Sponsored by:

Sharkwerks RS tips

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 05:31 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DMoore
The solution is obvious. Slow down. You (and your G/F) have been driving that car MUCH too fast. An extra couple of seconds on your AX times should do the trick nicely! DMoore '15 GT3 '13 970 GTS
Hahaha!
Old 03-16-2015, 06:04 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

After talking to Alex it sounds like I may need to move the tips down further. I placed them where the oem tips were.

I should be getting the car back today and if so I will post a photo of where the tips are now and where they go after I lower them. This will hopefully help out anyone else with the tips.

The shop was able to transfer the shroud over so it looks like it's not a problem for now , but I definitely want to get some more space in there to prevent it from getting worse.

Thanks Alex!
Old 03-16-2015, 06:08 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by bigkraig
After talking to Alex it sounds like I may need to move the tips down further. I placed them where the oem tips were.

I should be getting the car back today and if so I will post a photo of where the tips are now and where they go after I lower them. This will hopefully help out anyone else with the tips.

The shop was able to transfer the shroud over so it looks like it's not a problem for now , but I definitely want to get some more space in there to prevent it from getting worse.

Thanks Alex!
Aye sorry for the hassle Kraig;( Let me know what the shroud costs you so we can re-imburse that too. Thanks for posting that... We've had a good few local guys test out the 100 mm ones on the race track the last few months and with enough space they've been all good. I know that we include a write up in the bypass instructions about sufficient space however I think we will need to make this a) more clear on the web site and b) have some sort of paper/instructions with the tips from now on to make sure.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:11 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 360 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkster
Aye sorry for the hassle Kraig;( Let me know what the shroud costs you so we can re-imburse that too
Class act!
Old 03-16-2015, 09:11 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 102 Posts

Aye sorry for the hassle Kraig;( Let me know what the shroud costs you so we can re-imburse that too. Thanks for posting that... We've had a good few local guys test out the 100 mm ones on the race track the last few months and with enough space they've been all good. I know that we include a write up in the bypass instructions about sufficient space however I think we will need to make this a) more clear on the web site and b) have some sort of paper/instructions with the tips from now on to make sure.
You guys rock. That's the reason I have bought all my aftermarket porsche mods from you!
Old 03-16-2015, 09:24 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Dan - I also purchased your 100 mm tips for my GT3. I have them set 1 inch down from the top of the heat deflector. Have no problems but that plate heats up pretty good but I think it can take it. I am going to see if I have any more play to set it lower- as a precaution. If you find any more info just keep us all posted. I will also see how low you can set it and leave it out.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:31 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Myself and another RL member just ordered today...SW backs their products. Hat's off Alex and Dan.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:36 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

^They look great. This weekend I was swapping rims with another Rennlister with a 991 GT3 and they had them both on the jack. He could not believe how tiny his tips looked compared to the SW and he is sold. - must be a ***** envy thing
Old 03-16-2015, 10:53 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very professional touch by the SW boys. Glad I purchased my bypass from them.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:57 PM
NSD991
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
Myself and another RL member just ordered today...SW backs their products. Hat's off Alex and Dan.
This is why I ordered from SW today! Great service
Old 03-16-2015, 11:01 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Aye sorry for the hassle Kraig;( Let me know what the shroud costs you so we can re-imburse that too.
You know how to do business. Why in the world would I look elsewhere when you respond this way? You are awesome.
Slightly OT but do you know if the current bypass will work for the 991 RS, with the slightly bigger displacement or would I need to buy another one that you will eventually make?
Old 03-17-2015, 02:00 AM
Sarum87
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the bypass and 100m tips. No problems whatsoever. Great product.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:16 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Way to go Sharkwerks for going above and beyond! Glad to be a customer of yours myself! My exhaust got installed today, and I will pick it up tomorrow hopefully.

You can really judge a company by how it handles problems. Porsche tried hard to make things right after the stop sale for us GT3 customers IMO. I now hear there's a LaFerrari worldwide recall due to fire risk, requiring changes to the fuel tank. Will be interesting to see how this goes down.

http://www.autoblog.nl/nieuws/alle-l...389#post-75389
Old 03-17-2015, 02:22 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No business is impervious to the occasional error, defect or mistake. How that business goes about taking responsibility, giving good customer support/service and in the end making things right is the hallmark of a good company. Over the many many years that I've been a Porsche enthusiast, I've seen many companies have complaints. Some have come and gone into the abyss, others remain well known companies that most of of are still familiar with. But over the years, the one company that I've always seen constantly get the highest of marks is Sharkwerks. They remain enthusiastic and willing to help in forums even with non-customers. I've even heard many people say they spent up to an hour on the phone with them about technical advise without even buying anything or being one of their current customers. They've been helpful to so many people and everyone seems to be happy with their products and services. When the occasional oddball negative thing happens like this, Sharkwerks always comes through. We're extremely lucky to have Alex, Dan and all of the Sharkwerks crew in the Porsche Community. I mean, what if rather than Porsche's he had gotten into Muscle cars, or Ferrari's? Alex and all the Sharky's, thanks for being such an upstanding company.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:08 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 538 Posts

Well stated.

Quick Reply: Sharkwerks RS tips