Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks man. Looks great!
Old 06-04-2015, 01:32 AM
Keith Verges - Dallas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the dual Stop lamps and particularly fond of the only visible tool being a mallet, body color match the supports and add enough splitter and dive planes to avoid aero push and perfecto!
Old 06-04-2015, 07:16 AM
hzoenvy33
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That wing is aerodynamically nonsense.

The rear window of the 911 with a slope of roughly 7 degrees requires a twisted rear wing like on the RSR. This wing ist just like the Cup wings not very efficient and will hurt you more than it helps.

Get the RS wing or leave the regular.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:14 AM
CARFANATICA
Intermediate

I'll post one more time after Road ATL and Barber which r scheduled in next 4 weeks to give you my operationally opinion. According to FastLane, it eliminated the back-end swaying upon braking at 150mph (which does happen to me RA back straight), enabled faster turn-in speed, and finally let's us see perfectly out of the rear view mirror. I'm sure Crawford testing facilities would not have built a 'worse' wing; but nonetheless, it's a chance i'm willing to take.

They also specifically told me that no adjustments need to be made to the front-end regarding balancing. If it feels worse on the track, it will take 10 minutes to switch back to the factory wing and i'll chalk this up to a failed test. For what its worth and for those that like it, Crawford's packaging, ease of installation, professionalism, and quality of craftsmanship was first class.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:20 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

I must say and I am not a huge fan of obnoxiously big wings but this wing looks darn good and even less aftermarket that he RS. What color is that painted- high gloss black?
Old 06-04-2015, 11:30 AM
CARFANATICA
Intermediate

Thx - i actually agree with you in terms of the huge wings, but after installing this, i really think it 'looks' good....maybe b/c it's a good contrast with a white car....now the real test is function over form. It's 100% carbon fiber composite material, no paint.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:42 PM
Keith Verges - Dallas
Pro

If it makes more downforce than stock I don't see how there is not an aero push.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:12 AM
speeddistrict
Rennlist Member

how was it? i think with the stands painted white, it would look bad ***.

for sure will help you push the car more, more planted, more confidence.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:06 PM
rm21
Rennlist Member

I'm at Road Atlanta this weekend driving with CHIN. I've got the Crawford wing and the cup car splitter. Those that say the wing is nonsense clearly haven't driven a GT3 with the wing. It makes a noticeable difference. The car couldn't be more planted going through the kink on the back straight at Road Atlanta and high speed braking is much improved. The only issue I was having with the wing was some increased understeer on a big sweeping turn at Atlanta Motorsports Park (turn 14). With the cup car splitter and the front sway bar set at one notch softer than the middle setting, that has been dialed down significantly. Understeer has never been a problem at Road Atlanta but the wing is helping me get some more life out of my rear tires, which are well past their prime in terms of heat cycles.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:57 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rm21
I'm at Road Atlanta this weekend driving with CHIN. I've got the Crawford wing and the cup car splitter. Those that say the wing is nonsense clearly haven't driven a GT3 with the wing. It makes a noticeable difference. The car couldn't be more planted going through the kink on the back straight at Road Atlanta and high speed braking is much improved. The only issue I was having with the wing was some increased understeer on a big sweeping turn at Atlanta Motorsports Park (turn 14). With the cup car splitter and the front sway bar set at one notch softer than the middle setting, that has been dialed down significantly. Understeer has never been a problem at Road Atlanta but the wing is helping me get some more life out of my rear tires, which are well past their prime in terms of heat cycles.

Could also just decrease wing pitch just a hint too

Anyone add the 991 front dive planes ??
Old 06-13-2015, 11:58 PM
CARFANATICA
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rm21
Good to hear. I will be at CHIN RA in the morning trying the wing out for the first time. I also adjusted the sway bar one notch softer....
Old 06-14-2015, 12:00 AM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 12-20-2015, 12:11 AM
John Elliot
Racer

I didn't have a chance to try my Crawford Wing on my GT3 this year. I got a RS allocation from Porsche of London so I might not get an opportunity in 16, if my GT3 sells. Anyone else have any updated Track Reports using the Crawford Wing?
Old 12-20-2015, 11:21 AM
jasonfreed
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

selling a used one if anybody is interested:

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...r-991-gt3.html

I didn't like the full black upright with the lights so went with bare aluminum.

Last edited by jasonfreed; 12-20-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:22 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by hzoenvy33
That wing is aerodynamically nonsense.

The rear window of the 911 with a slope of roughly 7 degrees requires a twisted rear wing like on the RSR. This wing ist just like the Cup wings not very efficient and will hurt you more than it helps.

Get the RS wing or leave the regular.
Apparently Randy Pobst (and all of us who have actually used the Crawford Wing)
disagree with you.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2016-...-track-review/

Quick Reply: NEW CRAWFORD WING FOR GT3