50 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Old 03-23-2018, 12:16 PM
JCO
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raven 666

Had the pleasure to ride shootgun with Mark Webber in an GT4 on slicks last summer, great down to earth guy!!!
Old 03-23-2018, 12:18 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Awesome!
Old 03-23-2018, 12:20 PM
BK77
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

What a great experience, sign me up!!
Old 03-23-2018, 12:41 PM
JCO
Instructor

Originally Posted by JCO

Had the pleasure to ride shootgun with Mark Webber in an GT4 on slicks last summer, great down to earth guy!!!
He signed my helmet and servicebook for the GT3 RS after the run!
Old 03-23-2018, 01:02 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Just got a call from my dealer and was informed that the new carbon fiber wheel made for Exclusive Series cost here in the USA, US$28K tires included (Pirelli P Zero). This is a significant price increase from the original announcement of EUR15,242.00 including VAT in Europe, back when the Turbo S "Exclusive Series" was first introduced.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

LINK:
PORSCHE Braided Carbon Wheels

PORSCHE Carbon Fiber Wheel
my TS, along with others, has been held at factory for 6 weeks now. The main delay was waiting for these wheels I think.
It's finally being dispatched on Monday, so not long now.

As per original costings, I paid around half of the price you quote for the carbon wheels, but that was as a replacement for original TS wheels, not an additional set. ie I only have one set of wheels, think you will have both?
seeing that cost makes me wonder about the sense of using Carbons daily, especially next winter!
Do you have a cost for a stand-alone set of the original Exclusive etched wheels?

Thanks...

(Now is they would just complete my 2RS next Thursday as currently promised, April will be a good month!)

Old 03-23-2018, 03:40 PM
m4n0t0
Instructor

Hesitating between glossy xpel or stealth...
Old 03-23-2018, 03:41 PM
m4n0t0
Instructor

Old 03-23-2018, 06:06 PM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by JCO
He signed my helmet and servicebook for the GT3 RS after the run!

That is fantastic .....congratulations one of lifes great experiences ,,,,looking forward to seeing a lot of him this weekend at the Australian F1 GP
Old 03-23-2018, 06:23 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Hope all is well Footsoldier.

Spoke to my dealer and asked how much is a set (4 wheels) of the original Laser Etched Turbo S "Exclusive Series", and they told me Porsche will only sell as a replacement if the wheel is damaged and this is done by sending your VIN to Porsche by your dealer. Porsche will NOT sell a whole set of the "Laser Etched " wheels. These wheels are "Exclusive" only to the Turbo S "Exclusive Series" owners.

Suncoast parts here in the USA sells a similar set but NOT the "Laser Etched" wheels for about $9K.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

LINK:
Black Turbo S Wheels

Black Turbo S wheels

Originally Posted by Footsoldier
my TS, along with others, has been held at factory for 6 weeks now. The main delay was waiting for these wheels I think.
It's finally being dispatched on Monday, so not long now.

As per original costings, I paid around half of the price you quote for the carbon wheels, but that was as a replacement for original TS wheels, not an additional set. ie I only have one set of wheels, think you will have both?
seeing that cost makes me wonder about the sense of using Carbons daily, especially next winter!
Do you have a cost for a stand-alone set of the original Exclusive etched wheels?

Thanks...

(Now is they would just complete my 2RS next Thursday as currently promised, April will be a good month!)
Old 03-23-2018, 06:35 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Now that the GT3 RS is out, if anyone is thinking about passing on their GT2 RS incoming car or allocation, I remain very interested. 🤞🏻

Okay, I'll see myself out. 😰
Old 03-23-2018, 08:35 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you GT3RS-Fan1
I will ask if I can get a replacement set for the ones I've lost when trading up to carbon!
Old 03-23-2018, 10:19 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Please let me know if there in Europe (Scotland) if they will sell you the "Laser Etched" wheel set (4), you lost for "Replacement", when you upgraded to the carbon fiber wheels. Good luck.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Footsoldier
Thank you GT3RS-Fan1
I will ask if I can get a replacement set for the ones I've lost when trading up to carbon!

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS