Sponsored by:

picture of your garage

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 07:24 PM
Bigboyrolo
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3point9liters
I am planning to redo my garage, and I recall seeing some awesome garages in here. Guys, please show off your garage! I would love to get some fine ideas. Thanks!
My garage can't take a car any more, best I have is a carport.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:59 PM
GT4 981
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

This has been my "hour a night" project for the past year. Ever since the p car arrived its been slow going and I refuse to do any painting or cutting with the car in the garage. I can't wait until spring to finish this up!

Old 02-28-2018, 08:38 PM
gmundster
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

HOLDING SPACE FOR .2RS A FEW IN THE BARN
Old 02-28-2018, 10:34 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 211 Posts

My garage is still a work in progress. The lift is new. I also have two rail jacks to get the wheels off of the rails for service work. I'm working on getting enough cabinets to keep everything stashed for a clean look. It's air conditioned. Above the garage is a full apartment ~875 sqft.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:43 PM
gmundster
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

NO AIR REQUIRED IN MINE...BUT FLOOR IS HEATED
Old 03-01-2018, 09:43 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Don't own a GT car yet but here is mine with a new addition.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:08 PM
ryan@usaimage.com
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cozy car cave

Old 03-19-2018, 12:22 PM
Schmed
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by sctanton52
I got a first world problem that I may need some help on over the next while. The wifey and I just put an offer in on this place in Bonaire, It will be a winter home, so we will live there some 5-7 months a year. We were just there this last two weeks on a Windsurfing trip and fell in love with the Island once again. We have been there before. The place/location we put the offer in on is kinda nice, as you can see by the pics. However, it has no f-ing garage. It was designed and built by a European dude in 2014, which I am fully OK with, it is built very well. But WTF you build a place like that and you leave your cars/motorbikes mostly out in the sun?? That stupid canvas cover over the existing car-port would protect diddley-squat. Now I do not plan on having any real ‘fancy’ cars there, the local roads are mostly crap. It will be a small/medium SUV with either an HD 883 Sporty, or more likely a Vespa, or two, GTS/GTV 300 would housed in the garage. We have two options on where to build, one is the pad below the Canvas cover as seen in one of the pics, and the other option is more complex, but doable. If you look at the picture of the place from the water, on the left you see an opening that could house a good sized two car garage, it would need to be cantalivered over the bank. But if you put a window wall opposite the door, your view driving in to the garage would be be 100% of the Carabbean Sea. So I ain’t going for the biggest or fanciest garage here, my RL friends have clearly got me beat on that front. But I may go for the best drive in view.
Oh good gosh, that's a beautiful house. When I first saw the picture, I thought.... man, that looks like Bonaire!

I agree about the crappy roads. Driving around in one of those white rental pickup trucks, I feel like our air tanks are going to bounce out of the back. Jeep would be great there with a built-in scuba tank rack. Store the windsurf gear over at Lac Bay!

(funny story, at least to me.... we did a dive trip there with another couple and you can't dive 24 hours before your flight, so we went to Lac Bay (Windsurf mecca) on our last day. I told my buddy that we should try to rent windsurf gear and he wanted to take a lesson, but I said... "naaahhhh - we'll figure it out". Well... I neglected to tell him that I windsurf (not well) and own my own gear, etc.. We rent one setup and he tell me "you go first". So I get on, head out, turn around, and tell him "hey - that's not too hard, give it a try". He proceeds to get on, fall off, about 20 times in a row. Meanwhile, our wives are in on the trickery on the beach laughing their butts off. As we drive back to Kralendijk, I say "that was fun - certainly better than the windsurfing I did all last summer". )

Enjoy BON. Maybe our most favorite place on the planet! Bon Bini!
Old 03-19-2018, 01:42 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bonaire is indeed nice, great weather, out of the Hurricane Belt, very stable Government, very low crime rates, great food. Also fairly easy to get your residency permit so you can come and go as you please. I am working with an architect in Europe on the design of the new garage, with the help of the original owner. I went with the existing parking pad location as it is a much simpler build. The Garage design will match the house, its only a 2 car unit, due to space limitations. I will post some design pictures/plans once the plans are formalized. Lac Bay is indeed a hoot, both the wife and I are Wind Surfers, she is much better than me. We are only snorkelers, but both want to do the PADI thing.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:49 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

GT4 is behind the scenes !
Old 03-19-2018, 02:05 PM
uberm3
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Lots of inspiration here. Would be interested in hearing opinions on flooring. I’ve been looking at Swiss track but am concerned about damage from using jack stands, etc. thoughts? Thanks!
Old 03-19-2018, 02:17 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 640 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter

Great to see an 8C! How do you like it?
Old 03-19-2018, 04:09 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter

We need more pics of that 8C. Beautiful car!
Old 03-19-2018, 04:11 PM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

I finished the flooring with ceramic tile. No complaints whatsoever other than I used gray color 24x24”tiles. Sometines nuts, bolts etc get lost in the color. Got the tile from buildirect.com.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:24 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I did a Porcelain Tile floor in one of my garages. The tiles I used are through color so if you chip one, the chip does not show that much. However, I have not chipped one yet, they are 4 years old. The looks are great, easy to clean, I have a small walk behind battery powered cleaner. If jacking, or when using metal work stands I use small sections of plywood. I had a professional service do an epoxy coating in my hanger, which also acts as a back-up garage/shop. I am happy with that finish, it has held up well, some 10 years now. I use the same floor cleaner, I just put different pads on it for the epoxy. I have never tried the snap together tiles, but some folks like them. Good luck, post some pictures when you are done.

Quick Reply: picture of your garage