Sponsored by:

Bergmeister Takes RS Around Kyalami Circuit

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 10:31 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
Better than a guy with a full suit hans and stuff on, almost looking like going to the outer space and at the end being overtaken by guys in miatas.
Well when I made the post you're replying to , let me be honest to my ignorance as who Bergmeister was , since learned . Didn't know he should be my hero . However I doubt if Bergmeister dawns a helmet some dude
will overtake him in a Mazda , and besides it would be harder for him to scratch his nose .

It's actually a Trump tactick , drop a bomb (not doing the debate) and all Trumpeting breaks out for tons of attention weather right or wrong doesn't matter it's all self serving marketing putting one out front of the crowd for free ;however that wasn't my plan with my initial post. Still trying to learn here.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:07 AM
Masonbrick
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice lap. There seems to be a lot of understeer on corner exit...more than I expected to see. He is a great driver and it's nice to see him driving the RS pretty much at the limit.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:49 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

He could of had that dialed out but guess he just jumped in a press car and hit go and just managed the set up while having a good relaxed day in the office.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:57 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

more detail on the track ... interesting as new owner is not Porsche but rather the owner of the exclusive distributor in SA, so I guess Cayenne, Macans and a healthy does of GT cars per capita paid their way ... can't wait to drive it again, especially bumpless... the mineshaft left hander flat down the hill is thrilling stuff, but the new longer straight will make for some serious top speed too.

http://www.motorsport.co.za/News/Dis...spx?niid=53557

tight esses then uphill into blind braking double apex then blind left down into mineshaft which is flat in a aero car before a low speed right
Old 01-28-2016, 09:01 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by HiWind
... can't wait to drive it again, especially bumpless... the mineshaft left hander flat down the hill is thrilling stuff, but the new longer straight will make for some serious top speed too.
HW: I travel to Joburg once or twice a year for business. How hard is it to rent a car and get on track?
Old 01-28-2016, 09:30 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

+1 planning Kaapstad this year
Old 01-28-2016, 11:33 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Peter you owe me a beer so hope you're going to be here soon

Nizer I think it's possible but early days - they haven't even moved the race shop to the track yet, had the first race etc... but I know the owner - will PM you soon
Old 01-28-2016, 11:45 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
+1 planning Kaapstad this year
Fun city. Have windsurfed Big Bay a couple of times. Nice roads too. But long drive to Kyalami

Nizer I think it's possible but early days - they haven't even moved the race shop to the track yet, had the first race etc... but I know the owner - will PM you soon
Thanks. Travel is flexible so look forward to hearing how it develops.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:25 PM
Rennlist Editor
Editor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Front page news!

Front page news indeed!
https://rennlist.com/articles/watch-...t3-rs-kyalami/
Old 01-28-2016, 06:06 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Don't remember why, but look forward to it!!
Old 01-29-2016, 12:24 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 131 Likes on 60 Posts

Any of our Middle East friends that have done the Aston Martin gt4 experience in Dubai?

Do they do the full Grand Prix track? I'm doing it on on Monday. Have a few hours to kill and what better way to spend it. 😄😄

I was there visiting some friends driving the 24h race a couple of weeks ago. Looked like a fun track.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:57 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Any of our Middle East friends that have done the Aston Martin gt4 experience in Dubai? Do they do the full Grand Prix track? I'm doing it on on Monday. Have a few hours to kill and what better way to spend it. dde04dde04 I was there visiting some friends driving the 24h race a couple of weeks ago. Looked like a fun track.
Nice! You should do it. Unfortunately it's not full circuit from what I remember.

OT: Btw, if you are in Dubai today and tomorrow come to Dubai Autodrome, there is a GT3 CUP Challenge Middle East going on.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:30 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 131 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Zulu Alpha
Nice! You should do it. Unfortunately it's not full circuit from what I remember.

OT: Btw, if you are in Dubai today and tomorrow come to Dubai Autodrome, there is a GT3 CUP Challenge Middle East going on.
Would love to come and hang out with you guys, But I'm in Doha Friday and Saturday. Arriving in Dubai Saturday night. Stay safe
Old 02-01-2016, 09:32 PM
LewSF
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is pathetic! It's point and shoot!! Nice rev matching there ...computer !!!
Old 02-05-2016, 11:12 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Guys so this is the news for those keen to try out the track ...

1. for those of us in the 2 main local series (GT race called "Extreme Supercars" and my "S&GT race" it's likely (still not firm) that May/June & Sept races will be at the new track

2. there are a tonne of new launches coming in the near future (ala Portamao last year) ... VW, Chrysler, Fiat etc.. and they pay proper bills (unlike moaning racers) so they are being prioritised (considering the $15m spent on resurface etc.. it's makes sense - after all if the tracks aren't self-sufficient we'd have nowhere to go)

3. there is a Porsche Sport Driving School being planned ... lots of questions still re tires wear, brakes, costs etc.. for the team managing it but good news is the 991.2 cars showed very low t wear ... even Jorg's turbo etc.. (thrill cars) did a whole day more time than expected .. interesting!

There will likely be a few cars (road not race/MS) available for rent from OPC on a NBRing type basis ie YCIYBI* basis ... no porsche experience centre planned yet but I can't see why they wouldn't do it. Fly in for a 3 day weekend from UK easy - tan, thrills, great new track - will work.

4. BMW, Merc and Ferrari all will have advanced driving days but likely only very late in the year .. sorry guys

More news later .. and specifics as soon as I have them

I can't see why Carrera Cup Middle East won't be here soon too

* you crash it you buy it

Quick Reply: Bergmeister Takes RS Around Kyalami Circuit