Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will the Recall Curtail demand for the GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 03:14 PM
Ken B
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will the Recall Curtail demand for the GT3?

OK, I want a GT3 so bad I can't stand it. I don't care about the recall. Porsche will resolve the issue and life will move on. What I am hoping is that Some people will get scared and pull out of thier sale. Freeing up a few for the rest of us...

So what do you guys think, will the Recall effect the demand for these cars so I can get my Dream car? Oh and bring hte price back from the stars to at least MSRP.

Last edited by Ken B; 02-20-2014 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 02-20-2014, 03:19 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken B
OK, I want a GT3 so bad I can't stand it. I don't care about the recall. Porsche will resolve the issue and life will mofe on. What I am hoping is that Some people will get scared and pull out of thier sale. Freeing up a few for the rest of us...

So what do you guys think, will the Recall effect the demand for these cars so I can get my Dream car? Oh and bring hte price back from the stars to at least MSRP.
In Dubai plenty have cancelled their orders prior to the recall news due to delays. I suspect even more cancellations will occur now.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

It wont have any impact what so ever. Only affects some cars already sold. Demand will stay the same.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:42 PM
Ken B
AutoX

Email sent
Old 02-20-2014, 03:48 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

please tell me people are not paying over sticker for these things?!
Old 02-20-2014, 03:50 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
please tell me people are not paying over sticker for these things?!
just $20k now down from $30k
Old 02-20-2014, 04:05 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 724 Likes on 396 Posts

I imagine there will be a number of cancelled orders.
I also imagine there will be new buyers lined up.

However, I think the days of paying over MSRP are now gone! No one can be that stupid!
Only time will tell.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:55 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
I imagine there will be a number of cancelled orders.
I also imagine there will be new buyers lined up.

However, I think the days of paying over MSRP are now gone! No one can be that stupid!
Only time will tell.
Ha. Not in California. One dealership tried to convince me that selling at MSRP would mean making a deal at a LOSS to the dealership...
Old 02-20-2014, 05:18 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

If there is a fundamental design flaw in the engine or car I could definitely see this having an effect on demand. OTOH, something as simple as a fastener, bracket, or what-have-you allowing an oil line to come loose will have no effect whatsoever.

If it's the latter, for every buyer who is foolish enough to cancel an order based on a precautionary recall, there will be another to take his/her place.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:23 PM
frayed
Race Car

Mine's built and I haven't wavered. Just getting a little impatient and not terribly impressed by PAG's handling of the matter in terms of keeping people apprised of the situation.

If it turned out that my engine needed open heart surgery and they knocked the rev limit down 200, then I'd likely pass. But not for a leaky hose.

Mike is yours back at the dealer?

I'd likely hold onto mine and leave it in my garage till the parts came in rather than let it sit for weeks at the dealer in an uncovered parking lot.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:35 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed

I'd likely hold onto mine and leave it in my garage till the parts came in rather than let it sit for weeks at the dealer in an uncovered parking lot.
+1
Old 02-20-2014, 05:41 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Well said, @Mike in CA.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:05 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
Mine's built and I haven't wavered. Just getting a little impatient and not terribly impressed by PAG's handling of the matter in terms of keeping people apprised of the situation.

If it turned out that my engine needed open heart surgery and they knocked the rev limit down 200, then I'd likely pass. But not for a leaky hose.

Mike is yours back at the dealer?

frayed, Porsche called about 20 minutes ago. The rep offered to have the car flat-bedded to the dealer or I could keep it at home. I chose the latter; no point in having the car sit at the dealer when they don't know when they will have a fix in place or most importantly, whether my car is even involved. At this point, it seems Porsche are operating with an overabundance of caution. I'm obviously unhappy about not being able to drive the car but I have to say that I've had issues with recalls and such in the past and have never received this kind personalized attention.

Just in general since the subject came up elsewhere, I asked about compensation if the car is out of service for any length of time, especially since I paid cash for mine. He indicated that is something that will definitely be discussed internally at Porsche. But as of right now PCNA is awaiting word from the Fatherland on just what exactly is the issue.

I guess we've all become waiters again....at least I can go out in the garage, sit in the car and listen to the stereo or make vroom-vroom noises.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:10 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 359 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
...at least I can go out in the garage, sit in the car and listen to the stereo or make vroom-vroom noises.

That's the spirit Mike!
Old 02-20-2014, 06:13 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
frayed, Porsche called about 20 minutes ago. The rep offered to have the car flat-bedded to the dealer or I could keep it at home. I chose the latter; no point in having the car sit at the dealer when they don't know when they will have a fix in place or most importantly, whether my car is even involved. At this point, it seems Porsche are operating with an overabundance of caution. I'm obviously unhappy about not being able to drive the car but I have to say that I've had issues with recalls and such in the past and have never received this kind personalized attention.

Just in general since the subject came up elsewhere, I asked about compensation if the car is out of service for any length of time, especially since I paid cash for mine. He indicated that is something that will definitely be discussed internally at Porsche. But as of right now PCNA is awaiting word from the Fatherland on just what exactly is the issue.

I guess we've all become waiters again....at least I can go out in the garage, sit in the car and listen to the stereo or make vroom-vroom noises.
You could ask if you can have open visiting hours to come do vroom vroom at the shop?
You paid for it right, at least you can make believe GT3 driving...

Quick Reply: Will the Recall Curtail demand for the GT3?