Sponsored by:

How to get one?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 02:05 AM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

^my thoughts exactly.
I wouldn't even be reading this ****, but it's 5 below and I've got cabin fever ...
Old 01-18-2016, 05:51 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,984 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by ewjax
So not all dealers are the same. There are some good ones and Brumos is (was) one of them.
This is true. Most CA dealers are worthless and don't care about relationships. Thankfully I was referred to a few good midwest dealers and even got a GT4 allocation from one (a big premier dealer too). So I'm looking forward to starting a relationship with them.

Originally Posted by mooty
^ passion and brand loyalty meh
I wrote to PCNA before.
I race wih PCA
I raced in Rennsport
we own p car since 50's in two continents...

..... it's relationship, loyalty, bribery, enthusiasm, luck.....
as op and other entrepreneurs must know. if all u did was work hard and being a genius, u won't get too far in life... most successful ppl in any activities had Lady Luck wih them...
As I always says....it's always better to be lucky than good.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:32 AM
BK77
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3
BK- you and I are kindred spirits. Great post my friend.
Thank you, I was just trying to bring a little positivity to the thread
Old 01-18-2016, 10:43 AM
baronm69
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 16'991GT3
No offense or anything but I think you completely misread OPs original post as he is not trying to get a current gen RS, but he is trying to get on a list for a next gen RS when it is announced
Thanks....
Old 01-18-2016, 10:54 AM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
OP: if you're so smart and capable, do some research and figure it out on your own. You clearly aren't taking anyone's advice, so go prove us all wrong.
Praise the lord, thank you .. 9 pages in and OP is still posting masturbatory ego stroking bullsht. Its cool to fantasize, but probably best to get off this forum and do some work either to pay for the next RS or research how to get a reasonable deal on the current one. Neither of those things are happening on this thread .. like: call every single dealer outside of the mainstream cities and find out what their RS situation is. I've run this play a few times and it works.

That takes time and effort (a couple days of calls) but is one of the few ways that has a remote possibility of landing you in a car without getting ripped off. Report back here on your findings and that will show you are putting the work in; in turn that may get you more help.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:20 PM
baronm69
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lumber
And I think the common theme, from those that are actually getting an rs is
build a relationship or
put money in a red envelope.

I don't think you're going to get anywhere by walking into your chosen dealership with your driving shoes and martini racing jacket and convince them that your passion for the brand qualifies you for purchase.

Sorry I didn't stroke your ego...
Originally Posted by superquant
Praise the lord, thank you .. 9 pages in and OP is still posting masturbatory ego stroking bullsht. Its cool to fantasize, but probably best to get off this forum and do some work either to pay for the next RS or research how to get a reasonable deal on the current one. Neither of those things are happening on this thread .. like: call every single dealer outside of the mainstream cities and find out what their RS situation is. I've run this play a few times and it works.

That takes time and effort (a couple days of calls) but is one of the few ways that has a remote possibility of landing you in a car without getting ripped off. Report back here on your findings and that will show you are putting the work in; in turn that may get you more help.
I'm now off this forum.
Not sure I'll actually come back to this forum as the experience posting has been more than negative.

I got answers to my questions within the first 3 pages of this thread.
I had figured them out myself, but it is interesting and the point of a forum, to get others perspectives and experiences. For which I am grateful to the ones who posted answers and tried to help. Seeing like minded persons having exactly the same approach than mine, providing feedback about their own experience.
I contacted 3 dealers so far.

What I mostly learned within those 9 pages is not about P cars, but mostly how frustrated people are with themselves.
Feels like forums aggregate them, behind the comfort of their screen, of course.
Arrogant people giving you advises on how not to be arrogant, non p car owners calling you a troll, infuriated to repeat people providing a vision that as be provided at least 10-15 times already , people "profiling" how you behave just because of your age, saying you have not worked hard enough, even some imagining how you dress while insulting all the ones who dress like this.

All this for a simple question. Is this the Rennlist community? Is this the Porsche community?

Instead of finding fun being negative and aggressive toward new members who are, until proven the contrary, are at least as nice, open minded and honorable than you are, I would advise you to try and find positiveness toward your own being and life.
And if you don't find anything positive, take energy to change that, instead of becoming angry and spit your angriness online.

Bye now.

Last edited by baronm69; 01-18-2016 at 03:36 PM.

Quick Reply: How to get one?