Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my call today

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 10:58 PM
Streetking
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 8 Posts

Got the email and call today, spoke to a very nice lady. She did confirm that the motor will be replaced. She said Porsche was still "testing" the fix and would be assembling replacement motors after all test have been completed. Customers with delivered cars will get their motors replaced first. She also stated that they were looking into compensation packages, that will be case by case and extended warranty. She gave me her direct line/ email so we could stay in touch. About :30 min after our conversation, my Dealer called me and said he had received a call from her about a loaner. All in all, it's only 785 cars, not that many in the grand scheme of things!
Old 03-18-2014, 11:00 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

^Much less. 400 cars total in US, half still at port. It's the 200 delivered that's the problem.^
Old 03-18-2014, 11:23 PM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the call this morning. No really good info on timing. They are replacing the motors. I advised the nice lady that I would be autocrossing the loaner. No response. Just a thought, since the "good" seats are not yet available, maybe part of the compensation should be a retrofit when they are available.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:36 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

No call, no email, nothing. Is it just me, or does it seem the way PCNA is keeping people "informed" totally random/dumb? Shouldn't those who have the car in their possession be the first priority for these calls and emails?? I don't get it.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:42 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 384 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Cyrek -- I spoke with PCNA today as well. Similar info, that they are currently working on compensation packages, etc.

Also, new engines would go to owners in order of delivery. Logically, I would imagine late 2014 and early 2015 model year cars would get delayed as a result.
My dealer said based on the info they have they are expecting approx. a 2 month delay on orders.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:27 AM
snabbgt3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I interpret the current mode of communication with GT3 owners and those waiting for production/delivery to reflect PAG/PCNA communicating with customers awaiting delivery (i.e. prior to GT3 hand-off to dealers) and letting dealers remain responsible for communication with customers already paid-up and taken delivery ... this is only rational explanation for current situation.
I, as owner, have received no PAG/PCNA communications ... but several appropriate and helpful calls from my dealer. I think those few owners who've taken initiative to call PAG/PCNA may now be on their radar.
I think this represents division of labor, in dealing with a difficult problem AND demanding customer base ... so far am reasonably satisfied w this mode, although prefer also getting PAG e-mails/letters myself which I currently have to hunt for.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:52 AM
FLM911
Racer

I wonder what the roster order is for calling people. Doesn't sound like its based on delivery dates as I got mine 12/19.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:30 AM
Streetking
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
^Much less. 400 cars total in US, half still at port. It's the 200 delivered that's the problem.^
Yes, you are correct, with less cars, maybe they will get our cars fixed faster!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:03 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I think you might be right

Originally Posted by snabbgt3
I interpret the current mode of communication with GT3 owners and those waiting for production/delivery to reflect PAG/PCNA communicating with customers awaiting delivery (i.e. prior to GT3 hand-off to dealers) and letting dealers remain responsible for communication with customers already paid-up and taken delivery ... this is only rational explanation for current situation.
I, as owner, have received no PAG/PCNA communications ... but several appropriate and helpful calls from my dealer. I think those few owners who've taken initiative to call PAG/PCNA may now be on their radar.
I think this represents division of labor, in dealing with a difficult problem AND demanding customer base ... so far am reasonably satisfied w this mode, although prefer also getting PAG e-mails/letters myself which I currently have to hunt for.
I called PCNA twice

Ian moon(I know amazing name)
ian.moon@porsche.us
770-290-3489

He had a record in front of him with log of my calls
Old 03-19-2014, 10:12 AM
grinzing mike
Track Day

My build was originally scheduled for this week, and my delivery scheduled for May...but I've gotten no call or letter...whether from the dealer or from PCNA. All I've had are emails that I've had to initiate myself.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:17 AM
blackbull
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Latest news from Porsche:

Porsche to replace GT3 engines due to fire risk - Mar. 18, 2014

Porsche to replace GT3 engines due to fire risk
By Peter Valdes-Dapena @peterdrives March 18, 2014: 5:58 PM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)

Porsche will replace the engines in 785 high-performance sports cars because of a risk that the current engines could catch fire. The move was made in response to two engine fires in Porsche 911 GT3s.

The GT3 is a track-oriented two-seat version of the 911 sports car. Prices for the car start at $130,000. It can go from zero to 60 miles per hour in just 3.3 seconds, with a top speed of 195 miles per hour.

The decision to replace the engines was made after Porsche engineers investigated two engine fires that occurred in Europe. Neither fire caused an accident or any injuries. Porsche had already warned owners last month to stop driving the cars and to have them picked up and taken to a Porsche dealer.

Engineers discovered that the fires were caused by a loose rod inside the engine. The loose rod caused damage that then allowed lubricating oil to leak out and ignite.

The 785 cars that will have their engines changed include 408 in the United States. The move doesn't involve any other Porsche models beyond the 911 GT3. Porsche is part of the Volkswagen Group
Old 03-19-2014, 10:25 AM
llstuey
Racer

^
Please stop posting old news in multiple threads
Old 03-19-2014, 10:28 AM
llstuey
Racer

Originally Posted by grinzing mike
My build was originally scheduled for this week, and my delivery scheduled for May...but I've gotten no call or letter...whether from the dealer or from PCNA. All I've had are emails that I've had to initiate myself.
I think the most frustrating part is that I doubt the system will update with reliable mfg and delivery dates for some time. I'm in same boat with original May delivery. Pcna doesn't know, dealer doesn't know, sigh....
Old 03-19-2014, 10:57 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are replacing the engines, something beyond 400+ for the USA. Wonder how long it will take PAG to make the new ones and get them over here. Quite the undertaking if you ask me. But don't forget about the rest of the world and they will probably put the new engines in the cars that are on the line to get delivered on time. That's some logistics...
Old 03-19-2014, 11:13 AM
Clocked
Racer

I will throw this out:

There is of course lot's of discussion of what "we" think compensation should be if you have bought your car, if your car is at a port or dealer and have not paid for it and those that have cars in production.

Consider everyone just calling PNA every day making it clear what "we" want including status updates. I would think after just a few days of tying phone lines up and customers making demands, they may once and for all listen and provide details. It's not like they have been waiting around in Germany for the past 4 weeks thinking "oh our customers are not concerned they drank our Good German Beer"

Just a thought if "we" want to heard

Quick Reply: Got my call today