2016 991 GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015 | 07:57 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by electron mike

Porsche Plano.
LOL--no surprise there!

GM offered $20k UNDER MSRP on my '15, while I got MSRP at another Porsche dealer...oh and I was stupid enough years ago to buy two from them--never again! Autonation's finest Porsche dealer

Sale Mgr told me they got $75k over for their first two RS allocations (after 918 owners)--class acts they are.
Old 05-15-2015 | 08:27 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

that has been my experience at that same dealer, not recently, but in the past.

they have a senior tech their named Cliff Blackshear that is a scientist and artist with his work. Huge fan. Other than that, no good experiences there.

geez, in reading this thread, my 15 gt3 at sticker to my specs with LWB is looking better and better...
Old 05-15-2015 | 11:10 PM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
LOL--no surprise there!

GM offered $20k UNDER MSRP on my '15, while I got MSRP at another Porsche dealer...oh and I was stupid enough years ago to buy two from them--never again! Autonation's finest Porsche dealer

Sale Mgr told me they got $75k over for their first two RS allocations (after 918 owners)--class acts they are.
Geez, it sounds like they are habitual offenders. $75k over for an RS is nuts!

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
that has been my experience at that same dealer, not recently, but in the past.

they have a senior tech their named Cliff Blackshear that is a scientist and artist with his work. Huge fan. Other than that, no good experiences there.

geez, in reading this thread, my 15 gt3 at sticker to my specs with LWB is looking better and better...
A 15 gt3 at sticker is very nice, I tried to buy 7 2015 GT3s for sticker and came up empty! How was your experience with Park Place?
Old 05-16-2015 | 08:35 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Geez, it sounds like they are habitual offenders. $75k over for an RS is nuts!

A 15 gt3 at sticker is very nice, I tried to buy 7 2015 GT3s for sticker and came up empty! How was your experience with Park Place?
with my 11 GT3 and 15 GT3s, great... haven't been able to get an RS though, which is annoying and surprising to me... although I have been told don't worry, there will be another crop of RS cars, im at the top of the list, etc... we shall see.
Old 05-16-2015 | 10:55 AM
FORENN
Banned

Yeah, I agree I'm being a wuss with them.
Hard to disagree with you here. I had a similar problem with Brumos Porsche years ago and I never let the dealership and PCNA hear the end of it.
Old 05-16-2015 | 07:37 PM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
with my 11 GT3 and 15 GT3s, great... haven't been able to get an RS though, which is annoying and surprising to me... although I have been told don't worry, there will be another crop of RS cars, im at the top of the list, etc... we shall see.
That is good to hear, they confirmed yesterday that they don't sell over MSRP which is encouraging. They also told me don't worry on the GT3 that they can get me one which is good news.

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Hard to disagree with you here. I had a similar problem with Brumos Porsche years ago and I never let the dealership and PCNA hear the end of it.
Nice, go get em!
Old 05-16-2015 | 08:58 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

That is good to hear, they confirmed yesterday that they don't sell over MSRP which is encouraging.
:
and I assume you believe them...wow.

Well I'm sure they will take 'good care' of you

BTW, PP stands for Pure Profit, just FYI.
Old 05-17-2015 | 04:53 AM
LKS
Intermediate

Let me know next time you're down. Once I realized didn't need/want RS, was happy to hear '16 GT3 and jumped on it.
My sentiments exactly! I originally wanted a GT3 but unfortunately I did not get allocated one. Was on the list for the RS and again was not sure I'd get one. I must say I was not sure about the RS and I really wanted the GT3. When I was told I could flip my RS deposit to a MY2016 GT3 I didn't hesitate. For me the all round ability of the GT3 and the fact that you can use it as a DD (not that I would) is a winner. I do track my cars but there is no track here where I live near Durban on South Africa's East Coast. I have to go up to Johannesburg to Kyalami which is a 5 to 6 hour drive. Bottom line is I'm absolutely thrilled to have secured a GT3. I've driven many Porsche's including the 991 GT3 but never owned one.
Old 05-17-2015 | 07:47 AM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

and I assume you believe them...wow.

Well I'm sure they will take 'good care' of you

BTW, PP stands for Pure Profit, just FYI.
What is your experience with them?
Old 05-17-2015 | 08:28 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

But, even at MSRP they will make a good profit. At this point I will let PCNA know and at least it won't be my money that adds to their wallet.

I would rather wait and do business with another dealer.
This is basically where I ended up with Paul Miller yesterday. They wanted to charge me over MSRP and I didn't want to pay that, so no deal. I have a few other dealers clamoring for my business at MRSP. We'll see if their stories hold if and when they secure an allocation.
Old 05-17-2015 | 03:25 PM
LKS
Intermediate

BOOM--exactly
Originally Posted by DrJupeman
This is basically where I ended up with Paul Miller yesterday. They wanted to charge me over MSRP and I didn't want to pay that, so no deal. I have a few other dealers clamoring for my business at MRSP. We'll see if their stories hold if and when they secure an allocation.
I am shocked that Porsche dealers in the U.S. are allowed to sell new cars at a premium. Now I know why you guys often refer to them as "stealers"!
Old 05-17-2015 | 07:34 PM
doba_s
Rennlist Member

I placed an order today for MY16. On the sales order it say 2016 model.
Old 05-17-2015 | 10:50 PM
NewtownGT3
Racer

Originally Posted by doba_s
I placed an order today for MY16. On the sales order it say 2016 model.
Congrats!! I've still got hopes that my local dealer will get an allocation. At least I hope they get one & fill my demand order that is. I maybe naive that they are reputable....who knows that they already have a build & will give it to the highest bidder.
Old 05-18-2015 | 08:23 AM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Well, the good news is a dealer I had a refundable deposit with for a possible 2016 GT3 got an allocation for me. The bad news is they only got one and changed the price to $35k over MSRP.

I have MSRP on the signed contract in writing, so I could press the issue but I doubt it's worth the aggrevation. I'll likely just wait for an honorable dealership to get one.
Does anybody have an email address for PCNA so I can share my issue with them? I can't find it on the web.

Eidt.. is this it?customer.commitment@porsche.us
Old 05-19-2015 | 08:46 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Does anybody have an email address for PCNA so I can share my issue with them? I can't find it on the web.

Eidt.. is this it?customer.commitment@porsche.us
Read what Eduardo wrote in below thread and I believe she oversees subcontracted customer commitment services as well.

Get in contact with Kristen Weaver with PCNA to file a complaint.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...er-to-ceo.html

Quick Reply: 2016 991 GT3?