Sponsored by:

Your neighborhood.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 03:28 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

I heard the other day that our street is called Porsche Street

Me and my wife have one Porsche each, One BMW each and one Harley each.
The newest and nearest neighbours have two Priuses... Really don't like those cars. It is kind of scary when they start to move without any sound...

No real problem besides people that kindly ask if I would like to wash their car as well and that one of the Porsches and one of the BMW's been keyed
Old 03-20-2015, 04:41 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I set my neighbors car alarm off when I left for work this morning.. At 6AM.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:50 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

My neighbors do not know what to think. I live in an older section of my town where there are a lot of tear downs so you have a mix of wealth. I think they are scared of me. They are always asking what I do for a living. There is a State Trooper that lives 3 houses down from me and when I had the house built 10 years ago I always felt I has being interrogated when we spoke. Being from Jersey is not easy some times. The guys loves me now and always admires how nice my lawn looks because I am very particular about things like that.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:52 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

So nice lawn is the way to stay under the Fuzz radar, got it.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:03 PM
GT176
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think my neighbors give a hoot.
I just try to stay low key and drive slowly in the hood so we don't have neighbor problems.

Now that I think of it, my own family could care less of the nice cars we have in the garage.
That's what happens when there is only male in the house.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:06 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
So nice lawn is the way to stay under the Fuzz radar, got it.
They probably figure any one spending this much time on their lawn has no time to get in trouble - They just do not understand the key is fertilizing/chemicals
Old 03-20-2015, 05:09 PM
Afm
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
My neighbors do not know what to think. I live in an older section of my town where there are a lot of tear downs so you have a mix of wealth. I think they are scared of me. They are always asking what I do for a living. There is a State Trooper that lives 3 houses down from me and when I had the house built 10 years ago I always felt I has being interrogated when we spoke. Being from Jersey is not easy some times. The guys loves me now and always admires how nice my lawn looks because I am very particular about things like that.
Lol, Jimmy Soprano!

My neighbors think I'm a bit over the top ..... I think of myself as clean and meticulous (they say my garage is nicer (cleaner) than their house) and when I wash the driveway they just shake their head. I think to myself, what dago doesn't do that, along with watching lawn being watered?
However, last Saturday the my neighbor saw me getting into my latest car (GT-3)...chewed the fat for a moment....then asked if I had enough money to retire ----WTF??? I simply replied, can you ever have enough money?
Old 03-20-2015, 05:16 PM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 95 Posts

A few years ago, a neighbor asked me: "Do you work for Porsche?"
Old 03-20-2015, 05:25 PM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
They probably figure any one spending this much time on their lawn has no time to get in trouble - They just do not understand the key is fertilizing/chemicals
Scotts Bonus S Weed and Feed 4 times a year
Old 03-20-2015, 05:30 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 350 Likes on 212 Posts

They've asked me if the car is expensive. I told them is not more expensive than your average American car. They didn't buy it and looked very disappointed...they were expecting a figure. But they've never asked me anything again after,which is fine by me.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:33 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where I live it's pretty affluent. The sort of place were people pay $600 to have a string of Xmas lights put up for a few weeks and then taken down again after Xmas. There's seven houses in my little road and everyone has at least one BMW, Porsche, Mercedes or Maserati in their garage. So a Gt3 and X5 doesn't stand out to much. The Ducati, BMW and GSXR do get some attention though as it's not the sort of thing 40 something year olds should be doing around here. Especially when I load the track bike up in the truck or fire the big twin up early Sunday am and set off an alarm or two!!
Old 03-20-2015, 05:50 PM
B-SMOOTH
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Money2536
You should see the looks I get when I'm talking to the camera. They all think I'm insane. The UPS guy thought I painted my C2S blue.
LOL
Old 03-20-2015, 07:39 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 403 Likes on 210 Posts

I've had a crazy neighbor call the police on me stating that my "yellow lamborghini" is too loud and I should be fined or have the car checked out. This is when I had a stock yellow 458. The cops came to my door and asked me if I had a yellow Lambo. I said nope. That was it.

I've also had others ask me if I'm "loaded." I used to say, I work hard for my money and I choose to spend it on different things than others. I enjoy cars. This didn't work, so now when people ask if I'm loaded, I respond "Yup." And I never hear about it again.

Like people above said, those who know you understand and enjoy hanging out with you. If my 6 cars don't scare people away, my 6 kids do.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:38 PM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kyrocks
... If my 6 cars don't scare people away, my 6 kids do.
LOL
Old 03-20-2015, 09:17 PM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

It is quite funny in my neighbourhood. It is upscale but not "car" people.
Was talking to a guy about a mutual friend. He has a porsche c4s.
I happen to say " I saw him in his c4"
They looked at me like I had horns. They did not know what c4 was....

Oh,.. My own mother asked if I was dealing drugs! Lol

Quick Reply: Your neighborhood.....