Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 sport Chrono aka "wart"

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014 | 01:12 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by rubbaman
I am also assuming that if I had NOT previously had it in my 2014 build and decided now to ADD it now, then I would have to pay the $1850 vs $450. But that is a good question which I am asking her now.
I agree with you--it's certainly not your fault this fiasco happened and also not your choice to have the clock and the lap timer bundled as a package. They should do the right thing and honor the price you were quoted upon time of order.

At the same time, so much of what has happened has been off the beaten path, you know? Hope it works out in your favor!
Old 06-10-2014 | 01:30 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 0Q991
I agree with you--it's certainly not your fault this fiasco happened and also not your choice to have the clock and the lap timer bundled as a package. They should do the right thing and honor the price you were quoted upon time of order.

At the same time, so much of what has happened has been off the beaten path, you know? Hope it works out in your favor!
As well as ours in Cat B. I just wrote an email applauding Porsche for not charging the extra cost but also asked for those of us in Cat B with sport chromo to get the upgrade.
Old 06-10-2014 | 02:07 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Clarification from Andrea:
And the answer is.....
"The existing features will remain at the MY2014 build cost, but if you add anything new it will be billed at the MY2015 cost."
Thank you,
Andrea Arauz
GT3 Customer Concierge
Old 06-10-2014 | 02:07 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nick
As well as ours in Cat B. I just wrote an email applauding Porsche for not charging the extra cost but also asked for those of us in Cat B with sport chromo to get the upgrade.
Is it just software?
Old 06-10-2014 | 03:23 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Is it just software?
I have no idea. But if that is all it is, all 2014s' with sport chrono should have the upgrade. We should know soon enough. I expect an answer to my email within a few days assuming the question is processed up the command chain.
Old 06-10-2014 | 04:04 PM
0Q991
Drifting

I have no idea. But if that is all it is, all 2014s' with sport chrono should have the upgrade. We should know soon enough. I expect an answer to my email within a few days assuming the question is processed up the command chain.
Nice. Thanks, Nick.
Old 06-10-2014 | 04:40 PM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

I have to ask this question again. I am surprised that Porsche will not cover costs for those that had prepaid for a track event or a ED that were directly affected from the "stop sale".

Has any one had any success attempting to see if Porsche would support compensation??

It was conveyed to me from the beginning that they would be fair. They said that many Owners and soon to be Owners, in the beginning of the "stop sale", were asking for things that even if the "stop sale" never would of occurred that it would not of been affected. And they said that they would look at things like this from a "case by case" basis. If they are not going to upcharge those that had pre-ordered upgrades for their GT3 if, in fact, the cost of those have risen for the 2015 model; it seems consistent that they would be looking to treat people fairly which has been my experience so far.

Also, I wonder if the Owners that have opted for a "buy-back" if they were also covered for say clear bra ect that they has already spent, prior to the "stop sale"
Old 06-20-2014 | 04:46 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Ian, just confirmed what I suspected.

There will be some software updates on all 2014s but only the 2015s have
Porsche track precision app included with their sport chrono clock.

Too bad, Porsche could have scored big by upgrading the 2014s with the track precision app.
Old 06-20-2014 | 07:29 PM
3GO1GO
Instructor

Too bad, Porsche could have scored big by upgrading the 2014s with the track precision app.
Too bad, Porsche could have scored big if they just honored the original WART price of $400 for the pretty little clock that fills the void in the middle of the dash, keep the software my car is never going to the track anyway. All said and done, after spending $150k for a GT3, Porsche will continue to nickel and dime it's most loyal customers over $1,400.00 for software changes a large number of us will never use.
Old 06-20-2014 | 08:01 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 3GO1GO
Too bad, Porsche could have scored big if they just honored the original WART price of $400 for the pretty little clock that fills the void in the middle of the dash, keep the software my car is never going to the track anyway. All said and done, after spending $150k for a GT3, Porsche will continue to nickel and dime it's most loyal customers over $1,400.00 for software changes a large number of us will never use.
There are a few hilarious things about it:
1) People will pay it
2) Imagine if Apple or Google changed you 1400 for a single app, let alone a device filled with them
3) There are apps available that do almost the same thing for $5
4) It costs more than a complete AiM system, with HD camera and detailed (though hard to use) analysis software.
Old 06-21-2014 | 03:50 AM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Did Ian confirm that we would not pay for the additional charge for the Sport Chrono if it was on our original build?
Old 06-21-2014 | 08:31 AM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by skuplist
Did Ian confirm that we would not pay for the additional charge for the Sport Chrono if it was on our original build?
Correct! No increase charge for WART if it is on original build. In fact no increase on any option that went up if it is on original build. How they are going to work that out is still my question. My dealer says he knows nothing about it. I sent him Andreas email stating it. It's pretty much typical of everything else in this process. Very little information given to dealers.
Old 06-21-2014 | 11:51 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Distinguish between price for the option and what the option is. According to Ian's email if you ordered sport chrono on your yet to be built 2014 you will get the 2014 version and not the 2015 which includes Porsche Track precision app. As a result, unbuilt 2014s with the sport chrono option will not get a price increase for the option because it will NOT have the precision track app.
Old 06-23-2014 | 09:19 PM
armbar
Instructor

I got a call today (finally) from PCNA. Talked to a lady named Julie or Jolie. After she told me that my car would be at the dealership in November, (information I already had from the dealership last week) she asked me if I had any questions. First question was regarding compensation, she confirmed there would be none. (I'm cat C). The next question was regarding the Sport Chrono pricing. She said that as long as one had ordered it on their first build then the original price would not change as any other options one had originally ordered. After I hung up I realized I should have asked her for an email stating the above and asked her what authority did PCNA have in this? This came up when I visited my dealership. My SA told me that I would have to pay the higher new price because of the new features.
Does PCNA have any power over the dealerships in this?
Old 06-23-2014 | 09:35 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by armbar
I got a call today (finally) from PCNA. Talked to a lady named Julie or Jolie. After she told me that my car would be at the dealership in November, (information I already had from the dealership last week) she asked me if I had any questions. First question was regarding compensation, she confirmed there would be none. (I'm cat C). The next question was regarding the Sport Chrono pricing. She said that as long as one had ordered it on their first build then the original price would not change as any other options one had originally ordered. After I hung up I realized I should have asked her for an email stating the above and asked her what authority did PCNA have in this? This came up when I visited my dealership. My SA told me that I would have to pay the higher new price because of the new features.
Does PCNA have any power over the dealerships in this?
I have Andreas email to me stating no price increase for options included on your original build. PM me and I will send it to you for ammo.

Quick Reply: GT3 sport Chrono aka "wart"