Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compensation

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 09:50 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the vouchers are only for Porsche "factory" stuff, this is not a deal for me. I will never spend 15-20k on Porsche parts or service, I think an incentive to spend more money, by having to buy another new porsche, is insane! Lastly the vouchers probably will NOT apply to tires as they are not a Porsche product. The only thing this type of incentive does is "chain"you to the -brand. In view of the circumstances this is an insult.. Allan
Old 04-04-2014, 10:33 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by allans
If the vouchers are only for Porsche "factory" stuff, this is not a deal for me. I will never spend 15-20k on Porsche parts or service, I think an incentive to spend more money, by having to buy another new porsche, is insane! Lastly the vouchers probably will NOT apply to tires as they are not a Porsche product. The only thing this type of incentive does is "chain"you to the -brand. In view of the circumstances this is an insult.. Allan
They would include tires. Anything that the dealer sells you can buy with a Porsche voucher. Doesn't have to be a Porsche product unless Porsche changes the terms on our vouchers.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:00 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

If people decide to walk away from the car, pretending for a moment they don't like the final outcome, then it's fair to say they will have a bad taste in their mouth for Porsche. In that case, the vouchers wont be worth spit, having to remain with Porsche brand/products.

If vouchers are true, then this virtually locks everyone into their car, because otherwise they forfeit any compensation.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:15 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^ Wouldnt you do the same if you were Porsche?

Im not agreeing with the outcome. Im just waiting patiently to see if the USA & UK are offered the same package. I guess once we know we take it from there....

I do believe those of us who have had the car delivered and done some mileage before the Stop Sale took effect should be given different treatment from those whos orders have been delayed and those that have not fully paid for the car yet. We have not only paid in full, but insured the car and planned to use it so there is also a convenience as well as lost opportunity cost and "holding cost" issue at stake...
Old 04-04-2014, 11:20 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

^Yes I would if I was Porsche^

Very smart actually, I have to hand it to them.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:36 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Win-win for Pag as far as vouchers go- minimize loss and keep it inhouse. Brilliant!!! Mike
Old 04-04-2014, 11:39 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Brilliant for PAG...but would be easier to swallow if the size were MASSIVE and if it could be used for this current vehicle...
Old 04-04-2014, 11:43 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Umm, I don't get it. When did Porsche announce "vouchers" for any of us? Last I checked with PCNA, they said something to the effect of "ain't gonna happen". I agree with Macca that those who already took delivery should be treated differently but I doubt vouchers will part of the equation.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:43 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Umm, I don't get it. When did Porsche announce "vouchers" for any of us? Last I checked with PCNA, they said something to the effect of "ain't gonna happen". I agree with Macca that those who already took delivery should be treated differently but I doubt vouchers will part of the equation.
Good point. Someone posted that vouchers were what was being offered in Europe and we were off to the races as usual. Nothing has been confirmed here that I've heard.

As I posted earlier, vouchers will work for me if that happens, although it's becoming clear that they won't be welcomed by some others. I also agree with Macca that the circumstances are different enough for those who have already paid for and taken delivery of cars as opposed to those still waiting for them, that the compensation packages should be substantially different. With luck the answers will be coming soon, maybe Monday....
Old 04-04-2014, 11:47 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
As I posted earlier, vouchers will work for me if that happens, although it's becoming clear that they won't be welcomed by some others. I also agree with Macca that the circumstances are different enough for those who have already paid for cars as opposed to still waiting for them, that the compensation packages should be substantially different. With luck the answers will be coming soon, maybe Monday....
Totally agree. All of this conjecture aside, I believe:

1. Owners who have paid and taken delivery should be treated over and above all other owners. Period and full stop.

2. We are days away (by all accounts--and I had a long conversation with my rep at PCNA a few hours ago) from OFFICIAL word. Let's wait to pass judgment for now.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:56 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Good point. Someone posted that vouchers were what was being offered in Europe and we were off to the races as usual. Nothing has been confirmed here that I've heard.

As I posted earlier, vouchers will work for me if that happens, although it's becoming clear that they won't be welcomed by some others. I also agree with Macca that the circumstances are different enough for those who have already paid for and taken delivery of cars as opposed to those still waiting for them, that the compensation packages should be substantially different. With luck the answers will be coming soon, maybe Monday....
Wouldn't straight hard cash be even better. How does straight cash vs vouchers is the better alternative in your instance? Don't get it. Straight cash u have every flexibility. Like winning the powerball u want monthly or straight cash out. U sir have to much latitude. mike
Old 04-04-2014, 11:58 PM
Metodt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I completely agree with Macca, depending on region we have dropped $160 to $300k for our cars. I haven't even moved mine.
Vouchers would be absolutely inacceptable...in-house credit like a 2nd class clothing store? BTW Kate above me looks .... jummy

Last edited by Metodt; 04-05-2014 at 06:54 AM.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:00 AM
Gros Chien
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche ain't the Eight World Wonder,,,,,, the more I read and listen, the more I'm wanting out of the GT3
Old 04-05-2014, 12:16 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Gros Chien
Porsche ain't the Eight World Wonder,,,,,, the more I read and listen, the more I'm wanting out of the GT3
This is not about the GT3 it is simply endemic of the new corporate world PAG operate within. To be perfectly honest having lived with and observed various recalls and issues from failing m96 engines to CL on 997 GT3 and intake manifolds on 4.0RS it's actually quite refreshing PAG have owned up from the get go and undertaken a comprehensive strategy to the whole issue. Many close to PAG including those employed by them I have spoken to have be surprised at the directive taken and the resources applied to sorting this one out. In reality PAG could have got away with keeping week 45-52 cars on the road mopping them up with warranty engine swaps if there ever were an issue (probably unlikely IMO) and simply replaced week 1-4 engines at dealer PPI level with delayed delivery of week 5-9 cars and pushed all production back 4-5 months ( which it spears has likely happened in any case).

Again not saying any of this is right - in a perfect world the issue would never have happened in the first instance but in the circumstances I think they have done better than I hear their historic batting average in similar past matters would indicate...
Old 04-05-2014, 12:33 AM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For your information: tim.quinn@porsche.us

Quick Reply: Compensation