Sponsored by:

991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 01:36 AM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Hope all is well Footsoldier. Congrats on your soon to arrive Agate Grey ANN DARROW.

My Blonde (Golden Yellow Metallic) ANN DARROW got delivered last Saturday January 20. The fit and finish is simply superb! When you receive yours, look at the gold accents embedded on the interior carbon fiber (door panel, dashboard, console), it looks stunning!

My Kingkong joins the party this fall.

TURBO S Exclusive Series

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I saw this car at the pebble beach reveal last year and as you said....in the flesh it looks much better than in pictures. It was interesting to see the custom watch set being offered too!

Did you design and get one of those as well?

Congrats on the car! What color are you getting for the GT2RS?
Old 01-25-2018, 03:49 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Very unusual spec, I think I know who’s car this is. He ordered it as his DD with sofa seats and no CS package.

On the other hand, his weekend toy is the new mid engine RSR that hopefully will win at Daytona

Welcome back! Haven't seen you for a while.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:59 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 528 Posts

Your Golden Eye (This is the name used by Exclusive personal at the factory) looks great in contrast with the Snow White background! But the color seems a little bit washed out, the finish in person is more copper like.

Mine should be finishing production soon if not already. I sent them a last minute instruction to hold it in Zuffenhausen for a Euro delivery early May. Told them to just leave it in the parking lot and leave the keys with the receptionist if they Can't find me a slot. 918 Spyder Circle have an event visiting Zuffenhausen and Weissach and a drive through the Black Forest in May. After than I planned on driving the car to Hockenheim for the start of my race season in the German Sport Cup.

As for my GT2RS, it is a May production and I am hoping they would reinstate euro delivery so I can take that car for another 918 event through the French Alps in July. If it Cann't be done I will keep the Golden Eye in Europe to be used in July.

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Hope all is well Footsoldier. Congrats on your soon to arrive Agate Grey ANN DARROW.

My Blonde (Golden Yellow Metallic) ANN DARROW got delivered last Saturday January 20. The fit and finish is simply superb! When you receive yours, look at the gold accents embedded on the interior carbon fiber (door panel, dashboard, console), it looks stunning!

My Kingkong joins the party this fall.

TURBO S Exclusive Series

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 01-25-2018, 05:36 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
After than I planned on driving the car to Hockenheim for the start of my race season in the German Sport Cup.

Cool!
Can you share the race dates? (Tried to find them)
Old 01-25-2018, 08:07 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Good morning,

Thanks. I thought about the watch but they couldn't tell me which manufacturer makes the watch so I declined, unlike M-Benz AMG, they use IWC. For color, several of us here got bounced on PTS, so have not decided yet, thus the fall delivery to buy some more time. The demand and popularity of PTS, I suppose was overwhelming and having different PTS choices plus the longer than normal process of making these striped carbon fiber frunk and roof as experienced in the manufacture of Exclusive Series is the reason many PTS got bounced among other reasons.

Thanks
Originally Posted by ak432
Thanks for sharing the pictures. I saw this car at the pebble beach reveal last year and as you said....in the flesh it looks much better than in pictures. It was interesting to see the custom watch set being offered too!

Did you design and get one of those as well?

Congrats on the car! What color are you getting for the GT2RS?
Hello Whoopsy,

Hope all is well. Cool, you are getting your "Golden Eye" (didn't know that term used at the factory) via European delivery. Hopefully they would have re-opened that program by then when you reach Germany. Yes the color is very unique from gold, to a tint of yellow to coppertone. It is a Turbo S, but the overall attention to detail of items they put in this car is what made it unique which caught my attention. I would say it is a modern day version of the former GT2 (additional 27 HP (Exclusive Kit)), but more luxurious. Good luck on your race and please share your some of your race pics when able to.

I hope you are one of the few lucky ones who got PTS (not sure how many they are, since everyone I know here got bounced on PTS) on your soon to be, Kingkong.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Your Golden Eye (This is the name used by Exclusive personal at the factory) looks great in contrast with the Snow White background! But the color seems a little bit washed out, the finish in person is more copper like.

Mine should be finishing production soon if not already. I sent them a last minute instruction to hold it in Zuffenhausen for a Euro delivery early May. Told them to just leave it in the parking lot and leave the keys with the receptionist if they Can't find me a slot. 918 Spyder Circle have an event visiting Zuffenhausen and Weissach and a drive through the Black Forest in May. After than I planned on driving the car to Hockenheim for the start of my race season in the German Sport Cup.

As for my GT2RS, it is a May production and I am hoping they would reinstate euro delivery so I can take that car for another 918 event through the French Alps in July. If it Cann't be done I will keep the Golden Eye in Europe to be used in July.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:26 AM
spydersmiley
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Re ED: I read in a Porsche magazine that Porsche opened its brandnew delivery centre in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen on January 18 of this year.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:39 AM
ricsan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
I assume this is an helmet bag for GT2RS people

My CP did an anticipation saying that is a gift for the GT2Rs owners!
Old 01-25-2018, 10:57 AM
BK77
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Would be pretty cool if they could paint the helmet case to match our cars....
Old 01-25-2018, 11:02 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 613 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by BK77
Would be pretty cool if they could paint the helmet case to match our cars....
that's a cxx option, $9430

Old 01-25-2018, 11:03 AM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 54 Posts

Includes side air intakes and rear exhaust...
Old 01-25-2018, 11:04 AM
BK77
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotic
that's a cxx option, $9430

LOL...sounds about right
Old 01-25-2018, 11:04 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

A bit over designed for my taste - but a fun idea.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:06 AM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 167 Posts

I dig it...will be a nice match for the one they sent for my GT3RS
Old 01-25-2018, 11:06 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Spoke to dealer and he told me Porsche has stopped PTS on all Carreras but there will be a window (from August I believe) for PTS on GT2RS and I assume the to be announced GT3RS.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:23 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

don't forget to torque the helmet cover to 600nM!

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS