Sponsored by:

GT3 sport Chrono aka "wart"

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 11:29 PM
3GO1GO
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Default GT3 sport Chrono aka "wart"

I am one of the V200 MY2014 pushed out to MY2015 by Porsche that was configured with a sport Chrono option priced at $450.00. This package is now priced @ $1,850.00, yeah I get it, better software, but not going to track so really don't care except for esthetics. Anyone else think, given the crap we've all been thru, that Porsche should at the very least include the "WART" for the original price?
Old 06-04-2014, 11:49 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

There has been mention that those whose 2014 cars that have been pushed into a MY 2015 should expect no compensation because getting a 2015 is "compensation enough". If that statement is correctly attributed to Porsche, then I would think the answer to your question would be yes, very much so.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:04 AM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been talking to Andrea about this for over a month. She said she would get more information about this as time goes on, but she believed that this would be something handled at the dealer level. So I talked to the dealer and they said, Oh...er...uh.. we might be able to do something. That's more like, we'll get back to you. I was supposed to trade my CTSv to them in May, now November! I bitched about that because of the additional depreciation hit. Silence was deafening. So I will fight like hell for them to give me something.... like a free clear bra, etc. But at the end of the day, all I really have in my corner as leverage is the threat of a bad dealer satisfaction survey and NO SERVICE FOR YOU!
Old 06-05-2014, 09:14 AM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rubbaman
I have been talking to Andrea about this for over a month. She said she would get more information about this as time goes on, but she believed that this would be something handled at the dealer level. So I talked to the dealer and they said, Oh...er...uh.. we might be able to do something. That's more like, we'll get back to you. I was supposed to trade my CTSv to them in May, now November! I bitched about that because of the additional depreciation hit. Silence was deafening. So I will fight like hell for them to give me something.... like a free clear bra, etc. But at the end of the day, all I really have in my corner as leverage is the threat of a bad dealer satisfaction survey and NO SERVICE FOR YOU!
I am also a MY2014 delayed to MY2015. I had this conversation with Ian earlier in the week. If I don't get a clear answer from PCNA or Dealer before my lock date, I'm dropping the sport chrono option.

Ryan
Old 06-05-2014, 01:32 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I spoke to Andrea at length this AM. I gave her the run down on the WART issue. She actually thought the prices were the same. She knows this is not the case now. I told her I didn't want to have to beat the dealer over the head with this. She said she would talk to her boss today and get an answer back soon. She did however say that the compensation Tim Quinn alluded to was nixed by PAG. You vill be happy you get ze car at all. Says Herr Mueller. Ach mein Gott!
Old 06-05-2014, 02:25 PM
armbar
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in the same position. I posted earlier about it. Dealer basically told me "if you don't want to pay the new price we will remove it" Crappy attitude if you ask me. I'm waiting to see how Ryan and Rob's situation pans out.

Todd
Old 06-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arrogant German approach. My view about this entire experience can be summed up this both from the dealers and Porsche " your money and business means nothing to us. We will sell every car to someone and if it's not you we don't care"
Old 06-05-2014, 03:29 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Wart ugly- u don't see that on 991 cupcars. Mike
Old 06-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wart equals Launch Control, no?

Sounds like a Class Action to me. That is Horse 5h!t being charged more for your configuration because of someone else's screw-up! Just because Porsche wants to continue screwing people in the price of their cars doesn't mean you should have to pay for it because of an issue with the factory not being able to deliver on time! Especially after you have put in money, locked in the config and signed that piece of paper at the dealership. Isn't that a contract to begin with?
Old 06-05-2014, 03:57 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Wart equals Launch Control, no? Sounds like a Class Action to me. That is Horse 5h!t being charged more for your configuration because of someone else's screw-up! Just because Porsche wants to continue screwing people in the price of their cars doesn't mean you should have to pay for it because of an issue with the factory not being able to deliver on time! Especially after you have put in money, locked in the config and signed that piece of paper at the dealership. Isn't that a contract to begin with?
LC is standard. Don't need Sport Chrono for it.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:03 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wart equals Launch Control, no?

Sounds like a Class Action to me. That is Horse 5h!t being charged more for your configuration because of someone else's screw-up! Just because Porsche wants to continue screwing people in the price of their cars doesn't mean you should have to pay for it because of an issue with the factory not being able to deliver on time! Especially after you have put in money, locked in the config and signed that piece of paper at the dealership. Isn't that a contract to begin with?
Check your build sheet. It pretty much says that pricing is not final until the dealer is actually invoiced and the car is delivered to the dealer.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:06 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
LC is standard. Don't need Sport Chrono for it.
So then Launch Control is standard, has always been standard on the GT3 without Sport Chrono? Is that also now true for the Turbos?
Old 06-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Wart ugly- u don't see that on 991 cupcars. Mike
Or radio, NAV, A/C, power windows, carpet, sound deadening, or a hundred other things.....your point? Oh yeah, it's ugly. Matter of opinion....
Old 06-05-2014, 05:21 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

So then Launch Control is standard, has always been standard on the GT3 without Sport Chrono? Is that also now true for the Turbos?
I think launch control is only available with PDK; if so it wouldn't have been on previous GT3's. The TTS has LC and sport chrono as standard, but I think the 2 features are optional and packaged together on the TT and all other 991's. The GT3 is the only model that comes with launch control standard and doesn't require sport chrono to have it.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:54 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I think launch control is only available with PDK; if so it wouldn't have been on previous GT3's. The TTS has LC and sport chrono as standard, but I think the 2 features are optional and packaged together on the TT and all other 991's. The GT3 is the only model that comes with launch control standard and doesn't require sport chrono to have it.
What Mike said.

Quick Reply: GT3 sport Chrono aka "wart"