Sponsored by:

How to get one?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 05:24 PM
991 GT3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by baronm69
I'd had that in mind...but that does not help my case as: 1. I want to configure mine as I want to keep it. Finding a dealer who will take 100k above sticker at order may be a possibility but likely to be hard to find. 2. I'm not interested in buying 20 Porsches and wait 15 years to have access to the best models. I want the brand to show they have interest in me, as I have special interest in them.
Agree. Seems business models evolve. Porsche allows dealers to **** off great top tier customers because they aren't part of that dealers fraternal inner circle on closely held commodities. Smart business would figure a way to circumvent a sales Mgr or GM's shortcomings. I'm not an *** kisser, not in my DNA, but want to do business with them at their highest level, not sure why this doesn't resonate with the execs at Porsche. System is broken like our gov't.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:25 PM
baronm69
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tqevo
Do you track it? It's just not that fun on the street for me. Maybe if it had a manual...
I did not track my C2S nor plan on tracking the Turbo but would definitely track the RS (or GT3 if I had one) from time to time.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:34 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

For 350k, I can get a lot of a car, track oriented, from other brands.
I see you ve alwady choosen to wait for the next iteration

i agree on this strategy

differently you would push further the bubble price

Congrats
Old 01-15-2016, 05:44 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I think you're kidding yourself, in thinking that the brand (the company) is at all interested in you personally. I know many folks with a long history of owning 911s, especially the GT cars, who are unable to get one at MSRP (in the case of the GT3 RS, not even for, say $25k over). See my sig as an example.

Way too many folks with train car loads of cash to spend, not to mention the 918 VIPs.

But hey, best of luck to you.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:44 PM
baronm69
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 991 GT3
Agree. Seems business models evolve. Porsche allows dealers to **** off great top tier customers because they aren't part of that dealers fraternal inner circle on closely held commodities. Smart business would figure a way to circumvent a sales Mgr or GM's shortcomings. I'm not an *** kisser, not in my DNA, but want to do business with them at their highest level, not sure why this doesn't resonate with the execs at Porsche. System is broken like our gov't.
If I was a Porsche exec., I am not sure how much I would care as they have created a great momentum that **** off clients like me, but make many other clients very happy.
1 lost for 1 happy. The car is sold. They hype and premiums are there.
> Winner for Porsche.

BUT...

Porsches (at least 911s) are not just vehicles. They sell "dreams".
If their other models can command a good premium, its not only about quality.
It's also because their live off a different "hype", a hype from the past when they had 911s only and were making car kids like me dream of their "exclusive car" as in the past, it was just exclusive to have a Porsche.
Now to have an exclusive Porsche, you need a Gt3, RS, GT4 and the likes.

So yes, somehow, exec. at Porsche should keep a slice of their production for guys like us.

Now...this being said...how does Porsche identifies such clients?
Through dealers (!), Porsche Cup events....I have no time (and no money enough) to be a Porsche Cup client.

Issue is I have no interest to licking the *** of a Porsche dealer which looked down on me when I came in to buy my first 911 or other would sold me a Turbo and made me feel like I bought a pair of sneakers.
(So you guys know, the experience of buying a car in Europe is MUCH better than any dealer in the US).
I have no interest in buying 1 car a year just for the sake of bing a VIP client, as there will always be a VIPer client (starting with the dealership owner).

It's a game. Not good in your are not already in.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:52 PM
gt2urbo
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol gl OP .. im 31 and have been buying porsches for 7 years...turbo, gt2 , gt3 rs 991 gt3, cups. What else would you get at 350k? a speciale? not much else besides a full cages real race car is am track oriented than the RS(street car). VIPER is it and what im moving to while Porsche figures out whats good for them. 675 if you wanna spend 400k plus. GL it is gonna be needed
Old 01-15-2016, 05:52 PM
baronm69
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
I think you're kidding yourself, in thinking that the brand (the company) is at all interested in you personally. I know many folks with a long history of owning 911s, especially the GT cars, who are unable to get one at MSRP (in the case of the GT3 RS, not even for, say $25k over). See my sig as an example.

Way too many folks with train car loads of cash to spend, not to mention the 918 VIPs.

But hey, best of luck to you.
I'm not kidding myself. I know they don't give a sh.. of my business: their cars are all sold.
They should just be interested in me, as unlike other buyers, I may have a little more interest in the brand than collecting or just owning the last thing.

Porsche Brands are what they are because you have PCA members, fans who put posters in their bedrooms.
Whether or not those who do that (and most don't) have sufficient money to buy a car like an RS, a 918..., the Brand has the aura it has because of them.

And for Porsche to keep the interest of a client like me, who has the funds to by an RS, hopefully one day a 918, will attend the PCA events, do charity, share my passion for the brand, and keep the car on the road, Porsche needs to show me a little attention.

If I can't purchase a car that gives me more sensations that a standard 911 (turbo or not) because the sell process is perturbed, then I have no other choice than moving to another brand.

15 years ago, we would not even be having this conversation:
1) standard cars we still analog enough to possibly not make me want to move to a gt3 rs version
2) GT3 versions were not hyped. They were just drivers drivers cars for people with a passion for the brand and the product. Not limited.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:53 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BK77
using a RS as a DD is just dumb.
How about a Cup car? Or a 918? The Porsche Sport Driving School provides these cars in some classes here in Finland at the ice driving school...

Name:  PCAU15_0042_fine.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  166.7 KB

Name:  878c5502-6454-451f-918e-ab658bfb4069_teaser_720x406x2.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  136.7 KB

Name:  54aa8529-61c3-4b3d-a52c-76639280314c_teaser_720x406x2.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  122.9 KB
Old 01-15-2016, 06:01 PM
baronm69
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gt2urbo
lol gl OP .. im 31 and have been buying porsches for 7 years...turbo, gt2 , gt3 rs 991 gt3, cups. What else would you get at 350k? a speciale? not much else besides a full cages real race car is am track oriented than the RS(street car). VIPER is it and what im moving to while Porsche figures out whats good for them. 675 if you wanna spend 400k plus. GL it is gonna be needed
I am not exactly sure to understand your comments and Lol.

Instead of "flashing" your car and your age, educate the board here on how you got, being aged 24 only, and every year after, into those GT2, GT3 and RS?
You seem like being on the VIP list? How did you make the list?

Bying a car over MSRP is not the point of discussion here.
If you inherit a relationship built before you with your dealer by your family, well this is not the point of the conversation to.

The point of this thread is how new clients, with no relationship to the brand but with a growing passion about it can get to see their passion (and willing ness to buy a product) fed by a company selling products.

And to answer your question, I'd probably never get a Viper in my garage, not buy a 650s new (but possibly 675LT yes).
At this time, yes, for 350k i'd get a Speciale.
I'd even get a F12 over an RS even though it's totally different, as I don't believe an RS (again, besides market value) is a 350k car.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:10 PM
baronm69
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
How about a Cup car? Or a 918? The Porsche Sport Driving School provides these cars in some classes here in Finland at the ice driving school...

Attachment 1011339

Attachment 1011340

Attachment 1011341

Awesome pics!!

I actually made contacts with Porsche NA to see how the tracking event on snow can be booked....my only challenge is finding the time for those.
But it's right there in my mind, with great great desire to get there.

Why not a cup? Would love to. I may get there when I have time.

918? Love this car.
Don't have the funds for it yet and anyway, it's too late to order one.

My desire to get and keep an RS is my first step in getting into the P Brand special cars.
918 replacement could be the next one for me.

Now, explain me if I can't even get an RS now, how do I get a 918 when time comes?
Old 01-15-2016, 06:17 PM
tqevo
Pro

Received 150 Likes on 82 Posts

Awesome pics!!

I actually made contacts with Porsche NA to see how the tracking event on snow can be booked....my only challenge is finding the time for those.
But it's right there in my mind, with great great desire to get there.

Why not a cup? Would love to. I may get there when I have time.

918? Love this car.
Don't have the funds for it yet and anyway, it's too late to order one.

My desire to get and keep an RS is my first step in getting into the P Brand special cars.
918 replacement could be the next one for me.

Now, explain me if I can't even get an RS now, how do I get a 918 when time comes?
If you put down a 500k deposit on the next 918 I'm sure they'll take your order.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:24 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Interesting feedback. Thanks.

Not so long ago, when the Challenge Straddle and 996 GT3 RS came out, no one really cared. You could them fairly easily, there were not limited: the number of potential buyers were making them limited runs.
The 996 RS was very limited and did not ship to North America.

I would echo those who made the point that the dealer relationship is key. It is about getting your cars serviced there, having a respectful relationship showing enthusiasm for the car and not flipping it , because they then lose the stream of income from the service work. The manufacturer does not intervene in the decision unless it is a program like the 918 preferential access.

Also, be knowledgeable and order your car very early. Most of those who got their cars are MSRP had deposits down a long time before the car was even announced officially.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:26 PM
baronm69
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tqevo
If you put down a 500k deposit on the next 918 I'm sure they'll take your order.
Not a patsy, sorry....
Old 01-15-2016, 06:42 PM
baronm69
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ronan
The 996 RS was very limited and did not ship to North America.

I would echo those who made the point that the dealer relationship is key. It is about getting your cars serviced there, having a respectful relationship showing enthusiasm for the car and not flipping it , because they then lose the stream of income from the service work. The manufacturer does not intervene in the decision unless it is a program like the 918 preferential access.

Also, be knowledgeable and order your car very early. Most of those who got their cars are MSRP had deposits down a long time before the car was even announced officially.
I was in Europe at 996 times, did not know about the fact it was not imported to US.
Like the 360CS, the production was very limited but it was due to low client demand.

I totally agree with you regarding placing a deposit early: that is what I am trying to do!
Old 01-15-2016, 06:54 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,040 Likes on 535 Posts

Do you track it? It's just not that fun on the street for me. Maybe if it had a manual..
Yes and will continue to do so.

Quick Reply: How to get one?