Sponsored by:

Your neighborhood.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 02:17 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by audipwr1
My favorite town - will be eating at cottonwood on Friday and cannot wait per usual
Great restaurant. I know the owners. I've lived up here for 20 years now. I just wish we had snow. It's supposed to be near 70 on Friday!
Old 03-26-2015, 02:23 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Great restaurant. I know the owners. I've lived up here for 20 years now. I just wish we had snow. It's supposed to be near 70 on Friday!
Yeah two co workers bought at Martis this year - we decided not to and frankly don't regret it given the disaster winter - I've skied 3 hours this year on my pass - hopefully this isn't permanent but the last 3 seasons don't lie
Old 03-26-2015, 02:26 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Yeah two co workers bought at Martis this year - we decided not to and frankly don't regret it given the disaster winter - I've skied 3 hours this year on my pass - hopefully this isn't permanent but the last 3 seasons don't lie
I'm an Architect and do a lot of work there. Hopefully next year will break the cycle.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:48 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx

You want snow, move to Canada with us.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:11 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Yea, squaw season pass was a waste this year.. But there were a few good ski weekends no?

Truckee is one of my favorite places... It's magical how perfect and truly old that place looks... Good driving roads around there also
Old 03-27-2015, 12:44 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Yea, squaw season pass was a waste this year.. But there were a few good ski weekends no? Truckee is one of my favorite places... It's magical how perfect and truly old that place looks... Good driving roads around there also
Tell me about it! Family of four, two years in a row with maybe 5 days of skiing.

Yes, I love it up here. Route 89N of Truckee is so fun. That is my daily commute.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:47 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bronson7
You want snow, move to Canada with us.
Well, when we have normal years, we get tons - 400-600 inches annually. The 2010/2011 winter we got over 800 inches. We skied on the 4th of July that weekend, top to bottom on a 10 foot base. That was our last good winter. 4 years of drought is not good. A few more and I may be up your way.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:36 AM
87turbo87
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Follow up....

Amazing responses...clearly hit a nerve here!

My most recent "engagement" was with a bitchy Mom that commented "you really beat to your own drum don't you" followed up with "all my 12 year old sons friends love you!"

Gee...thanks.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:20 PM
16'991GT3
Pro

Cool

Not my neighborhood, but when I was in high school, i didn't have a car like all the cool kids but my brother was going to college and couldn't take his car so i was able to drive that, unfortunately he had to commute from home second semester and I couldn't go back to the bus life so had to take whatever car was available, cycled through the X5, acura RL, and infinity QX56 my first year, second year some of the cars were due for a trade so ended up bringing my dads gl 450, moms a6 to school at certain points, everyone at school thought my family was in the mafia good thing I was off to college after two years because we ended up trading the a6 for an a8, gl450 for a gl550, x5 for a GTR, acquired two nissan altimas, and now waiting for an incoming GT3
Old 01-14-2016, 11:00 PM
MS7044
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

My neighbors got used to the continued car rotation but it took a while as I'm only home maybe one week in six. What got them when was when a group of them asked me why I have so many security and surveillance measures in place and I responded that I want to encourage potential threats to head to their homes. A steady stream of me unloading firepower after range time also seems to unsettle them but they shouldn't be looking to closely in my garage anyway.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:02 AM
wolfmobil
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
I live in apartment (costs 5X per sq foot than ANY of your homes, but im sure its 1/5th the size) in Manhattan, my neighbors don't even know i own a car! Its a beautiful thing
Hey man I am also in Manhattan. PM me for a meet.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:23 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't have neighbor problem for last 4 yr's. We now have 10 neighbors in about 600 acres of land. Tucked in good in the hill side. When they do see me it usually from the sound of SW exhaust and they freeze like a deer stirring right at me. They all very nice though except the dentist.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:37 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

My neighborhood is full of mostly older couples. The previous nicest car on the street was our LS 460, so that should tell you something. And some people were surprised with that! When my GT3 rocks up in about a month, things should get interesting. I have never even seen a 911 in this town, let alone a GT3. It's a mountain town, and people drive Subarus almost exclusively. But for fun driving in nice weather, it is a paradise in just about any direction. Pikes Peak is a little over 2 hours away. The car may only see action 4 or 5 months each year, but it will be quality time every time out.

There goes my golf game.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:09 AM
'Trust'
Rennlist Member

Safe to say yes. Squeezing the TTG, GT3, and Huracan into a garage that shouldn't qualify for a 3 car, the FGT in the single on the other end of the carriage way, and the Range Rover in the other single attached to the house comes off a slightly strange from a random 30yr old nobody has really met in 2 years. I typically keep to myself, but nothing other than the random odd looks.

I rotated through cars pretty excessively until the last year, my rule now is rotate or add 1 every 6 months minimum, no less than that. So, I'm coming off, less crazy?
Old 01-15-2016, 12:13 PM
GTeaTree
Track Day

Luckily I'm a little out in the country. A few neighbors across the street can see my property right now, no idea what they think of the cars, and the other three sides are too far away and wooded to see anything. Come spring, a nice tree-wall will be up to cover the street. The only neighbor that actually knows some of the cars in the garages has ~6 classics of his own (two with delivery miles ), along with countless tractors/work trucks/lawn mowers/etc, so he's always ready to lend a hand with any help needed for cars or landscaping.

Prior to that I was in a house very far off the street and wooded all around, except the street was a major road for the area. Twice I had to contact local "car spotters" to take down the picture of me pulling into my driveway showing the address # on the mailbox and titling the picture what road it was on

Quick Reply: Your neighborhood.....