GT3 sport Chrono aka "wart"

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 09:48 PM
armbar
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Rubbaman,
Done! Thanks! Cant have too much ammo!
What kind of power do you think PCNA has?
Old 06-23-2014, 09:59 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 144 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by armbar
Rubbaman,
Done! Thanks! Cant have too much ammo!
What kind of power do you think PCNA has?
I thought that PCNA invoiced the dealer for the car. If PCNA (or PAG for that matter) truly isn't charging the dealer for the added cost of the option, then what basis does the dealer have for charging you, except to fatten his own wallet on the side?
Old 06-23-2014, 10:23 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I thought that PCNA invoiced the dealer for the car. If PCNA (or PAG for that matter) truly isn't charging the dealer for the added cost of the option, then what basis does the dealer have for charging you, except to fatten his own wallet on the side?
I think PCNA is invoicing the dealer for the full price and the dealer has to send docs back to PCNA of the original commission number showing the original options within 30 days of the sale. (someone posted this earlier) Then I think the dealer gets money back from PAG. Sounds Bass Ackwards to me! I have been emailing Andrea for better clarification on this. I don't want to walk in on judgement day with only Andreas email saying I won't be charged. Supposedly the dealers have been notified. Yeah riiight! SNAFU (situation normal, all F'd up)
Old 06-23-2014, 10:45 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

PCNA has more power than the Dealers. That is what pisses the Dealers off in certain cases. Now, that does not mean your Dealer is not important so having a good relation with them is very important. But, if you have hit a dead end with your Dealer than you should go the PCNA.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:58 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 248 Posts

My dealer has been pretty good so far with regards to this issue. I had only put a deposit on one of their allocations, but they feel there shouldn't be an issue with regards to the options with increased pricing. That said all they have done at this point is put in my order and gotten the commission number as of yesterday.

I may reach out to PCNA to see what I can find out down that road too, but so far the dealership is not flat out saying no.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:44 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 144 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by rubbaman
I think PCNA is invoicing the dealer for the full price and the dealer has to send docs back to PCNA of the original commission number showing the original options within 30 days of the sale. (someone posted this earlier) Then I think the dealer gets money back from PAG. Sounds Bass Ackwards to me! I have been emailing Andrea for better clarification on this. I don't want to walk in on judgement day with only Andreas email saying I won't be charged. Supposedly the dealers have been notified. Yeah riiight! SNAFU (situation normal, all F'd up)
Maybe there is some accounting reason for doing it that way, but if true, it does indeed sound Bass Ackwards!
Old 06-24-2014, 12:14 AM
armbar
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

When I brought this up to my dealer it eventually led to him saying "be sure to let me know if you don't want the car, because we have many people who still want it but can't get one". IOW's we'd love to have you cancel since you are paying MSRP. It's hard to negotiate from a weak position.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:54 AM
3GO1GO
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Letter sent to ALL dealers by PCNY regarding "bass ackward" wart pricing

On March 28, 2014, PCNA announced that 2014 911 GT3 vehicles that had not entered production would be swapped with model year 2015 production. The affected MY2014 GT3 vehicles were canceled in the system (VX99). MY2015 September or October quota month allocations were provided as replacements.

Although there wasn’t a price increase from the MY2014 to MY2015 GT3, there were a few options with price increases. The main option price increase was due to the additional content in the MY2015 Sport Chrono option.

Customer orders in the system as of March 28 were identified and will be afforded price protection by means of a refund to the wholesaling dealers. The price protection covers the increased price in the options that were on the original MY2014 GT3 order and the price of those options on the new MY2015 GT3 order. If the option was not originally on the MY2014 order it is not protected. Any other option additions to the MY2015 GT3 are also not price protected.

In order to obtain a price protection refund, the dealer must provide PCNA the following documents within 30 days of the customer sale date of the September or October replacement quota MY2015 GT3.

For the MY2014 GT3
 Original order and configuration commission number

For the MY2015 GT3 any 2 of the following

 Financing Contract

 Buyer’s Order

 Customer Payment Check Copy

 Registration Application

 Certificate of Origin

Customer names in PVMS and original GT3 specifications on March 28 will be crossed-checked against the reported Retail Delivery along with the supporting documentation to ensure the price protection refunds are provided to those units ‘pre-sold’ to an existing customer.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:36 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for posting. Some inconsistencies I don't understand however. Why is there provision for MY2014 GT3? This price protection should be moot, no? I thought this applied only to now MY2015 cars. Or can MY2014's request 2015 options? And why does the customer/dealer need to provide 2 pieces of "ID" when PAG should know who's who? Sounds like the system does not track us well enough to know this. Also, do you understand this to mean we in category C are given Sept/Oct allocations? My dealer emailed this week to offer me a choice of Nov or Dec allocations, which is strange in itself since I didn't think there was any choice and we should simply obtain allocations in the sequence originally ordered. (BTW, I was an original March build that never entered production.) Finally, I got an email from Ian Moon yesterday stating that they (?PCNA) "don't have the 2015 dates yet" but that the dealers might have this info. How is it that PCNA doesn't know the dates and yet are emailing dealers this information? Anyone else in cat C have a similar experience?
Thanks!
Old 06-24-2014, 10:44 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

3GO1GO - Nice information. I wonder how that impacts someone like me who didn't have a commission number yet because they couldn't put the order in the system, but they had the allocation and I put a deposit and gave them my configuration. It will be interesting to see how this plays out...
Old 06-24-2014, 10:52 AM
3GO1GO
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I think Sept/Oct allocations is build start date with Oct/Nov/Dec delivery date. My MY2015 has a build start date September with a delivery date late October.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:13 AM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mwar99
3GO1GO - Nice information. I wonder how that impacts someone like me who didn't have a commission number yet because they couldn't put the order in the system, but they had the allocation and I put a deposit and gave them my configuration. It will be interesting to see how this plays out...
As I understand it, if the dealer couldn't put the order in the system, then you didn't actually have an allocation. You had the dealer's promise of an allocation. Your deposit puts you on the dealer's waiting list for an upcoming allocation, if any. Giving the dealer a copy of your configuration doesn't really change your situation - other than letting the salesman know how much you might spend on options.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:30 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by alpine-al
As I understand it, if the dealer couldn't put the order in the system, then you didn't actually have an allocation. You had the dealer's promise of an allocation. Your deposit puts you on the dealer's waiting list for an upcoming allocation, if any. Giving the dealer a copy of your configuration doesn't really change your situation - other than letting the salesman know how much you might spend on options.
That doesn't help...

They have been good so far about not just saying no to no increase in price. I guess I'll see what happens. The order is in now and I have a commission number so it is moving forward at this point. Worst case I guess I pay a couple thousand more for what I want...
Old 06-24-2014, 11:57 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wait sorry, if you have a commission number that means you have an allocation? Does commission number mean allocation? I'm clearly confused...
Old 06-24-2014, 12:04 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Zulu Alpha
Wait sorry, if you have a commission number that means you have an allocation? Does commission number mean allocation? I'm clearly confused...
If you have a commission number, you have an allocation and a order that shows up in the system.

Quick Reply: GT3 sport Chrono aka "wart"