Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The modegrau / Fashion grey thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 12:14 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow, that's a really cool car! The man from Chile colour was also great and similar to fashion grey in many respects. I hope you find a product that achieves the effect you're looking for. I think it would go well with the terracotta interior. That would be a very nice combo. Hopefully the shop that did the work in the link is able to help you if you contact them.
And thanks for the kind words. I'm glad this thread could be of some interest and possible use to you!
Old 05-12-2016, 05:04 PM
AMGSiR
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RUF Turbo R Limited #1 in Fashion Grey

Great colour!
Old 05-21-2016, 09:51 PM
<3mph
Drifting

The car I've been waiting to see is finally here: the 991 GT3 RS in fashion grey!!!

And as it turns out, apparently there may be at least two of them.

One belongs to a certain Caraba Collection in Saudi, I believe.

The second one is in Holland (I guess one of my countrymen likes the colour too)!

In somewhat related news, it looks like a fashion grey (or at least tagged as this colour) GT3 has also been spotted in Holland (same photographer as above photos). The shop it's parked in front of is an importer of cars from other countries. If this is a PTS fashion grey GT3, it is the third one globally I have come across (apart from the one in the US and mine in Canada) that does not appear to be part of the extra 10 (or so) cars. Notice it does not have black wheels or black LEDs.

And in related news, I am wondering if the US car has sold through Sloan Cars. They recently listed this one as sold.

It has the silver PDLS lights (and I believe sofa seats), just like the US one (reportedly Wisconsin area) we've seen on this thread earlier. (Here is the photo of that one again. Is this the same car??? Can anyone verify?)

Finally, just for anyone who is interested in comparing fashion grey and nardo grey, here are a few more of the Dutch RS.

And a few more of a fashion grey M3 (formerly biglare's), compared to a couple nardo Bimmers. (FG is on the left, middle, and above, respectively)

(Sorry to lump all this together in one mammoth post.)
Old 05-22-2016, 05:32 AM
biglare
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lessthan3mph
The car I've been waiting to see is finally here: the 991 GT3 RS in fashion grey!!! And as it turns out, apparently there may be at least two of them. One belongs to a certain Caraba Collection in Saudi, I believe. The second one is in Holland (I guess one of my countrymen likes the colour too)! In somewhat related news, it looks like a fashion grey (or at least tagged as this colour) GT3 has also been spotted in Holland (same photographer as above photos). The shop it's parked in front of is an importer of cars from other countries. If this is a PTS fashion grey GT3, it is the third one globally I have come across (apart from the one in the US and mine in Canada) that does not appear to be part of the extra 10 (or so) cars. Notice it does not have black wheels or black LEDs. And in related news, I am wondering if the US car has sold through Sloan Cars. They recently listed this one as sold. It has the silver PDLS lights (and I believe sofa seats), just like the US one (reportedly Wisconsin area) we've seen on this thread earlier. (Here is the photo of that one again. Is this the same car??? Can anyone verify?) Finally, just for anyone who is interested in comparing fashion grey and nardo grey, here are a few more of the Dutch RS. And a few more of a fashion grey M3 (formerly biglare's), compared to a couple nardo Bimmers. (FG is on the left, middle, and above, respectively) (Sorry to lump all this together in one mammoth post.)
Love the Fashion Grey pics! Thanks for posting!
Old 05-22-2016, 08:49 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The RS in Fashion Grey is simply outstanding. Great investigative work Daniel.
Old 05-22-2016, 11:01 AM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great pics!!!
I like Nardo better, but Fashion sure looks great on the RS with the black contrast.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:46 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Glad these photos are of some interest!

And in case anyone missed Eduardo's recent post, Nardo grey is actually also currently approved for PTS for the 911, although I suspect the window of opportunity for any 991.1 models to be painted this colour will likely have passed. But we may well see a PTS Nardo grey 991.2 at some point in the near future (assuming the reason it now appears on the list is because someone has requested this for their build)! I'm sure it will be just stunning! Brownie points for the first person to post photos on RL!!

Originally Posted by Z356
I have an even more updated list than Feb 12, 2016 but my copy
doesn't have an exact date. But it has more colors approved than
the Feb 2016 list...so I know it's newer! For example, in it 'Nardo
Grey', the Audi color I chose for my new '16 RS7 (but referred by
Audi as 'Nardo Gray'
), has been finally approved for PTS at Porsche!

Old 05-22-2016, 03:19 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

Name:  image9.jpeg
Views: 4322
Size:  695.7 KB

Does it count if its not a Porsche?
Old 05-22-2016, 09:11 PM
<3mph
Drifting

^Looks wicked! What colour is it exactly? Is it street legal, or track only?
Old 05-22-2016, 10:30 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

Thanks.The color has a more pedestrian name although it is close to "Fashion Gray" in hue. It's called "Cement Gray". It's actually a Honda color. I guess when you spend Porsche $ it's "fashion". When it's Honda $it's " cement."

THe car is a Boss 302 Trans Am TA3 car. Not street legal. Wanted it a color we would likely not see another Boss in. I use it to chase down GT3 s of all colors.

Last edited by Waxer; 05-23-2016 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:27 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Some interesting claims here. According to this Instagram post, the colour on this RS is neither Fashion grey nor Sport Classic grey. Poster says it's a new, as yet unnamed, colour. I can't imagine it would be PTS and have no name. I suppose it could be aftermarket paint??? Does anyone have more info? Anyone in the Stuttgart area know this person/car.

Anyway, here's the (very nice looking) car.

Old 06-04-2016, 02:03 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 63 Posts

Some interesting claims here. According to this Instagram post, the colour on this RS is neither Fashion grey nor Sport Classic grey. Poster says it's a new, as yet unnamed, colour. I can't imagine it would be PTS and have no name. I suppose it could be aftermarket paint??? Does anyone have more info? Anyone in the Stuttgart area know this person/car.

Anyway, here's the (very nice looking) car.
FG and Sport Classic Grey are so close together already. Wonder why Porsche felt compelled to make a third grey that's as tough to tell apart as those two.

Need Eduardo to come and do some debunking.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:23 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,058 Likes on 578 Posts

Could just be the weird grey white that audi puts on R8
Old 06-04-2016, 08:46 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Good question Ferrarismo. I don't know why they would have developed a new grey. I tend to want to believe the information posted because the instagram account belongs to a highly informed and connected gentleman who knows more than a thing or two about Porsche (as does his wife). Interestingly, he also claims this new colour may appear on a new Porsche (anyone know more about this?). Maybe the car belongs to a well-heeled individual who has been able to scoop the first known use of this colour after learning of its future release??? Or maybe the owner just liked the known greys but wanted a one of one and was involved directly in this one's development??? Not sure why there is no name either. I'd love to hear more of the back story.

CJ, because Mr. Z claims it is not a known colour, I am doubtful that it is none other than Audi Suzuka grey (which I have seen, is metallic, and looks a lot lighter to my eye).

Anyone with information, I'd love to find out more. Thanks!!
Old 06-05-2016, 04:26 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Audi's 'Suzuka Gray'...

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Could just be the weird grey white that audi puts on R8
CJ, because Mr. Z claims it is not a known colour, I am doubtful
that it is none other than Audi Suzuka grey (which I have seen,
is metallic, and looks a lot lighter to my eye).

Anyone with information, I'd love to find out more. Thanks!!
I agree. 'Suzuka Gray' looks more like 'off-white' than anything
...well, 'grey'! And it's a metallic as Daniel points out. Here are
Audi's 'Nardo Gray' & 'Suzuka Gray' together in a photo:

Here is photo of a 'Suzuka Gray metallic' R8 GT which I took at Sonoma/
Sears Point a few years ago:

And to add a little confusion to the mix, Audi also has offered on the
TT a color called 'Aviator Gray' which is lighter than 'Nardo' & thus a
bit closer to Porsche's 'Modegrau'!

By the way, for some unknown reason a color intermediate between
black and white is presently officially referred to by Audi as 'Gray' &
by Porsche as 'Grey'. So it's 'Nardo Gray' but 'Fashion Grey'!

I'll add my speculation re: Ferrarisimo's interesting question next.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale

Quick Reply: The modegrau / Fashion grey thread