picture of your garage

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 11:39 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by dewilmoth
My humble garage doesn't hold a candle to some of the ridiculous "garages" in here, especially the last one, but I'll throw it up anyway.

This has been the winter project since I sold my ACR in NOV and have some free space. The separate single car garage that isn't pictured just got epoxied yesterday, and will look the same when finished. My amazing wife painted the garage while I was in HI for a week after I installed the high lift door kit and side mount opener. I'm putting a Dannmar D-7X 4-post in the single car garage, and the posts should be almost against the walls for minimum intrusion. I plan on eventually buying a bridge jack so I can do heavy detailing and most maintenance stuff myself.

-NewAge Pro 3.0 Cabinets
-Full flake epoxy with polyaspartic top coat
-DDM Garage high lift door kit
-Liftmaster 8500W
-VacuMaid GV50 wall mounted vac
Don't undersell!! That is the most impressive transformation and well done! Enjoy the well organized shop now!
Old 01-08-2020, 12:03 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by msimon9
Finally done. Layout has changed a few time to try to figure out best placement for winter storage but here are a few from along the way. It’s 50x90 and it’s full. I wish I went bigger.

Very well done, one of my favorites in this thread. What color orange is the 2RS, Gulf?
Old 01-08-2020, 12:38 AM
Pr3z
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Looks great! You in the car business?
Nope. Was in a related business though.

Originally Posted by dewilmoth
My humble garage doesn't hold a candle to some of the ridiculous "garages" in here, especially the last one, but I'll throw it up anyway.

This has been the winter project since I sold my ACR in NOV and have some free space. The separate single car garage that isn't pictured just got epoxied yesterday, and will look the same when finished. My amazing wife painted the garage while I was in HI for a week after I installed the high lift door kit and side mount opener. I'm putting a Dannmar D-7X 4-post in the single car garage, and the posts should be almost against the walls for minimum intrusion. I plan on eventually buying a bridge jack so I can do heavy detailing and most maintenance stuff myself.

-NewAge Pro 3.0 Cabinets
-Full flake epoxy with polyaspartic top coat
-DDM Garage high lift door kit
-Liftmaster 8500W
-VacuMaid GV50 wall mounted vac
Hot dawg man, looks great!!!!! I got same cabinets, just in another color.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:11 AM
msimon9
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

yes sir, Gulf orange. Thanks for the compliment!

Originally Posted by msimon9
Finally done. Layout has changed a few time to try to figure out best placement for winter storage but here are a few from along the way. It’s 50x90 and it’s full. I wish I went bigger.

Old 01-08-2020, 08:58 AM
dewilmoth
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Igooz
Don't undersell!! That is the most impressive transformation and well done! Enjoy the well organized shop now!
Originally Posted by Pr3z
Hot dawg man, looks great!!!!! I got same cabinets, just in another color.

Thanks guys, appreciate it.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:44 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Don’t take this the wrong way, but that 50x90 is no where near full.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:42 AM
cunderwood
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

just moved into a new house, and attempting to create a space like some of you have. I typically work on my cars, so this space wont be just a "show" space. that being said, I need a surface that is durable, and i've heard some complaints from local road racing friends that have epoxy, that have said it doesn't hold up over time to things like brake cleaner, heavy equipment, etc.

weighing out the pros and cons of epoxy, or a polished stained concrete, with some sort of coating over it. what do some of you have, and why?

Old 01-08-2020, 02:22 PM
RLNTL3S
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by cunderwood
just moved into a new house, and attempting to create a space like some of you have. I typically work on my cars, so this space wont be just a "show" space. that being said, I need a surface that is durable, and i've heard some complaints from local road racing friends that have epoxy, that have said it doesn't hold up over time to things like brake cleaner, heavy equipment, etc.

weighing out the pros and cons of epoxy, or a polished stained concrete, with some sort of coating over it. what do some of you have, and why?
This question very much depends on - what and how the space will be used, if you have snow in your area, etc.

I have swisstrax flooring in my garage. It's perfect for my needs. At the end, it all comes down to what you plan to use the space for.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:23 PM
blackholescion
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Pr3z
Just finished the home build here. Got half of the garage semi-done. Office over looks garage wings of the home. Other side not shown as it's a mess from moving still.

Can you adopt me? I'll bring my PC for that office. 7700k @ 5 ghz, 2 1080Tis and 3 Acer GSync 144hz monitors. Feel free to use whenever. Not upgraded because not a good value with the 2080s.
The following users liked this post:
Pr3z (06-22-2020)
Old 01-08-2020, 02:32 PM
Feld
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 65 Posts

I used a industrial coating which is used for warehousing and can withstand forklift traffic. It is DuPont Corlar VF-525, downside is it stinks when you apply it, you will need respirator and venting of space. Upside not even a chip after 8 years, lots of brake clean, grease etc.

Old 01-08-2020, 02:44 PM
cunderwood
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RLNTL3S
This question very much depends on - what and how the space will be used, if you have snow in your area, etc.

I have swisstrax flooring in my garage. It's perfect for my needs. At the end, it all comes down to what you plan to use the space for.
I actually had a version of swisstrax in the last house, and I enjoyed it, mostly. the new house is 3.5 car width, with 1 bay being my dedicated wood working space, with a divider between that, and the area for the cars. the sawdust has to stay on that side....

with this one, i'm thinking either epoxy or high polished concrete, because it feels more sterile to me, which is what I want.

Old 01-08-2020, 03:55 PM
AllAboutThatP
Burning Brakes

Received 557 Likes on 278 Posts

I have epoxy, polished concrete and polyurea.

There are pros and cons of each.

Polyurea is the newest, latest and greatest. I have it in the main house garage. I like it the least. It's flexible when cured and I don't think holds up as well as epoxy. Mine is also really rough texture, to the point that I think it traps dirt and makes it hard to clean. When I use a mop on it it snags the mop fibers and leaves fibers everywhere. However, it has the most grip when wet. I could probably have them do another clear coat on top, which would smooth it out some though, and I may do that. Another thing, I really hate seeing the expansion joints, so I had them fill them and cover them with the polyurea. Since it's flexible, over time the polyurea has bulged up just a little, so you can see that bulge all along the seam. It's maybe only 1/8" tall, so not too bad that you'd trip over it or anything, but just doesn't look like one solid surface like I would like.

I have polished concrete at my business on the shop floor. It looks nice, but the downside is that it absorbs oil really fast. As in, if you spill oil, you better clean it right now or it will leave a permanent stain. I'm not sure if there is some kind of clear coating that could have been applied that may have solved this. Also, depending on the look you are going for, maybe having some "character" on your floor is ok. It is the most slippery when wet. I also had the seams filled, but you can see them still because there's nothing covering them and it's not a perfect color match. This is my second favorite.

I have epoxy in my detached garage/shop. It's my favorite. It seems very durable and has enough texture that it's not too slippery when wet, but is easy to clean still. It doesn't absorb oil or marks very easily and I think it looks really nice too. Not as nice looking as polished concrete IMO, but still pretty good. Since epoxy is hard, they filled the seams and covered them, so it looks like one seamless surface now, which I like.

Hope this helps.

ETA: Polyurea is quite a bit cheaper than epoxy and polished concrete, so that is one advantage to it.

Old 01-08-2020, 03:58 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,009 Posts

So far the epoxy has held up well over 3 years. Easy to clean, but I do like polished concrete.

Old 01-08-2020, 06:05 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 740 Likes on 403 Posts

You are going to get answer all over the board so they really are just opinions. Mine would be SwissTraxx. Durable and if you jack one up that one tile can be replaced. Epoxy is the worst. Over time it just doesn't hold up and looks old. The some longer than others but it will eventually need to be redone. No experience with polished concrete and its durability but I think it looks the best. Lastly if money was no issue I would do tile. Looks awesome and think that would last forever.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:33 PM
77tony
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 116 Posts
Default Display Garage

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topi...ay-garage.html

The following 2 users liked this post by 77tony:
masti99 (01-09-2020), TennisGuy (03-28-2020)

Quick Reply: picture of your garage