Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS Ebay Prices Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016 | 05:57 PM
stpatsday
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I only feel sorry for people without their dream car.
Well said.
Old 03-20-2016 | 06:20 PM
16'991GT3
Pro

Little do you guys know that Martin is actually Marv under a different name as we were onto him, and actually rolls around in his 991.1 rs of which is lava orange and speccd with sofas and he got 250k over MSRP
Old 03-20-2016 | 06:21 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

The Spyder I just bought is the first car I've driven/owned that I feel strongly I would have been willing to pay a healthy premium to own without a second thought. I didn't pay a premium, but I definitely would have knowing what I know now. So I get why others would do so in order to get a car they deeply desire.
Old 03-20-2016 | 07:25 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by superquant
Why is it that you are so morbidly obsessed with other people's money and how they spend it / how they feel about it? you've been on this monotone message for months now on every RS thread that I open. Here is some actual data on how these guys feel: the two people I know that bought their RS last year for 75-100 are happy they got the car when they did and they won't miss the coin when and if they sell. But its good to know you feel sorry for them from behind your keyboard. I will let them know. I am pretty sure the only one that needs to feel sorry here is the guy without the RS, ie you, and not the ones that could afford to pay 100k over. Better to have lived and loved than to never love at all. Put your energy into figuring out ways to make enough so you dont have to worry about what other people are paying for their cars.
Haha
I share this sentiment...
Old 03-20-2016 | 08:09 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Why is it that you are so morbidly obsessed with other people's money and how they spend it / how they feel about it? you've been on this monotone message for months now on every RS thread that I open.

Here is some actual data on how these guys feel: the two people I know that bought their RS last year for 75-100 are happy they got the car when they did and they won't miss the coin when and if they sell. But its good to know you feel sorry for them from behind your keyboard. I will let them know.

I am pretty sure the only one that needs to feel sorry here is the guy without the RS, ie you, and not the ones that could afford to pay 100k over. Better to have lived and loved than to never love at all. Put your energy into figuring out ways to make enough so you dont have to worry about what other people are paying for their cars.

Amen
So tired of hearing the same thing on every thread..."stealerships"..."unicorn"
Old 03-20-2016 | 08:49 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Park Place Porsche just dropped the price of their white RS with an MSRP of $203,570 to $269,900. I heard that they might take $260k for it if anyone is interested.
Old 03-20-2016 | 08:56 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I only feel sorry for people without their dream car.
That is an awesome quote!
Old 03-20-2016 | 08:59 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

I am sure PP is praying that oil goes up because unless that person just really wants to get an RS, why buy it 65k above msrp when the new one is just 8 months away.
Old 03-20-2016 | 09:04 PM
horns
Pro

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Park Place Porsche just dropped the price of their white RS with an MSRP of $203,570 to $269,900. I heard that they might take $260k for it if anyone is interested.
They are 60k+ over MSRP? I didn't think they operated that way.
Old 03-20-2016 | 09:47 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by horns
They are 60k+ over MSRP? I didn't think they operated that way.
It's a used car, they sell their GT cars at MSRP.
Old 03-20-2016 | 09:48 PM
tims16m
Racer

Why is it that you are so morbidly obsessed with other people's money and how they spend it / how they feel about it? you've been on this monotone message for months now on every RS thread that I open.

Here is some actual data on how these guys feel: the two people I know that bought their RS last year for 75-100 are happy they got the car when they did and they won't miss the coin when and if they sell. But its good to know you feel sorry for them from behind your keyboard. I will let them know.

I am pretty sure the only one that needs to feel sorry here is the guy without the RS, ie you, and not the ones that could afford to pay 100k over. Better to have lived and loved than to never love at all. Put your energy into figuring out ways to make enough so you dont have to worry about what other people are paying for their cars.

Well stated and right on point!
Old 03-20-2016 | 10:48 PM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

In the end we are all passionate about our Porsches/cars. Everyone expresses it in different ways and there is no doubt that for those who want and can afford an RS at MSRP and/or slightly above feel spited because they are at levels that do border ridiculous. Except, they are not ridiculous if they are getting those prices because the market is set where the demand and supply meet. I get the frustration, although I have no skin in this game, but can empathize with the sentiment. I hear many people complain on here about certain threads but the good thing is you do not have to follow those threads. I follow those that interest me and I am sure others do the same but this is the nature of this forums - so it is what it is.
Old 03-20-2016 | 11:41 PM
16'991GT3
Pro

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
In the end we are all passionate about our Porsches/cars. Everyone expresses it in different ways and there is no doubt that for those who want and can afford an RS at MSRP and/or slightly above feel spited because they are at levels that do border ridiculous. Except, they are not ridiculous if they are getting those prices because the market is set where the demand and supply meet. I get the frustration, although I have no skin in this game, but can empathize with the sentiment. I hear many people complain on here about certain threads but the good thing is you do not have to follow those threads. I follow those that interest me and I am sure others do the same but this is the nature of this forums - so it is what it is.
+1
Old 03-21-2016 | 09:20 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

I just bought a LO RS at over MSRP at a price I felt was a fair markup from a private seller that I could "live with". MSRP was $211K.

I finally cracked and bit the bullet. I figured with 100 more or so coming and with 185 dealers in U.S. and me on the list maybe at #3 my chances of landing one at MSRP were poor to fair at best. I didn't buy the car to flip, which I could and make some money in this market. I bought it because my heart rate increases every time I look at it. I couldn't sleep Saturday night with excitement after I made the deal.

Still giddy with excitement.

Yes, I paid over MSRP but the amount I paid I can live with and believe in the long run as its an RS I won't get hurt.

You have to reach that balance you can live with between enjoying life and being financially responsible based on your situation.

No one guarantees you tomorrow.

"Tigger" incoming. Sorry for posting some pics again I'm just a "little" excited.

Name:  image2.png
Views: 467
Size:  1.30 MB
Attached Images  
Old 03-21-2016 | 09:29 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Congrats on the purchase Waxer. Now put some clear LED side markers on it STAT!

Quick Reply: RS Ebay Prices Thread