Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is Andreas Preuninger quote confirming 991.2 GT3 w/ manual option?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016 | 10:23 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

We're cool with your post ipse. But let me ask you this : when did anyone at Porsche,AP included,went on the record about an upcoming model,1 year before its launch and say point blank,without a shred of doubt : " the upcoming GT3 will 100% guaranteed have a manual transmission option! "...or any other feature or design change ? Never.
It's not going to happen. We can read between the lines,take his hints at face value or not,comment,speculate...that's all we have. It's simple really : put a refundable deposit down,nothing to lose. Done.
Old 03-06-2016 | 10:33 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by neanicu
We're cool with your post ipse. But let me ask you this : when did anyone at Porsche,AP included,went on the record about an upcoming model,1 year before its launch and say point blank,without a shred of doubt : " the upcoming GT3 will 100% guaranteed have a manual transmission option! "...or any other feature or design change ? Never.
It's not going to happen. We can read between the lines,take his hints at face value or not,comment,speculate...that's all we have. It's simple really : put a refundable deposit down,nothing to lose. Done.
It was done with the 991 GT2 in that oft-cited Autocar article.
Old 03-06-2016 | 10:38 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
What point am I trying to make?

Because I am not trying to make any point but to find the answer to my question.

NO agenda here. While I personally have my own preferences towards a PDK, I could hardly care less what others want in a car -- be it a GT or some other Porsche variant.

And, for what it's worth, I knew about what Preuninger said at RRV to select individuals in attendance. But that was nearly 6 months ago.

I am asking now because these articles make it appear that Preuninger said something in the interim, which is why I am asking. And it's for personal reasons unrelated to the whole PDK versus MT debate.

I am going to say it again, and for the last time. My post was written sparsely and carefully so as to avoid any agenda-driven innuendo.

I only asked because I want to see exactly what Preuninger said. Why is that so wrong?

If it is, then I simply do not understand the rules of this forum. And for that, I guess I apologize.
I'm confused. Did the Top Gear article not quote him? It had quotations.
Old 03-06-2016 | 10:41 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shaytun
I'm confused. Did the Top Gear article not quote him? It had quotations.
Someone asked this already.

And while the quote was from AP, it was far from a confirmation.
Old 03-06-2016 | 10:48 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
It was done with the 991 GT2 in that oft-cited Autocar article.
I have read and re-read that article. I don't see what he specifically said about the GT2 that qualifies as " point blank guaranteed confirmation " about something related to the car that's in question. That it's coming? That it's turbo? Nothing new here.
I can agree with you that he has said more than usual about the upcoming GT4 and GT3 with a manual option...and it would be very embarrassing if neither of those " predictions " materialize. But he has been wrong before.
Old 03-06-2016 | 10:49 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Not GT2/GT2RS is coming with the 991.2...Porsche turbo cars don't sell well.
Old 03-07-2016 | 01:36 AM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Just a side note on the manual though on the R. It seems like they again make the gearing very tall. This has been mentioned in one of the threads. Strange given all the negative feedback on the GT4 having very tall gearing, and Porsches in general having tall gearing. If they are just dropping this into the GT3, I wonder if the gearing will be any different.

Quick Reply: Where is Andreas Preuninger quote confirming 991.2 GT3 w/ manual option?