Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reaction on the street...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 12:23 PM
16'991GT3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was filling my tank yesterday and a man was cleaning his older 745i in front of me, when he turned around he flipped out, this was a grown man, he didn't know much about Porsches he asked me if it was a targa but he was very very excited started snapchatting the car and stood there for a good 5 minutes admiring the car, revved it for him a little to let him hear it he went nuts! This is out in the suburbs of Massachusetts, I agree with above where boston wouldnt get much attention but I've seen quite some reaction when out in the suburbs.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:57 PM
MS7044
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

My turbo s cab gets more attention. Interestingly while I'm only in Vegas a few months per year I've seen only one other gt3 (gorgeous black) at the gym, one gt4 (co worker I don't know) and no RS except this past week when Gaudin just got the owners 1/1 Rosso Corsa PTS RS in. Sorry no pics as I was in a rush. Oh Gaudin had a lava RS that I think was going out of state (sold at MSRP btw) a few months ago.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:01 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,777 Likes on 1,024 Posts

Registered the car last week. The person (older lady) who helped us said...so that was your white Porsche. Needless to say we shot the **** for 20 minutes, and it ended with a photo session.

This car gets all the right attention.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:42 AM
ColoradoCayenne
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Robmypro,

Hey fellow front range Porsche enthusiast! We live in an tremendous spot for excellent driving roads, and seemingly few exotics. I currently own a Ferrari FF, and just pulled the trigger on a barely used 991 GT3 (white, like yours!). The Ferrari gets too much attention, to the point I worry about leaving it in a parking lot. Its a feeling I just do not enjoy. I also had an Audi R8, which also gathered tons of attention. Before both of those, I had a 911 4S, and loved that it flew under the radar.

I was hoping to get back to having a great driving car that wasn't too "showy," but your experience here may prove my expectations to be a little off. I can understand, however. Every time I see a GT3 or GT variant, I always say to myself, "that is the enthusiasts Porsche." Can't wait to own one! Hope to see you at some of the driving events this year as well!
Old 03-07-2016, 10:12 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
Registered the car last week. The person (older lady) who helped us said...so that was your white Porsche. Needless to say we shot the **** for 20 minutes, and it ended with a photo session.

This car gets all the right attention.
"all the right attention" with an older lady??? Just wanted to put a Monday morning smile on you.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:19 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
Meissen Blue. Its more grayer than blue.
Looks incredible, post more photos!
Old 03-07-2016, 10:21 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by ColoradoCayenne
Robmypro,

Hey fellow front range Porsche enthusiast! We live in an tremendous spot for excellent driving roads, and seemingly few exotics. I currently own a Ferrari FF, and just pulled the trigger on a barely used 991 GT3 (white, like yours!). The Ferrari gets too much attention, to the point I worry about leaving it in a parking lot. Its a feeling I just do not enjoy. I also had an Audi R8, which also gathered tons of attention. Before both of those, I had a 911 4S, and loved that it flew under the radar.

I was hoping to get back to having a great driving car that wasn't too "showy," but your experience here may prove my expectations to be a little off. I can understand, however. Every time I see a GT3 or GT variant, I always say to myself, "that is the enthusiasts Porsche." Can't wait to own one! Hope to see you at some of the driving events this year as well!
You are going to love it! White is awesome. Definitely look for me. Usually out on weekends in and around Evergreen and Boulder.

Originally Posted by bronson7
"all the right attention" with an older lady??? Just wanted to put a Monday morning smile on you.
At least that was what my wife thought LOL.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:39 PM
robmypro
Race Director

I am at a stoplight Saturday and this kid on a motorcycle gets next to me, doing the enthusiastic thumbs up over and over, then he tears off, WOT. I tell the wife "I really hope that kid doesn't kill himself, or I will feel responsible."

This car just does things to people.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:43 PM
CYKBC
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

In Socal, nothing short of a Chiron would elicit the kind of celeb attn some are getting in the ubiquitous, uber leased 911
Old 03-07-2016, 12:47 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by CYKBC
In Socal, nothing short of a Chiron would elicit the kind of celeb attn some are getting in the ubiquitous, uber leased 911
I hear you, seeing as I lived in SoCal for 30 years. Things are so crazy here that it makes you think about how to respond. Should I do the simple hand gesture? Maybe shoot them back a courtesy thumbs up?

Troubling times in Denver lol.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:58 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just acknowledge them and give a courtesy thumb's up. Keep it simple.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:08 PM
16'991GT3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
I just acknowledge them and give a courtesy thumb's up. Keep it simple.
I do the same although sometimes I'm so focused on driving I don't notice so my brother does it for me while he's in the passenger seat.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:08 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by 16'991GT3
I do the same although sometimes I'm so focused on driving I don't notice so my brother does it for me while he's in the passenger seat.
My wife's full-time job now LOL. I honestly miss a lot of them because I am having too much fun driving.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:45 PM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Pretty typical public reaction to the GT3 as you all have experienced. Where I get the most attention is at Sebring. There are usually 4 or 5 of us there for HPDE and in between sessions P Car lovers are coming up to admire it. They ask if they can look inside and the ladies get an invitation to sit in it.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:07 PM
dannyb
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Marv800
I've found that my GT3 is a serious dude magnet. Fortunately, I don't roll like that.
I used to say the exact same thing about my Scuderia! That car got me the worst attention; nothing but dudes screaming at me as I drove by, asking me what I do for a living while I'm sitting in traffic or trying to hand me their business card in a parking lot. Made me not want to drive the car.

My 997.2 GT3 gets good attention. Only people that know what it is say something. Its always nice to receive or give praise to another car person.

Concerned that my Voodoo Blue GT3 RS will get a similar reaction to the Ferrari. I really really really hope not.

Quick Reply: Reaction on the street...