Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Without any further ado, my custom GT3 build.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 03:38 PM
ilGalante
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rubber_ducky
Tough crowd.

Nice job making the car your own.
+1
Old 02-24-2015, 04:12 PM
1pvr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To the OP, I applaud your efforts. The big wing is the only giveaway on the car being what it is, to Porsche/Car nuts. Stealthy might be good.

Originally Posted by rsierra
I like it, there appears to be an air intake on the lid, right down the center.
Agree.

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Dan's alter ego (the one who only speaks up in paranthesis) is about the funniest character on this forum. do you ever let him drive the gt3 Dan?

Buddy, you're on a roll with the hilarious posts. Keep them coming.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:20 PM
kk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I don't get the sense that anyone is upset. The OP shared a car and comments that raise legitimate questions (so far, unanswered) and some are expressing their opinions about the look; a risk one takes when posting on a forum with opinionated folks. Personally, I think the look is fine if that's what one wants, but it wouldn't be my choice, and as I said it does raise questions.

Respectfully, your own comments come across with more sarcasm than most of the others I've read here.
You are far from who I was referring to. Harsh tone was intended.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:27 PM
Dave GT4
Instructor

Quote from OP:

"...after many hours spent researching the part codes, potential electronic niggles that might present, and figuring out an oem solution to solve the potential Ram Air inlet issue inherent in removing the spoiler, ..."

So this suggests he addressed the Ram air issue when he changed out the stock spoiler.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:08 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

^^Right. And I think we'd be interested to know what that solution was, although I get why the OP may be hesitant to jump in with more comments at this point.

But look, I don't think anyone was being mean spirited. The OP posted pics of his very nice looking car with some individual but, I think it's fair to say, controversial mods. He also made a couple of comments that could use a little more clarification, IMHO. That's all; standard forum fare.....nothing personal.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:20 PM
Dave GT4
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
^^Right. And I think we'd be interested to know what that solution was, although I get why the OP may be hesitant to jump in with more comments at this point.

But look, I don't think anyone was being mean spirited. The OP posted pics of his very nice looking car with some individual but, I think it's fair to say, controversial mods. He also made a couple of comments that could use a little more clarification, IMHO. That's all; standard forum fare.....nothing personal.
I agree....After all you did invent "Guards Red"
Old 02-24-2015, 06:28 PM
Pazzo009
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

This is a forum where people share opinion and ideas. It will not go smoothly all the time. The OP, while I admire his tenacity to be unique, he did something pretty drastic to a iconic car we all love. What did everyone expect? Good for him, it's his car and I hope he enjoys it. However, I'm not fan.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:04 PM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I could have the ducktail for just the street and be able to switch back to the wing for the track without too much involved, that would be stellar...of course only if the ram air was a non issue. The wing is a little much sometimes in driving in LA, but yeah it is iconic for sure. I guess I like them both...is that OK?
Old 02-25-2015, 06:52 AM
amdevo
Instructor

I like it
Old 02-28-2015, 06:50 PM
autobahnA8
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

at least with the duck tail the rear view mirror would be functional! that being said, I enjoy looking at the wing from any angle.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:27 PM
nycjwi
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't think it ever needs to get/feel personal on this forum. Especially, when OP is just showing us the car that he has put together and clearly loves! I think the car looks cool. I love the matte wheels and calipers. I personally thing the wing on my GT3 looks ridiculous (ostentatious), now I have come off of that a bit once I researched how it serves the car but aesthetically, I think the front and rear spoilers are an acquired taste! I love the classic look of the 911 S but of course the performance of the GT3 is off the charts, so that why i got mine!
Old 02-28-2015, 08:15 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

no likey.

Last edited by 911dev; 02-28-2015 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:21 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,092 Likes on 1,009 Posts

I love the wing, but let's be real it's his car and he has to love it which he does more power to him. If he does not track the car the reduced airflow will not be impactful.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:32 PM
tsiegel
1st Gear

Nice car!
Old 02-28-2015, 08:57 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nycjwi
Don't think it ever needs to get/feel personal on this forum. Especially, when OP is just showing us the car that he has put together and clearly loves! I think the car looks cool. I love the matte wheels and calipers. I personally thing the wing on my GT3 looks ridiculous (ostentatious), now I have come off of that a bit once I researched how it serves the car but aesthetically, I think the front and rear spoilers are an acquired taste! I love the classic look of the 911 S but of course the performance of the GT3 is off the charts, so that why i got mine!
I agree. Each to their own. No need the hate.

Quick Reply: Without any further ado, my custom GT3 build.