Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

I would trade the 458 for the Speciale and keep the Turbo as the DD
Old 03-17-2015, 06:11 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd do the Speciale... In fact, I DID the Speciale. It will arrive next week. And it will be stablemates with my GT3, which also arrives next week. I think the Speciale and GT3 will be the perfect pair, at least for what I like and prioritize.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:13 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by uhn2000
Funny I went through the situation.. wife wants a new house LOL!
The only reason I was allowed to do what I'm doing with the Speciale and GT3 is because we have a new house being built at the moment. Were it not for the house, wifey would have vetoed, 100% certain of it.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:30 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nizer
the other factor arguing for Speciale is that it's the last naturally aspirated of its kind. as such, i suspect it might hold value better than the Scud's did.
My thought exactly. It was part of the motivation for me to go with the Speciale. I'm not a fan of turbos and the Speciale could be the last mid-engine Ferrari without a turbo -- at least for the foreseeable future.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:38 PM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say wait for some reviews on the RS, then decide.. We still don't know what this thing is capable off.. Atleast handling wise..
Old 03-17-2015, 06:38 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
the other factor arguing for Speciale is that it's the last naturally aspirated of its kind. as such, i suspect it might hold value better than the Scud's did.
And so too the RS...there are no guarantees the GT cars won't turbo next interation, despite comments from Porsche managers shared on this forum.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:40 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by karimgt3
I say wait for some reviews on the RS, then decide.. We still don't know what this thing is capable off.. Atleast handling wise..
RS vs Speciale showdown. The GT3 was close, with better handling but less power. The RS may close that gap....
Old 03-17-2015, 06:48 PM
karimgt3
Pro

Originally Posted by rockitman
RS vs Speciale showdown. The GT3 was close, with better handling but less power. The RS may close that gap....
+1
Old 03-17-2015, 06:50 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

And so too the RS...there are no guarantees the GT cars won't turbo next interation, despite comments from Porsche managers shared on this forum.
GT3... GT3 RS... Speciale... Could be the last of the great naturally aspirated cars, for sure. The entire trend is toward turbo charging, and I see nothing happening that might change this trend.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:51 PM
karimgt3
Pro

One thing I was thinking about.. Now that the 488 is out, I hope car reviewers won't start compairing the RS to the 488.. Just like they did with gt3 vs speciale.. Totally unfair comparo imo! That would **** me off!
Old 03-17-2015, 06:59 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 161 Posts

Human nature to want to find something cheaper and better or as good. If you don't have a
long relationship with the Ferrari dealer you have to ask why the allocations are easy to come by.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:02 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by karimgt3
One thing I was thinking about.. Now that the 488 is out, I hope car reviewers won't start compairing the RS to the 488.. Just like they did with gt3 vs speciale.. Totally unfair comparo imo! That would **** me off!
So true. The GT3 should be compared to the Italia. And the RS should be compared to the Speciale. Otherwise it just ain't apples to apples. Why is it that we understand that, and editors/journalists usually don't. I think it all comes down to what vehicles they have available at the time they do their comparisons...
Old 03-17-2015, 07:33 PM
karimgt3
Pro

Originally Posted by eilig
So true. The GT3 should be compared to the Italia. And the RS should be compared to the Speciale. Otherwise it just ain't apples to apples. Why is it that we understand that, and editors/journalists usually don't. I think it all comes down to what vehicles they have available at the time they do their comparisons...
True this can be one of the reasons.. But I also think that when it comes to ferraris, the company has a very big influence on reviewers... Anyone remember the Evo magazine rumour where ferrari put pressure on Evo to not publish the speciale vs gt3 times because they were close?

I'm telling u, this time its the RS vs 488, and we won't be happy!
Old 03-17-2015, 07:38 PM
RCorsa
Pro

Received 440 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
Human nature to want to find something cheaper and better or as good. If you don't have a
long relationship with the Ferrari dealer you have to ask why the allocations are easy to come by.
Im not sure where you are but on the west coast Speciale allocations are anything but easy in the US. You can see loads of people looking for builds but all of them are taken and although they are available used with low milage, they are all over MSRP. I have a good relationship but certainly not as long as many folks as I moved 6 years ago and my old dealer can't sell me a new car as I have a dealer within 100 miles. That said, I did buy a brand new 14 Italia about 11 months ago from my new dealer. Its my 3 F car in 9 years.

I am actually friends with a guy who had a build allocation for a speciale and he told me last week he was probably going to give it up for the 488. He never tracks his Italia but drives the hell out of it (28,000 miles in 18 months) so I think the 488 is more up his alley. I suspect its his allocation. For me that would be my TTS. Ive had it 3 months and 2,000 miles.

Ultimately, I think I'l get whichever comes up first. I would hate to turn down a Speciale and then find out that my RS allocation didn't come through or got delayed a year? Same holds true with the RS. If that build goes in first, I'l pull the trigger on that. Either way I suspect I'll sell the 458 after the summer. The TTS is just too perfect a DD..
Old 03-17-2015, 08:22 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 973 Posts

Maybe but we don't know. I suspect if anything they add electric motors but AP made it sound like NA would still be around for a while in GT cars.

Ferrari we know.

Quick Reply: RS or Speciale?