Sponsored by:

Help!!! Thinking of Selling My GT3 :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OCturbo
I also agree that the Amg gt S may be the way to go for you. A softer ride (there are multiple settings to adjust this with a turn of a ****), a lot of TQ, sounds great etc. I think if u trade for a M, you will be disappointed, because it's a huge step down from the gt3. I also agree with the 911 TT- you can get great deals on these - $20-30K off msrp for left over new 2015's.
Hi OCturbo, im gonna go test drive an AMG GT S this weekend and will let you know what I think of it. Never thought of it before today.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:43 PM
Brindle101
Advanced

Originally Posted by Shahano
Hello all,

I have been going back and fourth with the idea of selling my GT3 lately. Let me give you a little background. Last year i was able to order one of the last 2015 production (march production) of the GT3 and placed the order for this dream car just how I wanted it. I love driving the car, and everytime I drive it it reminds me just how special it is.
The problem however is that I am barely able to drive this car. Due to our roads in Lebanon, I am not able to use this car daily; I barely use it weekly which has left the car sitting in my garage most of the time. I am looking for something fun, that I can use daily and not worry about parking on the streets or driving to the office. My daily driver is currently a small car which is giving me no pleasure. However due to the fact that I usually stay late at the office, I am driving this car at all time and not even using the GT. I am thinking of getting something like: dare I say an M4, that I can drive day in and day out without worrying where my car is parked or whether it will get scratched when I come back and get it. I have talked myself out of this, and even tried to use my GT3 daily (which did not work) and am very close to pulling the trigger.

ON the other hand, I am not able to keep the GT3 and get an M4 as the M4 in leb is over 120k USD or even an M2 which is over 80K USD and am not willing to spend that much on top of a GT3.

what do you guys think?

I own both a gt3 and m4 ( plus some other good stuff). To notice a difference for daily you will have to put the m4 in comfort mode. For fun sport plus, but ride IS stiff and fun. Steering is numb but precise, but I've got to tell you, the m4 is an awesome and FUN car. Trust me, l love it, and i have over a dozen high performance cars. Go for it, but remember on bad roads comfort mode, all other times ***** out sport plus everything and you will have a blast.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:55 PM
arsxs04
Intermediate

Instead of a M4 get a GT4 or a Spyder! Have not driven the GT4 yet but the Spyder was extremely fun.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:59 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Shahano
Hello all, I have been going back and fourth with the idea of selling my GT3 lately. Let me give you a little background. Last year i was able to order one of the last 2015 production (march production) of the GT3 and placed the order for this dream car just how I wanted it. I love driving the car, and everytime I drive it it reminds me just how special it is. The problem however is that I am barely able to drive this car. Due to our roads in Lebanon, I am not able to use this car daily; I barely use it weekly which has left the car sitting in my garage most of the time. I am looking for something fun, that I can use daily and not worry about parking on the streets or driving to the office. My daily driver is currently a small car which is giving me no pleasure. However due to the fact that I usually stay late at the office, I am driving this car at all time and not even using the GT. I am thinking of getting something like: dare I say an M4, that I can drive day in and day out without worrying where my car is parked or whether it will get scratched when I come back and get it. I have talked myself out of this, and even tried to use my GT3 daily (which did not work) and am very close to pulling the trigger. ON the other hand, I am not able to keep the GT3 and get an M4 as the M4 in leb is over 120k USD or even an M2 which is over 80K USD and am not willing to spend that much on top of a GT3. what do you guys think?
How many miles do you have on your GT3? How much are you looking to sell it for? I may have someone interested here in KSA. Do you have any pictures to share?
Old 03-08-2016, 07:00 PM
arsxs04
Intermediate

Driven both the M4 and the Spyder in the same month, I would rate the M4 7:10 and the Spyder 9:10 in the fun department.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:17 PM
16'991GT3
Pro

Anybody have any thoughts on an f type?
Old 03-08-2016, 10:35 PM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 16'991GT3
Anybody have any thoughts on an f type?
Having owned a jag xkr-s, I can tell you that they are fun cars. 550 hp and they are probably the best sounding cars, period. The big drawbacks were the lack of rear wheel traction, but mostly the zf auto transmission. The pdk-s is in a whole different league! Also, the depreciation on jags is terrible. However, if you want a manual transmission, take one for a test drive. Having driven the f-type R and the Amg gt S, I would pick the Amg, even though there is a $35k difference in price
Old 03-08-2016, 10:39 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

There is no substitute. Don't do it. It will cost you when you want it back.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:02 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
There is no substitute. Don't do it. It will cost you when you want it back.
I tried it. Sold my gt3 and bought an m4. I lasted 6 weeks before I kept the m4 and bought another gt3. I was miserable, cold, lonely and afraid for those 6 long weeks.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:19 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,034 Likes on 5,242 Posts

Get an RS. By all accounts it's more compliant on (rough) roads than the GT3.

RE: the AMG GT S, I don't think the ride is any better vis-a-vis the GT3, and one thing you will immediately notice is how poor rearward and front A-pillar visibility is compared to the GT3. And that long shnoze is quite a task to get used.

Are there Cadillacs in the Middle East? (Sorry, if totally stupid question, but honestly dunno.) If there are, consider an ATS-V. RWD, Manual, and by all accounts a very versatile daily driver.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:21 PM
16'991GT3
Pro

Originally Posted by OCturbo
Having owned a jag xkr-s, I can tell you that they are fun cars. 550 hp and they are probably the best sounding cars, period. The big drawbacks were the lack of rear wheel traction, but mostly the zf auto transmission. The pdk-s is in a whole different league! Also, the depreciation on jags is terrible. However, if you want a manual transmission, take one for a test drive. Having driven the f-type R and the Amg gt S, I would pick the Amg, even though there is a $35k difference in price
thanks for the thoughts, i was on the fence between f type and gt3 due to price, but i just couldn't pass up on the gt3, but could be a possible alternative to OP if he doesn't like the amg gt
Old 03-08-2016, 11:59 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by sgroer
I tried it. Sold my gt3 and bought an m4. I lasted 6 weeks before I kept the m4 and bought another gt3. I was miserable, cold, lonely and afraid for those 6 long weeks.
LOL, been there done that. All we can do is try to help him from making the same mistake we have made
Old 03-09-2016, 12:08 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Get an RS. By all accounts it's more compliant on (rough) roads than the GT3.

RE: the AMG GT S, I don't think the ride is any better vis-a-vis the GT3, and one thing you will immediately notice is how poor rearward and front A-pillar visibility is compared to the GT3. And that long shnoze is quite a task to get used.

Are there Cadillacs in the Middle East? (Sorry, if totally stupid question, but honestly dunno.) If there are, consider an ATS-V. RWD, Manual, and by all accounts a very versatile daily driver.
American cars specially vintage are very popular.

Last edited by silverrules; 03-09-2016 at 01:06 AM.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:29 AM
Lebo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same issue but with a turbo s previously and wanted one car that did all . I bought a C63 AMG because i favor big time the V8 engine as a one car for all .. i think the AMG GTS would also be a good option , i have test driven it for a whole day and it is a fantastic car ....but nothing like a GT3
Old 03-09-2016, 01:25 AM
Arth
Racer

Being Lebanese and living there most of my life, i always found it strange how knowing the condition of the roads and traffic are in Lebanon, such high end cars are baught and enjoyed there.

sure there are some great mountain roads but they are also filled with potholes( the ones that rip you tires off) and the worst kind of drivers on earth. Also they usually take some time to get to.

if i ever moved back i would only ever own a 4x4 as that's all that would work there imo.

I totally see where your coming from and why your thinking of getting rid of the GT3.

i would suggest a Macan like many have, but between the M2 and M4 i would get the M2.

just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Help!!! Thinking of Selling My GT3 :(