Sponsored by:

How to get one?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 01:01 PM
baronm69
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
OP, seems that if the RS was easier to get you probably wouldn't want it. Someone said: "I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
The quote by the way is great.

Belonging to this hard to enter club is say "the cherry on top of the cake".

I am interested in the cake rather than the cherry.
Currently the maket has turned into some where clients only look after the cherry, no matter the taste of the cake.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:03 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by baronm69
I want an rs even if there were thousands of them, as this is the driving experience i am lookimg for, at such price point. Period.
Any RS "driving experience" could be easily replicated (often bested) by a few well chosen suspension+exhaust mods to a GT3 or even a "basic" 911. What "experience" are you referring to exactly?
Old 01-16-2016, 01:12 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

Why don't you buy a barely used 991rs? There is probably 20 up on eBay to choose from. Lots of colors and options. Owning and servicing one at your local dealer will only help you get into the club.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:25 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You just bought a turbo and after 4 months you want something else. Sounds like my kid and It reminds of me a while back. Eventually we will learn.

Cheers and good luck
Old 01-16-2016, 01:31 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
I don t understand this sadness
Why blame Porsche??

Do you blame Porsche because a 993 Turbo is so expensive???

It s very long time on RL we are repeating 991 GT3 /RS are last NA and what Porsche which knew it before US did? Sell them at MSRP
I was even offered 1RS in Jan 2015!!! as some other RListers here a 991 RS discounted! 6% MSRP!

Now that production is over ppl cry to get one?? Go on used market and buy one

GT3/RS are since ever not volume cars
and ppl waking up too late shouldn t blame the brand but themself

I can blame Porsche for a better engineering here and there
(Lighter true motorsport PDK- at the expense of less PAG profit Thanks! = NOT A VOLUME GT PLS or your shareholders will pretend same mega profits on our GT = poor engineering components)
but hey on Macan Pannys ok go ahead VAG

We spend our money energies time for these GT keeping
the Porsche appeal high
We merit more in engineering and less profits calculations rather than pretending in somebody else waking you up in time

Good news there will be others brand new GT from Porsche
Used market is also not closed
Neither Ruf, Singer & co.

and please Porsche keep staying LOW on GT volumes!!!
to keep as long as possible stockholders (for niche GT)
distructive hands away

I don't blame Porsche for anything, they try to make the best decisions day by day.

Right now the situation is complicated because of all the VIP cars for sale at big premiums. Maybe it stays that way? Who knows?
According to you they won't give out any more allocations? I personally haven't heard that?
Can you please share the source?
Old 01-16-2016, 01:33 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 102 Posts

Did I miss the part why you aren't buying one of the many that are available right now?

If it is because you want it for msrp, than why can't you get in line like all the people who are ahead of you?

Don't take it the wrong way, but all of life is a game, it depends on how hard you want to play. $$$ and you can have one this weekend, only thing it won't buy is time and happiness.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:26 PM
baronm69
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fastmd
Did I miss the part why you aren't buying one of the many that are available right now?

If it is because you want it for msrp, than why can't you get in line like all the people who are ahead of you?

Don't take it the wrong way, but all of life is a game, it depends on how hard you want to play. $$$ and you can have one this weekend, only thing it won't buy is time and happiness.
Yes you did.
I want to order the upcoming one, spec it like I want and keep it.
Would i buy a second hand one at msrp or 25k above sticker? I would, to help me get to be able to order the next one.
And no, I would not get one of the 350k+ cars easily available as for this money, i would buy something else.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:27 PM
baronm69
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hf1
Any RS "driving experience" could be easily replicated (often bested) by a few well chosen suspension+exhaust mods to a GT3 or even a "basic" 911. What "experience" are you referring to exactly?
Track oriented street legal.
I am not verse into modifications at all. Ilike stock.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:29 PM
baronm69
Intermediate

Originally Posted by silverrules
You just bought a turbo and after 4 months you want something else. Sounds like my kid and It reminds of me a while back. Eventually we will learn.

Cheers and good luck
Typical "internet marshall" reflexion which makes internet forums a pain when you try to have a conversation.

I wish your kid to have the ability to put himself in a position to buy a turbo, and to think upstream enough to make sure he does the right think, asking community for advise, to get the next car he wants, probably coming 2 years from now.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:50 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

The point is: how can you get to order a gt3 rs car without needing to buy 20 cars and wait 10 years for that.
You can't, and you shouldn't. All good things take time. This goes for relationships.
Sorry, there are no shortcuts.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:37 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
I don't blame Porsche for anything, they try to make the best decisions day by day.

Right now the situation is complicated because of all the VIP cars for sale at big premiums. Maybe it stays that way? Who knows?
Accordingly to you they won't give out any more allocations? I personally haven't heard that?
Can you please share the source?
Never said no more RS

The OP is pretending to open the configurator
and order Today a custom brand new RS at MSRP

Not sure were he was exactly last 2 years

i want it All i want it Now is not for low volumes cars

BTW i am sure he can jump on the next GT train and his too
too late pretending is quite arrogant

P.S. I want 997 RS 4.0 at MSRP
OP or anyone else complaining
would you sell one at MSRP or lower ?

Last edited by fxz; 01-16-2016 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:10 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes you did.
I want to order the upcoming one, spec it like I want and keep it.
Would i buy a second hand one at msrp or 25k above sticker? I would, to help me get to be able to order the next one.
And no, I would not get one of the 350k+ cars easily available as for this money, i would buy something else.
I'm wondering whether you are a troll at this point. So you want a free lunch which is to buy a car at 100k less than the liquid market price? Why? GTFO, take some time to get a reality check and come back not asking for a handout.

This thread is noise, a bit surprised how many of us took the time to respond after your follow up comments mad it clear that its not clicking. IMO you have not lived or worked hard enough yet to understand the amount of time and effort it takes to achieve things like spec your own RS at msrp. looking for that shortcut instead because you're a cool guy.

And by that I don't just mean having 'put yourself in the position' to pay sticker for an RS, but the whole story leading up to that point, which is the bigger deal.

peace.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:18 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

^^This. Good catch.Typical troll.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:27 PM
portmoody911
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by superquant

Alternatively you can try this kind of stunt .. sometimes it works

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...-nj-ct-pa.html
Wow, Superquant, the link you referenced is one of the greatest threads i have read on RL! Awesome! I am over 1 year in my wait for my RS.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:29 PM
BK77
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, guys lets take it easy on him!

I was 18 when I opened my first business, I was shut down by everyone I knew, friends and family bc I was too young and I needed to "put my time in" My number one goal (besides being a millionaire) was to buy a 911 turbo one day. Everyday I pushed hard and I stayed focused on that, and before the age of 30 I bought my first 911 turbo, by 32 I was a millionaire. I'm not telling you all this to brag, I'm telling baronm69 this to stay focused on what you want and ignore all the haters out there. People hate bc they are jealous. I'm now 37 and live on the water in FL, both my next door neighbors went to Harvard and are Fortune 500 CEOs, they don't hate bc truely successful people push others to be succsesful!!

I only mean this if you work your *** off every damn day and you are a good humble friend and family man.....if your not... Get to the back of the line and wait your damn turn bc I've been waiting and working for it for the last 17 years!!!

Quick Reply: How to get one?