Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 09:23 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 69 Posts

Pathetic that owners with cars they cant drive HOPE that Porsche offers free maintenance as compensation/insurance

FYI, BMW offers free maintenance (not just oil changes, but rotors/pads/fluid, etc) for 4 years on every car; Ferrari now offers 7 years

Bill
Old 03-20-2014, 09:24 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
I would like to see this happen, to insulate us early adopters. I don't love the idea of the 2014 production run being so short, with the 2015's coming shortly, and the inevitable stigma attached to 2014's for at least the near future...I am expecting an extended warranty, included service/maintenance as part of the compensation, to boost its value when we go to trade it in. I had a 2011 Cayenne Turbo that needed a new engine after 13k miles and when I went to trade it in on the 2013 Cayenne Turbo, the used car manager even mentioned the new engine as a negative...My response was that he could not dock me any value as it was Porsche who replaced it under warranty - but he was trying to give me less for it based on that...I can see that happening...He backed down when I told him whatever he was docking me should therefore come from Porsche...while he knew it made no material difference, he saw it as a negotiating tactic. Maybe I am dreaming, but I think they should offer the above and more to those of us who choose to keep our incredible cars...I am expecting Porsche to over-deliver on this issue. Anything less will be really disappointing. I personally have bought 7 new Porsches in the past three years and am the kind of customer that gets cars when they first come out ('08 Cayenne GTS, '09 C4S (997.2), 997 GTS, 991 Carrera S, Panamera Turbo, Cayenne Turbo - almost all in first model years) - this treatment will really dictate my future behavior - if not treated well as an early adopter, I will not be happy. I am sure Porsche is taking this into account with us, the early adopters, no matter how many cars we have bought from them, as it is the right thing to do to keep our future business. Jeff
Yep. With you, Jeff.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:27 PM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PORSCHE if you are listening. 785 is not a large number. Dont count your beans on these guys and really take care of them. Show what a world class operation you have and go to press and brag about it. Announce something that will blow everyone mind to set a new standard. We are counting on it.

If you guys want to tell porsche this, attach the above to your post and make sure porsche sees it.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:28 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dude-
PORSCHE if you are listening. 785 is not a large number. Dont count your beans on these guys and really take care of them. Show what a world class operation you have and go to press and brag about it. Announce something that will blow everyone mind to set a new standard. We are counting on it. If you guys want to tell porsche this, attach the above to your post and make sure porsche sees it.
+785
Old 03-20-2014, 09:30 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Everyone is making good points and voicing valid concerns. There are actions Porsche can take so that owners of 2014 cars come out of this whole. The one thing we know for certain is that we will get a new engine and that is a solid first step. But the compensation not just for the for-certain loss of use issues, but also for possible resale concerns, whether real or perceived, is crucial. I'd really don't want to wait another 9-12 months for another car, but I do want and expect Porsche to make this right.

As Bluehinder mentioned in the other thread, it's important that we keep the lines of communication among us open.

And just saw Dude's comment....absolutely ++++
Old 03-20-2014, 09:32 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Everyone is making good points and voicing valid concerns. There are actions Porsche can take so that owners of 2014 cars come out of this whole. The one thing we know for certain is that we will get a new engine and that is a solid first step. But the compensation not just for the for-certain loss of use issues, but also for possible resale concerns, whether real or perceived, is crucial. I'd really don't want to wait another 9-12 months for a car, but I do want and expect Porsche to make this right. As Bluehinder mentioned in the other thread, it's important that we keep the lines of communication among us open. And +1 to Dude's comment....
Agreed!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:33 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

Finally there seems to be a solution offered. Insane that it took so long.

Its so simple;
Extended warranty and maintenance plans for all GT3's 2014 and 2015 and a 20% discount to compensate for the depreciation loss on all 2015's. In 2016 there will be a .2GT3 and it wont suffer the depreciation that the 2014 and 2015's will suffer because Porsche will have all the 2014's to sell.

For those who already have their car and are stuck with a 2014 that they did not even get to drive until the 2015's go on sale Porsche should just take them back and give them 2015's with 20% off or a 40% cash back.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:34 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Everyone is making good points and voicing valid concerns. There are actions Porsche can take so that owners of 2014 cars come out of this whole. The one thing we know for certain is that we will get a new engine and that is a solid first step. But the compensation not just for the for-certain loss of use issues, but also for possible resale concerns, whether real or perceived, is crucial. I'd really don't want to wait another 9-12 months for another car, but I do want and expect Porsche to make this right.

As Bluehinder mentioned in the other thread, it's important that we keep the lines of communication among us open.

And just saw Dude's comment....absolutely ++++
Agreed, Mike!!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:35 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Finally there seems to be a solution offered. Insane that it took so long.

Its so simple;
Extended warranty and maintenance plans for all GT3's 2014 and 2015 and a 20% discount to compensate for the depreciation loss on all 2015's. In 2016 there will be a .2GT3 and it wont suffer the depreciation that the 2014 and 2015's will suffer because Porsche will have all the 2014's to sell.

For those who already have their car and are stuck with a 2014 that they did not even get to drive until the 2015's go on sale Porsche should just take them back and give them 2015's with 20% off or a 40% cash back.
I'll have a double of whatever you have been drinking, Peter!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:36 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

the "middle children" segment must also include the cars that are in production...which I assume are still MY'14s?

Originally Posted by 0Q991
I hear you, Larry.

But, as an owner (delivery) has reported being offered $242 per day from the date of the Stop Sale, and now knowing that they have effectively ended 2014 production, my hope is that they take care of such owners (as they are by far the most deserving), but also realize that the other bunch is being put in a bad position.

Guys in pre production get a 2015MY. Delay is horrible, but they get a car without stigma and fix on the line.

Guys who beat us for delivery had to shell out cash, but anything close to the $242 per day goes a long way to rectify loss of use and potential loss in value.

The "middle children" are the ones at port. You are totally right, they could say "here's a warranty, take it or leave it...and if you leave if, someone will step up to take it." I'm just HOPING that Porsche will do something to bridge that gap.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:38 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Just got word from the PCNA director of ED through my sales rep that no GT3s will be delivered the month of April. I still have no confirmed date for pick up but at a minimum now May. Car is supposed to be completed in the next few days but no VIN assigned so all up in the air.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:40 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

So,what Silverrules is suggesting is that PAG is trying to wash their hands of the 2014s? That would be a mistake and I don't think it will happen. You guys won't allow such an approach! I agree with everyone,PAG needs to step up ASAP and make things right for the early adopters!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:42 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by GTEE3
the "middle children" segment must also include the cars that are in production...which I assume are still MY'14s?
Yes. Absolutely. Middle children are MY2014 that have never been delivered.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:54 PM
Porsche997s
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a March allocation with a May delivery. I have been informed by my dealer that he has been asked to cancel that order and renter a new order for MY2015 build. When this whole thing started I was suspicious that PAG would screw us all. In retrospect all decisions made by PAG to date have been in our best interest. It's unfortunate that the issue occurred, but the decision to stop sale, replace engines, provide loaner vehicle and make all future production MY 2015 are all examples of decisions make in our best interest. What everyone is still fretting about are the decisions that have not been made. Which is compensation for not being able to drive your car and the incremental depreciation from an engine swap. Let's give them the benefit of doubt until such time that those decisions are made ... Just my $.02 meanwhile just stick together as an owners group and negotiate in good faith.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:56 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Porsche997s
I have a March allocation with a May delivery. I have been informed by my dealer that he has been asked to cancel that order and renter a new order for MY2015 build. When this whole thing started I was suspicious that PAG would screw us all. In retrospect all decisions made by PAG to date have been in our best interest. It's unfortunate that the issue occurred, but the decision to stop sale, replace engines, provide loaner vehicle and make all future production MY 2015 are all examples of decisions make in our best interest. What everyone is still fretting about are the decisions that have not been made. Which is compensation for not being able to drive your car and the incremental depreciation from an engine swap. Let's give them the benefit of doubt until such time that those decisions are made ... Just my $.02 meanwhile just stick together as an owners group and negotiate in good faith.
Agreed. I've voiced my thoughts. Now, a waiting game to see what is offered.

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?