Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How common is it for dealers to deny Euro Delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 05:37 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default How common is it for dealers to deny Euro Delivery?

I was all excited about my MY16 allocation, went up to the dealer this afternoon to test-sit in seats, and the salesman tells me "the dealership doesn't support euro delivery for GT cars".

This pissed me off since my initial outreach to the dealer in October was for a euro delivery GT3.

Anyone have a dealer that supports euro delivery "enthusiastically" for GT cars? I'm in NJ but don't really care where I buy a car from.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:52 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
I was all excited about my MY16 allocation, went up to the dealer this afternoon to test-sit in seats, and the salesman tells me "the dealership doesn't support euro delivery for GT cars".

This pissed me off since my initial outreach to the dealer in October was for a euro delivery GT3.

Anyone have a dealer that supports euro delivery "enthusiastically" for GT cars? I'm in NJ but don't really care where I buy a car from.
That is because it cost them approx. $3000 which is charged by PAG/PCNA to the dealership, not to the customer. The dealer has to either absorb it (a reduction from the spread between the invoice & msrp) or pass it on to you. In the past, they would also get some sort of additional allocation in another model (e.g. 911 Turbo). But that might not be as important to some dealers since they are not so easy to sell. If they would be allocated another gt3, they would positively love ED, trust me on that. To test their 'intentions', suggest you'll pay for the $3K ED charge on top of the MSRP for the MY2016 gt3 and see if their objection to European Delivery suddenly vanishes!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 05-09-2015, 06:03 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
That is because it cost them approx. $3000 which is charged by PAG/PCNA to the dealership, not to the customer. The dealer has to either absorb it (a reduction from the spread between the invoice & msrp) or pass it on to you. In the past, they would also get some sort of additional allocation in another model (e.g. 911 Turbo). But that might not be as important to some dealers since they are not so easy to sell. If they would be allocated another gt3, they would positively love ED, trust me on that. To test their 'intentions', suggest you'll pay for the $3K ED charge on top of the MSRP for the MY2016 gt3 and see if their objection to European Delivery suddenly vanishes!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Dealer said it was going to cost him $4500. "Great, I'll pay that, throw in the LWB's for free". 😉

I just emailed 5 other dealers (for crying out loud, I live in New Jersey, Porsche dealers are very common here!) and one replied within 8 minutes saying they ENCOURAGE euro delivery on every model, including GT3, and charge MSRP. Of course, getting an allocation from this place will be another matter...
Old 05-09-2015, 06:19 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

They are NOT allowed to deny your request, only PCNA can do that. Deal with another dealer and send a letter to PCNA.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:11 PM
Keith Verges - Dallas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I did not know the dealer had to absorb the additional cost of European delivery. Makes me respect Park Place even more, as they politely and with great helpfulness handled my European delivery
Old 05-09-2015, 07:19 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I do wish PCNA/PAG handled ED the way BMW and MB do. If they did, this wouldn't be as much of a problem.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:54 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
I do wish PCNA/PAG handled ED the way BMW and MB do. If they did, this wouldn't be as much of a problem.
Exactly! BMW discounted my car when I did Euro Delivery and my local dealer seemed happy to take my money for the car!

The General Sales Manager has now emailed me and said their cost is $4,000. Maybe they will keep lowering the price, it was $4,500 when I was standing in the showroom. LOL
Old 05-09-2015, 08:13 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

It isn't even about the discount. I'm fine with MSRP. It is about not disincenting the dealers by charging them for ED. BMW even makes it so if you ED a car, the car doesn't come out of the dealers actual allocation pool. So, it is practically a freebie for the dealer.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:16 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Why am I being denied the European Delivery? - First Topic Post

I suggest you read this old thread on the same subject. Many interesting facts are exposed in its four pages of comments.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...opic-post.html

I would also like someone connected to a US Porsche dealer to clarify or confirm for us if the actual amount PAG/PCNA now charges the dealer for each European Delivery for a client is presently $4000 instead of the previous $3000!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 05-09-2015, 08:49 PM
MACH 86
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

last fall I was told by the dealer in ATL they were going to charge me $2995 for ED
Old 05-09-2015, 09:10 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

When does ED cut off for the winter?....I know that they do not do it at all after a certain date as they would need winter tires. Probably end of October.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:31 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

ED is all year, they put winter tyres on your vehicle for the 2 weeks - your car arrives with summer new summer tyres. Also free GPS if you do not order the PCM Euro one.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:52 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
I suggest you read this old thread on the same subject. Many interesting facts are exposed in its four pages of comments.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...opic-post.html

I would also like someone connected to a US Porsche dealer to clarify or confirm for us if the actual amount PAG/PCNA now charges the dealer for each European Delivery for a client is presently $4000 instead of the previous $3000!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Awesome, thanks for the link. Many of the comments in that previous thread echo my sentiments today: the dealer is being so short sighted with me, particularly after I had already confirmed with the dealer that I wanted this car and to keep my gen 2 spot in line. Not that they will have trouble selling either allocation, they know they will, but not to this customer who has many good buying years still in him! 😊

Euro delivery in my BMW was the best. I was trying to recreate that experience with Porsche.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:42 PM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Just did euro delivery with gt3 last month. Dealer was great. No mention of costs to dealer
They were more concerned about my great experience
Old 05-09-2015, 10:43 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by H82BL8
Just did euro delivery with gt3 last month. Dealer was great. No mention of costs to dealer
They were more concerned about my great experience

Very lucky to have found an awesome dealer!

Quick Reply: How common is it for dealers to deny Euro Delivery?