Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTS 911 Turbo S Cabrio at Monterey PCA Parade!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 01:20 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default PTS 911 Turbo S Cabrio at Monterey PCA Parade!

PCNA's display cars arrived today at the Hyatt Regency in Monterey for Monday's Parade Concours. The most noticeable was this PTS 911 Turbo S Cabriolet with just about every option one can possibly order on a 991!

The PTS color looks to me like 'Viper' or 'Signal Green', although there is an off chance it could be 'RS Green'. I will find out and report back the exact color the moment I am able to talk to anyone from 'Porsche Exclusive' at the Parade.

Note that the exterior rear view mirrors and the top portion of the rear spoiler can be ordered in a deviating color (in this case 'Black'). This option is also available on the 991 & 981 models & has been around for a while. Yet few US customers are taking advantage of ordering it. It is not in the configurator. You need to ask 'Porsche Exclusive' for it and they'll quote you a price.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images        
Old 06-14-2014, 01:26 AM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice...i like the center lock delete
Old 06-14-2014, 02:00 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Note that the exterior rear view mirrors and the top portion of the rear spoiler can be ordered in a deviating color (in this case 'Black').

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

That only works if you can also choose the colour of air intakes on rear arches otherwise black will have to be the order of the day.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:49 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

Looks cool ...until seing the rear's jarring ricer/albino tailights ..these should have been done like the really sporty optional smoked ones on the Boxster/Cayman

Also would have been better to use the Sport Design mirrors and painting its two stalks green and the casing in black, vs the all black reg mirror as spec'd , to continue the "black over green " scheme as seen on the roof and the wing .

Love the black Fuchs style wheels ..would look great with a black Targa hoop ...exactly like an 80s Turbo Targa ....hmmm. ...maybe they are saving the black Targa hoop for the Turbo version ?!

Last edited by MKW; 06-15-2014 at 12:17 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:24 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Of course its a display car. Rotors way too scruffy looking for concours.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:32 AM
Hubba
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for posting the pics.. I'd call it envy green.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:22 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

horrible
Old 06-14-2014, 02:04 PM
BlackSpeed
Advanced

lose the tails and replace the amber markers, yuck.
I do like the PTS, especially with the PTS wing/mirrors
Old 06-14-2014, 04:33 PM
Montesquieu
Advanced

I normally don't like the turbo in cab, but that's the best looking turbo cab, and one of the best 991s of any configuration, that I've seen. Nice job by the owner!
Old 06-14-2014, 04:42 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Montesquieu
... Nice job by the owner!
as OP stated, it is a PCNA display vehicle , but I'm sure someone who really loves it can put " dibs" on it at the Concours ..the lights would be easy unplug/plug swap out

Eduardo, could that exterior be the PTS 21D green , which Brett at Sonnen has built a couple Boxsters with ? You know, the one on their sponsored header at top of this page . Can't tell since your pics are in shade, but TTS's green seems livelier.

What color is the interior as well as the stitching ?
Old 06-14-2014, 07:08 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,433 Likes on 2,244 Posts

stunning
Old 06-15-2014, 03:16 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Montesquieu
Nice job by the owner!
Originally Posted by MKW
as OP stated, it is a PCNA display vehicle
Yes, the owner is PCNA. The car was shipped to 'Exclusive Cars' at PCNA in Atlanta.

Originally Posted by MKW
Eduardo, could that exterior be the PTS 21D green , which Brett at Sonnen has built a couple Boxsters with ? You know, the one on their sponsored header at top of this page . Can't tell since your pics are in shade, but TTS's green seems livelier.
No, it's not 'British Racing Green'. I never saw that color in person but the photos of it by Sonnen in their website vs the ones taken outside are night & day. Personally, I don't think 'British Racing Green' IN PERSON looks anything like the lighter color in the 'road' photos on that Boxster!

This green has more blue than yellow. It is nothing like my old W25 'Signal Green'. How do I know? Because I took my W-25 rear spoiler (factory painted as it came on my '07 PTS 'Signal Green') on my Mini JCW, drove it out there and put it against it tonight (I'll post photos another day). This green has way too much 'blue'. My 'Signal Green' W25 had more of a 'yellow' hue. I am now thinking it might be either the current PTS 'Signal Green' (22S from the MY1992) or 'Green' (2D8 from the RS Green' of '07/'08). I believe 'Viper' (code 225) doesn't have as much 'blue' as that green on this 911 Turbo S. But I will find out by tomorrow night...as soon as I meet anyone from 'Porsche Exclusive' & ask.

If you learn anything from this discussion is that photos often DO NOT represent well the actual visual impression of a car color on the human eye!

Originally Posted by MKW
What color is the interior as well as the stitching ?
The interior color combo appears to be a bonafide ORCA (Black/Pebble Grey Seat Inlays), with deviating stitching in 'Pebble Grey'. Me don't like. But Sascha Glaeser seems to love it.

And it has too much 'Green' in the interior - in my opinion. The wider deco strip that separates the dash from the under-dash is just too wide in the 991 (vs the slimmer 997 trim) to handle well such an infusion of a bright color like this green. The way to add a splash of color to the interior that stands out but its very elegant is to paint the ventilation slats in exterior color (Option CDN)! The painted console elements are also questionable. But that is just my personal opinion as a consumer. But that is not the purpose of the exercise. This 'Porsche Exclusive' Demo is meant to show all potential customers & P-dealer salespersons a wide assortment of 'Porsche Exclusive' 991 options so that they know what is possible and how it looks in real life!

Before you look at the final photo, try to guess the MSRP of this 911 Turbo S Cabrio. Now check. I bet you underestimated the price by quite a bit!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images          
Old 06-15-2014, 07:56 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

IMO, that is one butt ugly Turbo.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:17 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Too much going on. Over stimulation and I don't like the clear tail lights. Great car though not my color or trim choices.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:49 AM
Vaf
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Interior looks horrible with that accent color. Tail lights don't look right, and surprised they kept the amber side lights. The spoiler looks great however. Giving it away at $246!

Happy Father's Day all!

Quick Reply: PTS 911 Turbo S Cabrio at Monterey PCA Parade!