Sponsored by:

New 3 Finally Arrives - Enclosed Transport Damage

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 06:55 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 9972RS
How much was repair estimate?
The quote from the top tier repair shop is $4126. That included a new bumper because the motorcycle that hit and rubbed the bumper (over who knows how many miles) actually removed a good amount of the ABS.

Originally Posted by bronson7
That sucks!!! Do you have a plan "B"?
I spoke to one attorney who said getting attorney's fees could be difficult/impossible. The attorney's fees to chase the extra $1500 could easily equal or exceed the $1500 your chasing. Considered filing a small claims lawsuit without an attorney but hard to justify the time over $1500. If they'll actually pay the repair bill, I will likely just move on.

Originally Posted by Ducati1199
I'm not saying this is necessarily my opinion but just looking at from an un-emotional view point they did transport your car but it was damaged. Seek compensation for the repair and out of pocket expenses but why should they refund the transportation cost?
I do understand your point. However, it was just an offer and I wasn't asking for anything for diminished value, time off work, time to take the car in, etc. Refunding the transport fee is much less than the legal risk. In my opinion, there was some negligence here. The driver stated "we don't even transport motorcycles" and seemed aggravated that one was put on his truck.

Quick Reply: New 3 Finally Arrives - Enclosed Transport Damage