Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 01:43 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Just saw this on German Forum:
"War gerade im PZ. Dort sagte man mir, dass voraussichtlich alle Aggregate von allen 991GT3's getauscht werden!"
"Was just in the PZ. (Porsche Zentrum aka Porsche Center aka Dealer) They told me that all aggregates expected to be exchanged in all 991 GT3's!"

Meaning all engines. We will see if this is true on Monday

Last edited by rubbaman; 03-15-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:13 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats this mean..?
or more speculation..

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...314-34r6v.html

.Hmm. if they replace the entire engine, for a bolt. .wish they could add something cool like more HP while they at it. Who knows.. I'm just a customer who likes fast cars and bikes..
Attached Images  
Old 03-15-2014, 02:16 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,022 Likes on 477 Posts

well isn't this all fine and dandy!
Old 03-15-2014, 02:21 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

All due respect to the Australian Porsche spokesperson, but each region has had or given slightly different info. I'll lean more towards the info from Germany and PCNA, both having said that the issue and solution have been identified and are undergoing final tests. Could it be "months?" Yes. But what that means is also speculation. Is it months before the first car is fixed and on the road? Or is it months before all cars are fixed and production catches up for all lost time? Too much to assume at this point. More info is on the way, hopefully (I will no longer say "likely") on Monday.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:22 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
ur right.
the real and the only engine company.
too bad they nit interested in low volume premium mkts ugh
Hondas makes great motors. Stick an accusump u pretty much run all day. It was a sad day when s2000 went out of production. Effing great car. Mike
Old 03-15-2014, 02:35 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
All due respect to the Australian Porsche spokesperson, but each region has had or given slightly different info. I'll lean more towards the info from Germany and PCNA, both having said that the issue and solution have been identified and are undergoing final tests. Could it be "months?" Yes. But what that means is also speculation. Is it months before the first car is fixed and on the road? Or is it months before all cars are fixed and production catches up for all lost time? Too much to assume at this point. More info is on the way, hopefully (I will no longer say "likely") on Monday.
Well it's not going to be days.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:39 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
Well it's not going to be days.
Agreed that it will take time--no one has said it will be mere days. Simply stating that "will take months" is up for interpretation with regards to what it means.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:50 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Operative word is still "month", but I know what you mean.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:53 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Aren't you all forgetting something?

The two cars that caught fire had less than 100 miles on them. All the cars produced before them have many more miles on them including track miles and they did not have rod failure. I doubt the cars that caught fire revved to 9000 and if they did it would not have been often. So why did they fail and not the others?

Regarding the reason for the delayed announcement I believe it is related to the team solving the problem and not company lawyers. I have no doubt they know what the problem is and the fix but are not comfortable announcing until they had more time to test. As we all have said, they only get one shoot at the fix. If it fails again, they will have to buy back all the cars and in the process badly damage the invincible aura of German engineering and Porsche reliability.
Your first point is very well taken.

As to the second, I believe the testing has been completed or they wouldn't have committed to an announcement, but there are many details to be worked out with regard to all of the issues surrounding the timing and implementation of the fix and compensatory measures. Assuming this really will be a "substantive" announcement, they needed a couple of more days to dot all the I's, cross all the T's, and make sure everyone is on board at the top of the organization. Just my $.02.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:53 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Your first point is very well taken.

As to the second, I believe the testing has been completed or they wouldn't have committed to an announcement, but there are many details to be worked out with regard to all of the issues surrounding the timing and implementation of the fix and compensatory measures. Assuming this really will be a "substantive" announcement, they needed a couple of more days to dot all the I's, cross all the T's, and make sure everyone is on board at the top of the organization. Just my $.02.
Mike, I don't believe they will have a all fits one compensation program. It will be individualized. The reason for what I believe is a premature announcement as to the fix Monday is PCNA in trying to respond to the intense pressure from their customer base last week committed to an update which Porsche in German is not ready for.

The pressure became more pronounce during this week. Porsche PCNA does monitor this board as well as others. I know this for a fact. So PCNA had to say something.

My view is we will not not get anything from Porsche Monday which will tell us when we will get our cars back or delivered. They will tell us where they are focusing, testing and possible solutions. Once their test result are confirmed they will advise us of the implementation process.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:04 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I think compensation will be the same, regardless of how you paid for your car or what track commitments one made, etc. Otherwise, they would open themselves for a headache they don't need.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree one size will not fit all. Reason, there are 4 types of customers:

1. Those that have cars
2. Those that cars are at the dealer, port or on a boat but have not paid for the car.
3. Those that have cars in production and a deposit on the car.
4. Those that have a confirmed order, production has not started but they have paid a deposit.

They will,treat each group differently.

If I was Porsche I would treat the customers in priority above.

I have skin in this and am in group 3 above.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:06 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked

Agree one size will not fit all. Reason, there are 4 types of customers:

1. Those that have cars
2. Those that cars are at the dealer, port or on a boat but have not paid for the car.
3. Those that have cars in production and a deposit on the car.
4. Those that have a confirmed order, production has not started but they have paid a deposit.

They will,treat each group differently.

If I was Porsche I would treat the customers in priority above.

I have skin in this and am in group 3 above.
I agree with that and should have clarified. That said, I would be surprised if they treat individuals within each group differently.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:16 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^ Group 2, check book firmly in pocket at the moment...
Old 03-15-2014, 04:18 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I think compensation will be the same, regardless of how you paid for your car or what track commitments one made, etc. Otherwise, they would open themselves for a headache they don't need.
It will be free chalupa coupons for everyone to be picked up at Porsche dealership network unless you specifically asked for your coupon to be mailed to your house.

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?