Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heat-Cycling of SC2 Rear Tires (on Track)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 07:36 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Macca,

As you know, it's all about exit speed and if you can't confidently put down the power at exit, it will slow you down. If your setup is causing exit oversteer that is slowing you down, I suggest starting with setting the front bar on full stiff and leave the rear alone first. I've been told that it's all about the front bar. As far as toe out in the front, I'm very happy with 1.5mm each side. The car does NOT become darty at all on the street. Try the stiff front bar and front toe out and let me know what you think. I think you'll like it

Last edited by orthojoe; 11-18-2015 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:36 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,268 Likes on 2,436 Posts

My sense is that the 991 GT3 will be fastest with relatively low yaw angles (not an old school sideways sort of car), so the balance should be fairly neutral, with significant corner exit oversteer only if too aggressive with the throttle, so the rear of the car will ideally dig in under power and accelerate solidly out of corners. The factory setup seems to achieve this fairly well if the tires have appropriate pressures and aren't too cycled out.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:13 PM
rm21
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Macca
One (or two) last things Manifold+rm21+Joe. Have any of you played with lowering the front of the car (rake)?

Do you have the car set up with driver weight when having the geo done (I typically do)?

Have any of you had an attempt at corner weight balancing this car (almost impossible to do without adjustable drop links I suspect)?
I have played with rake. As you noted, the Crawford wing results in less oversteer and more understeer in high speed turns. Adding the cup splitter and some rake is what it finally took to get the car dialed in. Next time Manifold and I are at the track together I'm going to have him drive my car to get another opinion on the setup. With fresh tires, it feels spot on at this point. I'll be at Road Atlanta this weekend and will see if the fresh Cup2s can help me beat my best time on the Trofeos.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:24 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Gents once again thanks kindly for your advice and feedback.

I've decided I will have some small adjustments made to the front toe and will adjust the front sway bar stiffer before my next track day and see how that goes. I will post feedback here. Ill leave all other settings factory at this point.

Once again, thanks.

Quick Reply: Heat-Cycling of SC2 Rear Tires (on Track)