Sponsored by:

picture of your garage

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 12:35 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
My guess - it's for scale to go with the main house.
Will have 14' ceilings wanted 16' for multi car lifts.
Yes, that was 1 of the 2 reasons, to have aesthetically the same roof line height.

Originally Posted by Igooz
FastMD, why such high ceilings?
(I am building my last shop, and I am will not go high ceiling again. So I am wondering if I am missing something).
The 2nd reason I went so high, ended up with a 22.5' ceiling was that I am building a mezzanine also which will have a second movie theater(in addition to my home theater) and another lounge( in addition to the first floor lounge). The high ceilings allows me to have lifts under the mezzanine with a car on top.

I also have the ability to anchor a 3 car stacker lift because of the high ceiling and the way we engineered the floor.

The floor also has built in power outlets and additional conduits running the full span underneath the cement. We also ran all the water under ground below the frost line, so there is water access on all sides of the garage.

I have 10 acres in NJ, which is hard to get now but where I wanted my garage I am dealing with an environmental easement because I have a stream behind the garage. So there was only so far I could push it out on one side and still be symmetrical.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:26 AM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 511 Likes on 279 Posts

FastMD, understood.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:31 PM
RobbieRob
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 52 Posts

Yes, I have used them in the past and they work great. Because of my torsion spring set up it was not a problem. But, I also added additional manual deadbolt latches which you can put a shackle through for additional security.[/QUOTE]

I thought so by the pictures. I'm using them also on my 4 bays, they are so quiet, really happy with them
Old 12-23-2016, 01:00 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mr fastmd that is one very nice garage sir! I am a fan of Porcelain tile also, while I do not have it in my Hangers I do have it in my primary home's garage floor, and I will be putting it the garage in a new summer home I am building out in BC. I use a Advance battery powered walk behind floor cleaner, that works like a charm on the tiles. In a Hanger I have in BC I put in a Schwiess hydraulic door system, crappy picture attached, you can see one of the hydraulic rams on the upper left . Right now that Hanger is just for storage, the interior upgade plan is in the works. It is an old picture the ramp are in front of the hanger is now paved. In the new home I will using using that style for my car garage door. You can put the hydralic pack anywhere, so the doors operation is virtually silent. It also provides a nice sun/rain shade in the open postion. That Hanger door is 12' high by 50' wide, they custom make them to whatever size you want. `
Attached Images  
Old 12-23-2016, 01:18 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by sctanton52
Mr fastmd that is one very nice garage sir! I am a fan of Porcelain tile also, while I do not have it in my Hangers I do have it in my primary home's garage floor, and I will be putting it the garage in a new summer home I am building out in BC. I use a Advance battery powered walk behind floor cleaner, that works like a charm on the tiles. In a Hanger I have in BC I put in a Schwiess hydraulic door system, crappy picture attached, you can see one of the hydraulic rams on the upper left . Right now that Hanger is just for storage, the interior upgade plan is in the works. It is an old picture the ramp are in front of the hanger is now paved. In the new home I will using using that style for my car garage door. You can put the hydralic pack anywhere, so the doors operation is virtually silent. It also provides a nice sun/rain shade in the open postion. That Hanger door is 12' high by 50' wide, they custom make them to whatever size you want. `
Love the hangar door one was in my original plans.

Worth every penny but could not get approval regardless of exterior finish - considered a commercial door.
Old 12-23-2016, 01:51 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Love the hangar door one was in my original plans.

Worth every penny but could not get approval regardless of exterior finish - considered a commercial door.
We are just dealing with the Architects right now. We said that is what we wanted for the new 3-Car garage door. Just one wide hydraulicly operated door. I guess I better check in with the building inspectors for the region and see if that is an issue with a private home in my area, I hope not.
Old 12-23-2016, 02:08 PM
Suitcase
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 39 Posts
Default In case you missed it

There are some really beautiful buildings posted in this thread. There are some really beautiful cars in those buildings. But.....nothing tops this. (post 318 on the right in case you missed it)

Originally Posted by 9114609048
Our small garage was simple, with inexpensive wood cabinets and carpet. Worked fine for us...

Attached Images  
Old 12-23-2016, 02:14 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 245 Likes on 144 Posts

Ho Lee Fck
Old 12-23-2016, 02:22 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 273 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Suitcase
There are some really beautiful buildings posted in this thread. There are some really beautiful cars in those buildings. But.....nothing tops this. (post 318 on the right in case you missed it)
Well we can all stop posting now...man that's just awesome
Old 12-23-2016, 02:42 PM
Suitcase
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 39 Posts
Default More....how great is this quote?

I don't know you 9114609048 but you got this right! Drive the cars; especially the great ones, no matter what they're worth. No Porsche (or Ferrari) "graveyards." I'm taking my R out now in Christmas shopping traffic. But....I will be careful.

Originally Posted by 9114609048
1963 to 1989 and estimate about 100,000 miles of interesting adventures with that GTO! It was never trailered anywhere.
Yes, I have a lot of crazy car & race stories. If you have good beer in the fridge and nice cars in the garage, invite me over...

Old 12-23-2016, 04:41 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

We are just dealing with the Architects right now. We said that is what we wanted for the new 3-Car garage door. Just one wide hydraulicly operated door. I guess I better check in with the building inspectors for the region and see if that is an issue with a private home in my area, I hope not.
Good Luck - live in a historical neighborhood believe it or not St Louis was the 4th largest city when it hosted the World's Fair.

Key is to get an architect that says thank you may I have another - my patience runs thin.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:22 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^ Eeeeeeeasy!!!
Old 12-24-2016, 12:02 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 102 Posts

I like the hangar doors but I would not be able to pass code. As it is, legally here a garage should have no more than 3 facing doors and park only 3 cars. I could start a new thread on the number of fights we have had with my township and $$$delays they have caused me.

My architect was great in the beginning, but now I wish he was in my foundation
Old 12-24-2016, 07:40 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

It's good therapy to vent!

The garage only left me a few things to do - wife decided the German kitchen required a bit of Italian.

While it's funny the thing weighs 2100 it's going to be a science project to install just getting into the house undamaged was luck.
Attached Images  

Last edited by nuvolari612; 12-24-2016 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:15 AM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 69 Posts

Anyone looking for genuine dealer signs ???

I have 2
--Older blue/gray Porsche sign in plastic. Lots of "patina"(ie cracks)....hang on wall, mount in frame with lights or place under glass for cool table. $375 OBO

--Newer genuine Porsche dealer service sign; 5' tall, metal, one-sided so mounts flat on wall or stand. PERFECT inset shield (new ones at dealers now are a sticker !) with no scratches or cracks. One small ding at bottom, otherwise perfect paint & shield. $5200 OBO

Local pickup only in suburban Atlanta area

Bill
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: picture of your garage