Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS without clubsport ... Is it such a wrong choice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 01:19 PM
cebe
Pro

Received 435 Likes on 184 Posts
Default RS without clubsport ... Is it such a wrong choice?

I have my RS allocation set for a week 10 built date and PAG keeps coming back to me (via my dealer) asking if I really, really , really want the clubsport delete.

Apparently they can not come to terms with the fact that somebody would refuse the clubsport items for free ...

I do not care for the rollbar as I would use the car mainly or exclusively on road for long trips and I need the covenience of the extra loading room in the back.

Is it really such a bad idea to refuse the clubsport?

There must be a reason why they have already come back to me for a third time with this question: maybe the standard built programs calls for clubsport on every RS and my request is somehow disruptive of the production flow ...

Anyhow it will probably be a rare car, a little like the confort version 964 RS ... Maybe not desireable, but not common.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:28 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You won't be the only one deleting club sport. A certain percentage of buyers do delete it hence the reason the option is offered. I don't think your car will be rare as a result. Just less common.
Since you will use the car on the street mainly and want the open space in the back, absolutely nothing wrong with deleting it.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:33 PM
10RMV
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not keep the club sport on order and have the cage removed after delivery? I think it's doable. You could put it back if/when you sell.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:36 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I almost made the mistake of not ordering clubsport in my regular 3, but I'm so glad I did. I'd gladly give back every option and keep clubsport. Since you opened the topic of this thread, and asking ppl what they think. I really think you should keep it.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:40 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

You want the Clubsport! Keep it all the parts in the garage come resale time or sell them now to the U.S for a premium.

Non clubsports are all over north america. You have to opportunity to have a clubsport. Take it and run!
If you do not take it, you will be no different then the north america cars...

I will buy your clubsport parts
Old 01-17-2016, 02:50 PM
Banango
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
You want the Clubsport! Keep it all the parts in the garage come resale time or sell them now to the U.S for a premium.
This!
Old 01-17-2016, 04:05 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,529 Likes on 5,056 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1

Non clubsports are all over north america. You have to opportunity to have a clubsport. Take it and run!
If you do not take it, you will be no different then the north america cars...

I will buy your clubsport parts
Someone can, and will, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the clubsport cage is welded on.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:46 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

Terrible
Old 01-17-2016, 05:06 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,463 Likes on 2,811 Posts

An RS exclusively for long trips? It's your money...

I'd keep the cage.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:19 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMO, yes. But to me the GT/RS are not grand tourers.

They are meant to be used on track...again, IMO...and Porsches.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:19 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

It's your car, get what you want. Why would you ask the advice of a track rat that won't buy your car when you're selling it anyways...
Old 01-17-2016, 05:27 PM
Reza
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy with clubsport. You would be mad not to take a free rollcage from porsche. When was the last time they gave you a free option?

Remove after delivery, store for future (be it resale, or change of heart). No harm in doing that (unless you live in a studio apartment)
Old 01-17-2016, 06:28 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Yeah, comes out easy enough!! Get it!
Old 01-17-2016, 06:34 PM
FJSeattle
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cebe
I have my RS allocation set for a week 10 built date and PAG keeps coming back to me (via my dealer) asking if I really, really , really want the clubsport delete.

Apparently they can not come to terms with the fact that somebody would refuse the clubsport items for free ...

I do not care for the rollbar as I would use the car mainly or exclusively on road for long trips and I need the covenience of the extra loading room in the back.

Is it really such a bad idea to refuse the clubsport?

There must be a reason why they have already come back to me for a third time with this question: maybe the standard built programs calls for clubsport on every RS and my request is somehow disruptive of the production flow ...

Anyhow it will probably be a rare car, a little like the confort version 964 RS ... Maybe not desireable, but not common.
I'll buy it from you.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:06 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
An RS exclusively for long trips? It's your money... I'd keep the cage.
Originally Posted by PhilT3
IMO, yes. But to me the GT/RS are not grand tourers. They are meant to be used on track...again, IMO...and Porsches.

To OP: I didn't catch this before but If the RS is your first GT/RS car, then am very surprised you would consider it for long road trips. It's not a bad ride, but it's not "supple" either. I'm starting to regret dailing my GT3. As it has been stated, this is intended as a track car. Then again, it's your money.

Quick Reply: RS without clubsport ... Is it such a wrong choice?