Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What will it take from Porsche to make current GT3 owners feel "right" in the end?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 08:48 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Tell me my car isn't affected or replace the problem parts and restore the car to 100% functionality. This is obviously non-negotiable. Compensate me for the downtime. This would only be fair and is fully expected. Extending the warranty to provide peace of mind would be great; we'll see about that one.

If these things happen, the effect of this problem on my feelings about the car will be zero. As for retention of value, this will have no more long term effect than did the faulty wiring harnesses that burned multiple 993's to the ground before they were recalled, or the loose timing chains that trashed engines in early 911's. Remember those?

And the grill jokes from the clowns at Top Gear and elsewhere? Let them have their fun; everybody has an axe to grind. Porsche, make the car whole (assuming mine isn't already) and I'm in it with this car for the long haul.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:49 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,028 Likes on 460 Posts

Doesn't the "Lemon Law" have some relevance here?
Old 03-02-2014, 08:50 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
I've answered it in the other thread(s), but here it goes in order of priority:

1. Extended warranty.
2. Free service / maintenance.
3. Discount of some sort on the car or on a future model.
4. In keeping with sentiment of the car, free tuition to a Porsche Driving School.
I can't see how they would get away with not doing 1 and 2.
1 to fix resale value, so the extended warranty needs to be transferrable like CPO.
2 to compensate for the hassle and delays.

A choice between 3 and 4 to make it right for loss of DE time seems very reasonable to have embarrassed customer boasting how much fun they had or how they got a nice discount for a next new Porsche.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
Doesn't the "Lemon Law" have some relevance here?
It may eventually, but the question was what would make me feel "right" about the car, and having to invoke the lemon law would not be the answer.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:02 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I think if I boil my feelings down, it's simple--deliver me a car that works and is safe and stand by your product and your customers. That's it. Bc I damn sure want the car!
Old 03-02-2014, 09:02 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,028 Likes on 460 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
It may eventually, but the question was what would make me feel "right" about the car, and having to invoke the lemon law would not be the answer.
True. Sadly I don't have a gorgeous new GT3 in the garage, but if I did I'd be getting more annoyed with each passing day. Porsches aren't perfect, never have been, but they're cars that people are passionate about and being asked to not drive one's (very expensive) pride and joy must be frustrating. Hopefully the wait is over soon.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:28 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have my car in the garage and to be truthful, I am much more disappointed than angry. I have not taken a loaner and don't plan too. In my opinion, regardless of the reason for the failure, Porsche has done a miserable job in communicating with their customers. Even my dealer seems to be unconcerned about this situation. I guess they view it the same as any other mis step they see from Porsche. I don't know how it can be made right for me . We will have to wait and see when and how this is resolved. Allan
Old 03-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

If they fix my car relatively soon, and assuming it's not a major deal (ie, minor repair, bolts, oil line, etc), then I don't need or expect anything from Porsche. It's no big deal. I'm cool. I've not been put out up to this point, haven't even asked for a loaner. I have other cars to drive.

If they have to open up the engine, or do an engine swap, then I'm out of the car, period. Someone's going to have to buy it back. I don't want it anymore no matter how awesome it is. If necessary, I will invoke the lemon law and make sure it hits the local news.

However, I can't imagine Porsche allowing that to happen, as that's a no win for them. Just the words "lemon law" and "Porsche" in the same sentence is a public relations nightmare, especially when you add the word "fire".
Old 03-02-2014, 09:43 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehinder

However, I can't imagine Porsche allowing that to happen, as that's a no win for them. Just the words "lemon law" and "Porsche" in the same sentence is a public relations nightmare, especially when you add the word "fire".
How about this lemon colored T-shirt? That would be OK by me.
Attached Images  
Old 03-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

LOL, very good.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:51 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Change the "crown" for the Porsche logo.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:56 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by allans
Change the "crown" for the Porsche logo.
I wish I knew how. That would be brilliant.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:07 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by allans
I have my car in the garage and to be truthful, I am much more disappointed than angry. I have not taken a loaner and don't plan too. In my opinion, regardless of the reason for the failure, Porsche has done a miserable job in communicating with their customers. Even my dealer seems to be unconcerned about this situation. I guess they view it the same as any other mis step they see from Porsche. I don't know how it can be made right for me . We will have to wait and see when and how this is resolved. Allan
+1000
Agree with Allan. Communication has been horrible and I am thinking its the lawyers in control. We live in a diff world with all the lawsuits but still they could have done a much better job. I give them an F for communication 101
Old 03-02-2014, 10:10 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,012 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
+1000
Agree with Allan. Communication has been horrible and I am thinking its the lawyers in control. We live in a diff world with all the lawsuits but still they could have done a much better job. I give them an F for communication 101
this.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:19 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Here you go Sam
Attached Images  

Last edited by silverrules; 03-02-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Quick Reply: What will it take from Porsche to make current GT3 owners feel "right" in the end?