Help!!! Thinking of Selling My GT3 :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 09:00 AM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! Thinking of Selling My GT3 :(

Hello all,

I have been going back and fourth with the idea of selling my GT3 lately. Let me give you a little background. Last year i was able to order one of the last 2015 production (march production) of the GT3 and placed the order for this dream car just how I wanted it. I love driving the car, and everytime I drive it it reminds me just how special it is.
The problem however is that I am barely able to drive this car. Due to our roads in Lebanon, I am not able to use this car daily; I barely use it weekly which has left the car sitting in my garage most of the time. I am looking for something fun, that I can use daily and not worry about parking on the streets or driving to the office. My daily driver is currently a small car which is giving me no pleasure. However due to the fact that I usually stay late at the office, I am driving this car at all time and not even using the GT. I am thinking of getting something like: dare I say an M4, that I can drive day in and day out without worrying where my car is parked or whether it will get scratched when I come back and get it. I have talked myself out of this, and even tried to use my GT3 daily (which did not work) and am very close to pulling the trigger.

ON the other hand, I am not able to keep the GT3 and get an M4 as the M4 in leb is over 120k USD or even an M2 which is over 80K USD and am not willing to spend that much on top of a GT3.

what do you guys think?
Old 03-08-2016, 09:01 AM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

I forgot to say that rennlisters are some of the best people I met which is also making my decision harder than ever.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:06 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Not sure an M4 would be a big improvement, if roads are the big issue. What about an SUV?
Old 03-08-2016, 09:18 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,051 Likes on 601 Posts

M4 is a great car. I owned an M3 F80 that I just sold yesterday and was replaced by an E63S AMG for daily driving. You will notice a significant difference in steering feel between GT3 and M cars .M steering is very precise but numb. What about a cayman S !! or GTS . Will you drive in the snow, because the M4 has a lot of torque for winter driving and this is why i replaced mine with AWD AMG. Also, what about audi TTRS or TTS they are fun cars to drive
Old 03-08-2016, 09:26 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

Macan Turbo with ecu tuning
a super daily drive rewarding fun to drive car
Old 03-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

I think you're making a mistake thinking about an M4.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:33 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 217 Posts

Since I spend a lot of time in Cyprus, I know what you mean. A GT3 cannot be a daily driver. If you can't keep it for weekly fun drives and add another daily driver I would definitely consider another car.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:39 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Lots of fun cars around at good prices. Golf R, Focus RS, GLA45 AMG, GT350 (maybe skip the R with the CF qheels). Macan is a good DD, but low on the he fun imo.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:53 AM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by robmypro
Not sure an M4 would be a big improvement, if roads are the big issue. What about an SUV?
The M4 is considerably softer than a GT3 and much higher therefore being acceptable for daily use. I do want something that is fun and that does go sidways, so a 4 wheel drive or an SUV would be out of question.

Originally Posted by pitt911
M4 is a great car. I owned an M3 F80 that I just sold yesterday and was replaced by an E63S AMG for daily driving. You will notice a significant difference in steering feel between GT3 and M cars .M steering is very precise but numb. What about a cayman S !! or GTS . Will you drive in the snow, because the M4 has a lot of torque for winter driving and this is why i replaced mine with AWD AMG. Also, what about audi TTRS or TTS they are fun cars to drive
A cayman S or GTS is definitely a possibility but I much prefer the torque of the M4 for daily driving, and even for fun purposes, the M4 and GT3 are considerable better than a cayman S/GTS. Any other cars I should consider? Maybe I should testdrive a Rear wheel drive E63s or C63s Coupe. is it any good?

Originally Posted by fxz
Macan Turbo with ecu tuning
a super daily drive rewarding fun to drive car
No 4 wheel drive or SUV for me.. Not a fan.

Originally Posted by Para82
I think you're making a mistake thinking about an M4.
Can you please elaborate why? Im open to different options, but I felt like the M4 offered the perfect balance of fun and daily drivability

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Since I spend a lot of time in Cyprus, I know what you mean. A GT3 cannot be a daily driver. If you can't keep it for weekly fun drives and add another daily driver I would definitely consider another car.
Sadly I would have to choose between a GT3 or another car. I am still young and prefer having my money invested in my projects rather spending on a second car. That is the primary reason why I wanted to sell the GT3. I figured the more I make money now, the more GT3s I will be able to afford when I grow up. Plus an M4 might not be as mighty as a GT3 but man is it fun. and the most important thing I am looking for right now is FUN FUN FUN which is why I considered the M4. What do you think?
Old 03-08-2016, 09:54 AM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Lots of fun cars around at good prices. Golf R, Focus RS, GLA45 AMG, GT350 (maybe skip the R with the CF qheels). Macan is a good DD, but low on the he fun imo.
Hi Nate, I am a rear wheel drive kind of person, so front wheel or all wheel drive cars are out of the question for me.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:55 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
If the Porsche GT3 can't be a DD - no way a Shelby will fill that role on his roads - and i'm guessing the Shelby will be a lot more expensive to import than his other choices.

The M2 might be the balanced DD you are looking for...it's got great specs and really seems to hold the true M pedigree - reminds me of the 1M coupe which was fantastic.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:04 AM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Para82
If the Porsche GT3 can't be a DD - no way a Shelby will fill that role on his roads - and i'm guessing the Shelby will be a lot more expensive to import than his other choices.

The M2 might be the balanced DD you are looking for...it's got great specs and really seems to hold the true M pedigree - reminds me of the 1M coupe which was fantastic.
Looked at the option of an M2 and hesitating between this and an M4, however the M2 will not be available for another 6 months as it is already over booked here and the M4 offers more space and can be delivered in 2 or 3 months specced how I want it.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:16 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Shahano
Hi Nate, I am a rear wheel drive kind of person, so front wheel or all wheel drive cars are out of the question for me.
That makes it a little tougher, but what about a M235i if you don't want to wait? Not sure how that compares in price vs the M4, but I wouldn't pay $120k for it.

Other option in RWD is a used 964 or 993, cheap enough that you could commute some days in it and not be stressed and so much fun you'll probably end up modifying it and enjoying it for many years.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:19 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 973 Posts

I think you'll be disappointed with the M4 (I was). Early reports indicate upcoming M2 is more of what we all like in the old M cars so might be worth waiting to get a test drive before pulling the trigger.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:28 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Seeing your recent video, you might have more fun with a higher power rear wheel drive drift car. Mercedes AMG GT perhaps?

Quick Reply: Help!!! Thinking of Selling My GT3 :(