991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS Ebay Prices Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016 | 06:33 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

the guys that love and drive their RS's don't needed pitty, they could afford to spend big to enjoy, the speculators and dealers don't either- karma...
Old 03-19-2016 | 11:51 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Yup, prices are moving closer to MSRP as more and more RSs keep getting delivered. I kind of feel sorry for those guys that paid $100k+ over for their cars.
I don't feel sorry one bit for the $100K+ over owners. I don't believe anybody had a gun to their head to purchase them.
Old 03-19-2016 | 12:55 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bronson7
I don't feel sorry one bit for the $100K+ over owners. I don't believe anybody had a gun to their head to purchase them.
Exactly their money their decisions
Old 03-19-2016 | 01:04 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Seriously, what are you guys even talking about?
Feeling remorse for someone losing money on a car purchase?
Well you better get out the Kleenex because whoever bought a 12c, amg, turbo s etc. is in need of your consoling while you're at it...

These are big boys. If you're spending 200k, or more, for a car, you better be ok with it not holding its value.
Old 03-19-2016 | 01:14 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I only feel sorry for people without their dream car.
Old 03-19-2016 | 01:44 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lumber
Seriously, what are you guys even talking about?
Feeling remorse for someone losing money on a car purchase?
Well you better get out the Kleenex because whoever bought a 12c, amg, turbo s etc. is in need of your consoling while you're at it...

These are big boys. If you're spending 200k, or more, for a car, you better be ok with it not holding its value.
You forgot the Panamera Turbo S, and Cayenne Turbo S. After two years, it is about an $80K loss.
Old 03-19-2016 | 04:16 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Yup, prices are moving closer to MSRP as more and more RSs keep getting delivered. I kind of feel sorry for those guys that paid $100k+ over for their cars.
I tend to think they could afford it, and they felt the premium was worth it. Seeing one in person, I tend to agree.
Old 03-19-2016 | 04:43 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by robmypro
I tend to think they could afford it, and they felt the premium was worth it. Seeing one in person, I tend to agree.
Exactly. Why should we worry about those that can afford $100K over MSRP. Their money and they can do whatever they like. We need to worry about our own problems.
Old 03-19-2016 | 11:18 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by silverrules
Exactly. Why should we worry about those that can afford $100K over MSRP. Their money and they can do whatever they like. We need to worry about our own problems.
True, they went eyes wide open into paying that much. I guess being a poor working stiff it's painful to experience 6 figure depreciation.
Old 03-20-2016 | 04:35 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Why is it that you are so morbidly obsessed with other people's money and how they spend it / how they feel about it? you've been on this monotone message for months now on every RS thread that I open.

Here is some actual data on how these guys feel: the two people I know that bought their RS last year for 75-100 are happy they got the car when they did and they won't miss the coin when and if they sell. But its good to know you feel sorry for them from behind your keyboard. I will let them know.

I am pretty sure the only one that needs to feel sorry here is the guy without the RS, ie you, and not the ones that could afford to pay 100k over. Better to have lived and loved than to never love at all. Put your energy into figuring out ways to make enough so you dont have to worry about what other people are paying for their cars.
Old 03-20-2016 | 05:14 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by superquant
Why is it that you are so morbidly obsessed with other people's money and how they spend it / how they feel about it? you've been on this monotone message for months now on every RS thread that I open.

Here is some actual data on how these guys feel: the two people I know that bought their RS last year for 75-100 are happy they got the car when they did and they won't miss the coin when and if they sell. But its good to know you feel sorry for them from behind your keyboard. I will let them know.

I am pretty sure the only one that needs to feel sorry here is the guy without the RS, ie you, and not the ones that could afford to pay 100k over. Better to have lived and loved than to never love at all. Put your

energy into figuring out ways to make enough so you dont have to worry about what other people are paying for their cars.
Exactly.
Old 03-20-2016 | 05:37 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I am actually interested in the ebay angle since that is a good barometer at least for people who want to sell them. The 991RS is an incredible car and I would definitely buy one second hand at the right price.

My personal situation is buoyed by the fact that I have other porsches etc to drive otherwise i'd be trying harder to get one on my spec. UV for a small premium with LWBS and PCCB I'm a buyer at a certain number. If they never get back to that number, oh well. I will get the next version.
Old 03-20-2016 | 05:43 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I am actually interested in the ebay angle since that is a good barometer at least for people who want to sell them. The 991RS is an incredible car and I would definitely buy one second hand at the right price.

My personal situation is buoyed by the fact that I have other porsches etc to drive otherwise i'd be trying harder to get one on my spec. UV for a small premium with LWBS and PCCB I'm a buyer at a certain number. If they never get back to that number, oh well. I will get the next version.
Give it six more months, and you should be able to get one close to MSRP + $15K, especially a non PTS one.

Completely OT: How do you like the GT4 at the track vs. 991 GT3?
Old 03-20-2016 | 05:44 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban

tracking market is legit and we all want to know, including myself (whats the PTS voodoo blue premium you think these days??)

but tracking other's feelings on their decisions is weird.
Old 03-20-2016 | 05:53 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by superquant
tracking market is legit and we all want to know, including myself (whats the PTS voodoo blue premium you think these days??)

but tracking other's feelings on their decisions is weird.
Agree 100%. I know it has only been just a few years, but I do miss the "good old days" of the 996/997 GT3 when we talked about track set-up, tires, brakes etc. The only trash talking was among friends about the DE Cup.

If you think the 991 GT3 forum is bad, just look at the Vehicle Marketplace. It has become a free for all, anything goes forum.

Quick Reply: RS Ebay Prices Thread