Reference Guide to PTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 10:21 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Kodoc
Decided to post these before parting with this car
My favorite green -- lichtgrun/light green/birch green (color code 253)

Jerry
You'll regret letting go of that beauty.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:44 AM
Kodoc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
You'll regret letting go of that beauty.
You are correct -- this is especially painful. Unexpected (but very good) big lifestyle changes coming up and plan to return car to dealer. Alternative is to store car for 3-4 years.

Jerry
Old 10-10-2018, 03:09 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by Kodoc
You are correct -- this is especially painful. Unexpected (but very good) big lifestyle changes coming up and plan to return car to dealer. Alternative is to store car for 3-4 years.

Jerry
Store the car. I'm happy to wait 4 years for the thank you card.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:56 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default A personal word, if I may...

Dear Rennlist Friends:

Today I sold the 2017 .2 991S that I just posted on Rennlist Classifieds:

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...and-spasm.html

I want to congratulate the new owner of this fine vehicle. He is a fellow Rennlister who first saw the ad here on
our forum. I appreciated the great response to this ad from so many of you. I am glad to see the special specs
of this car were appreciated by so many of you! This '17 .2 991 Carrera S replaced my '15 'Signal Green' .1 991
gt3. The reason was that I didn't love PDK. And this '17 was not only a manual, but it was equipped with the
'Sport Package' which featured 'Rear Axle Steering'. I loved this '17 .2 991S and soon overcame my trepidation
over not being a 'naturally aspirated' engine. This car was/is a torque monster...and handled like a junior gt3!

I will repeat here what I recently posted in about my future plans in automotive subjects & Rennlist:

"So I am not abandoning Porsche or automobiles made in 'das vaterland'.
At 68 years of age, and having been a Porsche customer since 1973, I am
still dance to the tune of 'Deutschland über alles'. But I am not particularly
happy with PAG at the moment, given how badly they are handling PTS
and also for allowing dealers to engage in the ADM abuse. I have never
seen a corporation utilize their best & most loyal customers to subsidize
their dealers' profit margins so boldly & so flagrantly! But PCNA & PAG
are OK with it because it allows them to push more Panameras & other
less desirable cars on their US distribution channels. They will soon find
out, when leaner economic times come back, that this was a very short-
sighted policy.

In the meantime, I will explore the possibility of jumping to the dark side
and buying a Ferrari 488 Spider before I buy my next Porsche (the upcoming
Boxster Spyder). Ferrari is not without it's own issues. But at least dealers
have to sell their cars at MSRP to the original customer. And while the models
are 'hot' (meaning first few years after they are released), dealers get them
back from their VIP customers & re-sell them at a profit. But we are now almost
at the end of the 488 model cycle & I have been able to get an allocation for a
488 Spider at MSRP without having to kiss *** or pay a premium. That was not
available to me from 2016 until now. This doesn't happen often at Ferrari...but
when it does, you have to take advantage of it.

Here is what my 488 Spider might look like. Sort of like Ronald McDonald's car
when you think about it! But I am a real sucker for their 'Rosso' interior with
deviated stitching and love the 'Giallo' paint they offer. So much better than
Porsche's current 'Racing Yellow' which has too much 'green' tint. And their
two-tone exterior color with a 'Nero' (black) deviating top is seldom (if ever)
offered by any other car manufacturer. I find that a really a cool & innovative
option!"

My next model from Zuffenhausen will be the new Boxster Spyder scheduled to be produced
in the second half of 2019. I have the #2 slot at my dealer in Colorado & hope I'll be able to
spec that in PTS. But we will see. As I just told you, I am quite disappointed with the way
PAG & PCNA is handling PTS. So we will see.

I have my 1973 914 2.0 in 'Ravenna Green' for sale at Rennlist too.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-for-sale.html

For the meantime I will keep my original paint, original interior, 57K original miles 'Crystal Blue' 1970 911E Targa:

I am the third owner & this car has a wonderful provenance:

1) Original Window Sticker. 'Crystal Blue' was a special color in MY1970. Porsche informed us via an article in
Christophorus after the end of MY1970 production that only around 15/16 cars of the total 15K built in that model
year were done in this wonderful solid/uni 'blue' color! So it's quite rare...besides being beautiful. And in my car,
it's still the original factory 'Crystal Blue' paint!

2) Subject of an article (& its cover) of Issue #4 at Gmünd Magazine back in 1980 at a time when only rare models
& race cars made the cover of this prestigious publication, the first dedicated only to Porsches.

First in Class & First in Division Preservation Class at the 2009 PCA Parade Concours d'Elegance in Keystone Colorado.

In 2012 at the Salt Lake City PCA Parade my Targa was selected by a panel of judges that included
Dr. Wolfgang Porsche, Hans Peter Porsche, Oliver Porsche & Detlev von Platen for the prestigious
Honorary 'Judges' Choice' Award, the last trophy presented always as a surprise at Parade's Concours
Banquet on Tuesday night! For my 1979 911E Targa to receive the recognition of the Porsche family in
a field of top competitors in a national concours of at a PCA Parade was the proudest moment in my
history with the brand!

Here is a video taken the morning of the Concours before the competition began:

Needless to say, this is a very special automobile. If I were to part with this unique & exceptionally
well-preserved survivor, it would take close to US$300,000 to do the trick! Mechanically, it's also in
top shape. I just spent $30K plus with Patrick Motorsports in Phoenix to built rebuild the motor! So
it drives as good as it looks!

Finally, a word about Rennlist & my lack of active participation in the past months. I am not enjoying
the banter at Rennlist at the present time like when I first join back in 2009. And I know for sure that
moderators have failed miserably in keeping this forum safe from senseless strife & active trolls. So
I am taking an extended break. Hopefully the forum will get to place that will be welcoming to me &
many of my old Rennlisters friends that sadly also don't post anymore. Regardless, I wish everyone
that I have met through Rennlist my best & want to tell you it has been a privilege knowing you &
assisting some of you in matters related to PTS & 'Porsche Exclusive'. Bonne Chance!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
Old 10-30-2018, 09:18 PM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Thank you Eduardo and us old timers will miss you.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:35 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 276 Posts

damn
sad news :/

hopefully Ed will still be on RL to help us w/ PTS and such
I hope PAG will come down on dealers gouging loyal customers, but won't hold my breath--they are printing money
Old 10-31-2018, 01:36 AM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Finally, a word about Rennlist & my lack of active participation in the past months. I am not enjoying
the banter at Rennlist at the present time like when I first join back in 2009. And I know for sure that
moderators have failed miserably in keeping this forum safe from senseless strife & active trolls. So
I am taking an extended break. Hopefully the forum will get to place that will be welcoming to me &
many of my old Rennlisters friends that sadly also don't post anymore. Regardless, I wish everyone
that I have met through Rennlist my best & want to tell you it has been a privilege knowing you &
assisting some of you in matters related to PTS & 'Porsche Exclusive'. Bonne Chance!
It's been a pleasure reading your posts. Best of luck with your future endeavors!
Old 10-31-2018, 07:09 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 556 Likes on 355 Posts

Thank you, Eduardo.

And please share your thoughts about the 488 Spider when it will be delivered.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:03 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by Z356
Dear Rennlist Friends:
Ed, congrats on your C2S sale. My suspicion is your quick sale had much more to do with the seller and car than RL. Speaking of which, your posts are missed, though I agree with you the dialogue/content here has plummeted, so I understand your extended break. Good luck with your f-car pursuit. I hope you are able to hang on to your ravenna 914; like your crystal targa, it's a beauty.
Old 11-04-2018, 12:27 PM
chachee
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm currently at a V215 and understand it's blocked by PAG for any changes.

Build date is early Dec '18, and the lock date is towards the end of Nov '18.

Has anyone still been able to modify options in this status?
Old 11-04-2018, 10:27 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,192 Likes on 574 Posts

Unlikely. I recall this topic being discussed in other threads on RL. I can't remember how it turned out for that individual but I do recall it was a lot of effort to maybe make a change to the build after it gets to V215. Is it something minor or something major, like a PTS color (which is perhaps why you posted it here)? If it is something minor, probably best not to bother. If it is something major like brakes, seats, transmission, or color, then I'd call your SA first and Porsche North America thereafter to see what your options are, if any.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:22 PM
chachee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsche911GTS'16
Unlikely. I recall this topic being discussed in other threads on RL. I can't remember how it turned out for that individual but I do recall it was a lot of effort to maybe make a change to the build after it gets to V215. Is it something minor or something major, like a PTS color (which is perhaps why you posted it here)? If it is something minor, probably best not to bother. If it is something major like brakes, seats, transmission, or color, then I'd call your SA first and Porsche North America thereafter to see what your options are, if any.
That's what I thought re it being unlikely to change at this point. I did some digging on RL and it's not apparent that anyone has been able to change options at a V215 status.

The options I was thinking of scaling back on were the PCCBs (not a huge fan of satin plat wheels/yellow calipers although have never seen in person) & white instrument gauges/chronometer.

I guess its best to not mess with the build at this point considering it's locking end of the month.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:29 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

When they reopened PTS this summer, PCNA made it clear they wanted everything set and implied no changes would be permitted. I assume this is because people kept making changes until V250 under the old system which messed up planning. That being said, I don’t know anyone who has tried.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:05 AM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,192 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by chachee
That's what I thought re it being unlikely to change at this point. I did some digging on RL and it's not apparent that anyone has been able to change options at a V215 status.

The options I was thinking of scaling back on were the PCCBs (not a huge fan of satin plat wheels/yellow calipers although have never seen in person) & white instrument gauges/chronometer.

I guess its best to not mess with the build at this point considering it's locking end of the month.
Like you, I have satin platinum and PCCBs for my GT3T (light ivory). I think it looks awesome. Go with your initial instinct - I think you will be glad that you did.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:22 AM
chachee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
When they reopened PTS this summer, PCNA made it clear they wanted everything set and implied no changes would be permitted. I assume this is because people kept making changes until V250 under the old system which messed up planning. That being said, I don’t know anyone who has tried.
That makes sense, my SA said the same thing when we submitted the order and he has been very transparent throughout the whole process.

Originally Posted by Porsche911GTS'16
Like you, I have satin platinum and PCCBs for my GT3T (light ivory). I think it looks awesome. Go with your initial instinct - I think you will be glad that you did.
Agreed!! I think it will look amazing in the end and shouldn't over think it. It's voodoo blue on satin platinum w PCCBs.

I keep watching this video which I believe is an accurate depiction of voodoo blue/sat plat/pccbs:

Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS