Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone dislike the GT3 ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014 | 03:17 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by Pazzo009
Once again, I'm sorry if I offended anyone by giving my opinion on a forum. I guess that is not welcome here on RL. I'll reiterate that to those of you that have no desire to ever take your GT3 to the track, that is your prerogative. Enjoy it safely. All I was saying is there is no possible way you can get the full potential out of the design without being on a track. If you do, you're delusional. If you're content with that, that's cool, it's your car and you spent your money on it. Just enjoy it and have fun. Cheers
I thought you made some valid points. But you have to expect some kickback when you ruffle feathers.
Old 12-28-2014 | 03:20 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
That's a sissy car, no offense
No but seriously, you think it's more visceral than a gt3? Have you driven a gt3? I drove my 2011 gt3 for the last two years solely on the street. And I have driven many modern c2s and c4s. Great daily drivers. I assume yours was a daily driver. But no comparison as a fun weekend visceral sportscar.
This feels like it's really becoming quite the pissing contest so I'm out. Sorry to OP for the diversion.

Not a problem Sully [hope you don't mind, had a great friend named Sullivan and called him Sully all the time, has since passed]. I'm enjoying this discussion very much so.
Old 12-28-2014 | 03:21 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

I have done many PCA DE events riding with instructor with everything from my under powered but wonderful 1966 912, to modern turbos at Birmingham and many in between. I don't consider DE the same as "tracking". And the TX hill country roads in my backyard are just as smooth as most tracks I've experienced with the exception of COTA. Again, different strokes for different folks. I'm comfortable exploiting less than 100% of my gt3 :-)
I also totally understand those that choose to track the car. This all started because I reject the notion that it's "stupid" to own a gt3 and not track it.

so you enjoy your car at local speed ordinances or do you break the law ? Going over 90 mph on any public road will get your license taken away plus other punitive criminal measures. Doing DE's is tracking...silly. If you aren't doing a DE, what left is there to do on a track other than race ?
Old 12-28-2014 | 03:24 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by rockitman
so you enjoy your car at local speed ordinances or do you break the law ? Going over 90 mph on any public road will get your license taken away plus other punitive criminal measures. Doing DE's is tracking...silly. If you aren't doing a DE, what left is there to do on a track other than race ?
+1
Old 12-28-2014 | 03:26 PM
STG
Race Director

That's a sissy car, no offense No but seriously, you think it's more visceral than a gt3? Have you driven a gt3? I drove my 2011 gt3 for the last two years solely on the street. And I have driven many modern c2s and c4s. Great daily drivers. I assume yours was a daily driver. But no comparison as a fun weekend visceral sportscar. This feels like it's really becoming quite the pissing contest so I'm out. Sorry to OP for the diversion.
So a C2S 7 Speed Manual is a sissy car??

Really?
Old 12-28-2014 | 03:34 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Okay it's unanimous, none of us DISLIKES their GT3. That's what I thought....lol
Old 12-28-2014 | 03:39 PM
Pazzo009
Pro

Originally Posted by STG991

Really?

It's not, don't listen to that gentlemen. I had mine C2S 7 speed MT on the track and loved every second of it. The sound, the handling, it's overall capabilities. It's a awesome car for having some luxury appointments and being a worthy and overly capable sports car. The GT3 is obviously much more capable but that is why some people prefer a GT3, and some prefer the C2S. Theres nothing negative about either, its a matter of preferences. Enjoy
Old 12-28-2014 | 03:45 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by STG991

Really?
I can't imagine I'm the only one who appreciated the irony in that comment.
Old 12-28-2014 | 03:48 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sportscentury
+2
Old 12-28-2014 | 04:01 PM
gt2urbo
Pro

anyone who has a race license and want to do a lil race with these i would be down... i by no means am nervous to track this car just didn't buy it for that
Old 12-28-2014 | 04:13 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gt2urbo
anyone who has a race license and want to do a lil race with these i would be down... i by no means am nervous to track this car just didn't buy it for that
Same here! When I want to race it, I sign up for another Masters Plus class and go down to Barber Motorsports Park and race their GT3s.
You can make a case that it's a more economical
way to go and you get first class instruction and
a very challenging beautiful track.
I bought mine to be a garage queen and weekend barn burner.
Old 12-28-2014 | 04:29 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Guys there is nothing sissy about the c2s. I was not being serious. Hence the smiley face and the "no, but seriously"...after the sentence.

Bottom line, many special Porsches are driven and enjoyed on the street only. For those that are cool enough and capable enough to race, and have the wallets to put a $150k car on the track, hats off to you. But the rest of us aren't stupid or crazy.

Before getting married and having kids I dabbled in formula v racing with some friends. I know the rush. I have some good friends that are serious racers. For what it's worth they don't go buy new 150k gt3s for their racing. They build something from parts bins or buy cup cars. They drive R8s, McLarens, GT3s, SLS GT on the street.
The beauty of the gt3 is it can do it all.
Sorry for breaking my silence pledge :-)
Old 12-28-2014 | 04:34 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Will I use the car to its maximum performance capabilities?...NO!
As I learn more about it and the things I could do with it! will I get to appreciate ALL that the car has to offer?... ...YES!

Track it or not.... my avatar expresses all my reasons for getting a GT3. I have as much fun with it as my little nephews do...whether it's stationary or not!
Old 12-28-2014 | 04:41 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sportscentury

Yes. So much intentional irony that apparently it was lost on you.... Sorry...
Old 12-28-2014 | 04:43 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gt2urbo
the track issue is funny to me. if your really serious you need a cup not a 991 gt3 street car XD. i will probably very lightly track this car. But by no means did i buy it for the track .
No financing no warranty and cant drive to work.

Quick Reply: Anyone dislike the GT3 ?