Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Without any further ado, my custom GT3 build.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 12:53 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by farfromcommonGT3
my family owns a large factory authorized Porsche center in LA

To that end, despite having many 911s, it is THIS car that I finally felt was worthy of sharing.
I'm usually a firm believer of the golden rule. I might be bending the rule a bit here.

You say your family owns a large Porsche center in LA and you post a pic with AutoGallery plates, a dealership that seems to relish in market adjustments and, I have to shrug. Your comment that this GT3 is "worthy to share" infers others are not worthy and just makes me scratch my head at the elitism you're conveying. It strikes me that GT3 owners and 918 owners I've recently met have all come across as being down to earth. And, I'm not going to go into the the suggestion that the 2014s are any less imbued with quality than the 2015s as Mike brought up.

I just have to ask because, nothing wrong with the duck tail, not my cup of tea but, what the heck happened to your air intake? That can't be good.

Dan (is being bad)
Old 02-24-2015, 01:49 AM
gt2urbo
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FYI i know a company developing a wing for a Porsche Dealer in southern Cali, Cough * cough* . That has same duck tail design but saving the intake . Maybe they changed the style XD . I like the intake bump. and wing but to each his own.

At the moment im trying ro get a gt3 cup decklid and wing to be swap able with the stock decklid/wing. So i like alot of wing
Old 02-24-2015, 05:53 AM
CaymenGTS
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's my humble opinion but it would not be a GT3 without the wing. Aside from the aesthetic, it loses some of the true characteristic of a GT3. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, but more as a glorified GTS than a GT3. Now he needs to debadge it. :P
Old 02-24-2015, 07:35 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm
I'm usually a firm believer of the golden rule. I might be bending the rule a bit here. You say your family owns a large Porsche center in LA and you post a pic with AutoGallery plates, a dealership that seems to relish in market adjustments and, I have to shrug. Your comment that this GT3 is "worthy to share" infers others are not worthy and just makes me scratch my head at the elitism you're conveying. It strikes me that GT3 owners and 918 owners I've recently met have all come across as being down to earth. And, I'm not going to go into the the suggestion that the 2014s are any less imbued with quality than the 2015s as Mike brought up. I just have to ask because, nothing wrong with the duck tail, not my cup of tea but, what the heck happened to your air intake? That can't be good. Dan (is being bad)

Dan you should feel honored after all these years he has finally ready to announce himself to Rennlist.....maybe now he will share all of his inside information with us.....certainly with his family owning such a dealership he will also be getting one of the first West Coast RS's.....

I wonder what his relationship is to Harrison Gray or Tony Schwartz?
Old 02-24-2015, 07:55 AM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 78 Posts

Tough crowd.

Nice job making the car your own.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:11 AM
kk2
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

Funny this is what makes the 991 gt3 owners upset.

Don't worry guys.. you can get back to talking about delivery times, options, and speculation on new models and the "last real gt3" soon.

At least he is using it. How many of your cars will make it to the sale block with less than 10k miles?
Old 02-24-2015, 09:36 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
He hasnt even been back here since posting.
Lol can't imagine why.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:30 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rubber_ducky
Tough crowd.

Nice job making the car your own.
+1
Old 02-24-2015, 01:00 PM
rsierra
Banned

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

I like it, there appears to be an air intake on the lid, right down the center.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:15 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by avi8tir
Is that a GTS?

Definitely a GTS.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:26 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

overly harsh response... especially from dan (who is being bad) LOL... the guy is just saying that he finally feels comfortable sharing his car, not that others aren't worthy. please treat him like an enthusiastic gearhead like the rest of us. I happen to like the mods to his car...

I'm really interested in understanding what was involved in making the switch... straight swap of stock parts or something more?
Old 02-24-2015, 01:35 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by kk2
Funny this is what makes the 991 gt3 owners upset.

Don't worry guys.. you can get back to talking about delivery times, options, and speculation on new models and the "last real gt3" soon.

At least he is using it. How many of your cars will make it to the sale block with less than 10k miles?
I don't get the sense that anyone is upset. The OP shared a car and comments that raise legitimate questions (so far, unanswered) and some are expressing their opinions about the look; a risk one takes when posting on a forum with opinionated folks. Personally, I think the look is fine if that's what one wants, but it wouldn't be my choice, and as I said it does raise questions.

Respectfully, your own comments come across with more sarcasm than most of the others I've read here.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:03 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
overly harsh response... especially from dan (who is being bad) LOL... the guy is just saying that he finally feels comfortable sharing his car, not that others aren't worthy. please treat him like an enthusiastic gearhead like the rest of us. I happen to like the mods to his car...

I'm really interested in understanding what was involved in making the switch... straight swap of stock parts or something more?
Yeah, I regret posting my thoughts. If you don't have anything nice to say...

I hope OP enjoys his car.

Dan (apologizes)
Old 02-24-2015, 03:16 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Dan's alter ego (the one who only speaks up in paranthesis) is about the funniest character on this forum. do you ever let him drive the gt3 Dan?
Old 02-24-2015, 03:26 PM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Definitely unique and I commend on making it your own but I think the 991 Gt3 has the best looking factory wing out there

Quick Reply: Without any further ado, my custom GT3 build.