Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for sharing, @Arth!
Old 02-09-2014, 03:39 PM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Arth
Hey Macca,

Thanks for the feedback. the Mic i have is pretty High( Audio technica) end so im not sure replacing it will make it any better.

could it be it doesn't sound that loud due to the fact that im shifting so early. the valves are barely opening up before im shifting up a gear.... im not sure.

i guess ill just have to wait till i can actually redline and then see how loud it sounds..

yeh it is a petty i'm not redlining but i've decided this is the way I want to break her in and i've only got around 1,000 KM left. By the 28th Track day( was supposed to be 21st) I should be good to go all the way.

Thanks again
Sounds lovely, Arth! And that's my favorite road in the UAE too! Which is why I went there today to start my running in period. And had a blast, notwithstanding my 6,000 RPM rev limit.

And we're aligned on the track preferences in the region. Yas' surroundings are amazing, yet the track consists of mostly 90 degrees turns, which is rather boring. Contrastingly, the Dubai Autodrome is a challenging circuit surrounded by, uhm, nothing really.

Let's go back to Fujeirah this weekend. Saturday?
Old 02-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

Get your hands on a pair of Google glasses. A fabulous way to video a drive.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:08 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Very true--in terms of POV. But can also have a "Blair Witch Project" feel if a longer video.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:16 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Arth. Yes I suspect its just the max rpm thing, but maybe also the mic needs to be a little distance from the exhausts or it will distort once you get to 8500-9000 rpm. Its pretty loud back there Id think. The interior is at lower volume (i.e. at 4000 rpm the rear db is 96 and the interior is 74) but as the rpm increases the volume certainly filters through the cabin.

I have my Go Pro Hero3 set to medium frame 1080 (48 fps). I use the plastic frame surround ("The Frame") and the extended battery pac with Wifi on and activate the unit form the wifi remove (now on my keyfob) so I can activate on and off at will without taking my eyes off the road. The gopro and frame are mounted to the rear roll cage as you have using the roll cage mount.

I have now bout the 3.5mm mic adaptor (the short GoPro one) and the Sony ESC mic which will b attached to the back of the extended pack and pick up better quality (and higher sensitivity) sound facing rear window. Given the volume I already achieved without the addition directed mic on my existing videos (especially above 5500) I think that will be just right.

P.S. with a 32 gb card and the extended battery and new wifi patch I can get around 1.2-1.5 hrs record time at my settings from the set up.

Not sure if any of this is useful....
Attached Images  
Old 02-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Nick. All the footage from these I have seen seems quite poor. Maybe its the compression onto Youtube. What is the native resolution?
Old 02-09-2014, 10:57 PM
Arth
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTom77
Sounds lovely, Arth! And that's my favorite road in the UAE too! Which is why I went there today to start my running in period. And had a blast, notwithstanding my 6,000 RPM rev limit. And we're aligned on the track preferences in the region. Yas' surroundings are amazing, yet the track consists of mostly 90 degrees turns, which is rather boring. Contrastingly, the Dubai Autodrome is a challenging circuit surrounded by, uhm, nothing really. Let's go back to Fujeirah this weekend. Saturday?
Hey TomTom,

Thanks for the compliments.

That road was awesome I have it admit. Being the first time in it though I had absolutely no idea what's as around the corners so was really taking it easy.

Congrats on your car speciale and can't wait to see her.

Saturday is perfect for me for a fujierah run.

Let's do it.

Cheers
Old 02-09-2014, 11:04 PM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by Macca
Arth. Yes I suspect its just the max rpm thing, but maybe also the mic needs to be a little distance from the exhausts or it will distort once you get to 8500-9000 rpm. Its pretty loud back there Id think. The interior is at lower volume (i.e. at 4000 rpm the rear db is 96 and the interior is 74) but as the rpm increases the volume certainly filters through the cabin. I have my Go Pro Hero3 set to medium frame 1080 (48 fps). I use the plastic frame surround ("The Frame") and the extended battery pac with Wifi on and activate the unit form the wifi remove (now on my keyfob) so I can activate on and off at will without taking my eyes off the road. The gopro and frame are mounted to the rear roll cage as you have using the roll cage mount. I have now bout the 3.5mm mic adaptor (the short GoPro one) and the Sony ESC mic which will b attached to the back of the extended pack and pick up better quality (and higher sensitivity) sound facing rear window. Given the volume I already achieved without the addition directed mic on my existing videos (especially above 5500) I think that will be just right. P.S. with a 32 gb card and the extended battery and new wifi patch I can get around 1.2-1.5 hrs record time at my settings from the set up. Not sure if any of this is useful....
Macca, thanks for the detailed reply.

I have thought about it as well and I thunk your fight ,that if the mic is too close to the exhaust this might cause issue with picking up the sound

In my next trip( this Saturday) I will give it a go

Equipment I'm using

2 gopro hero 3's
Skeleton frame for exterior mic
Regular frame for interior mic
Roll cage mount for one gopro
Suction cup for the other gopro
External audio technica microphone with suction cup mount
3.5mm gopro cable
Wifi remote hooked up to both gopro's for start/stop recording with eyes on the road

Let's see how it turns out. Just need to redline already

Cheers
Old 02-09-2014, 11:05 PM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by Nick
Ima cut ally trying to find those here in the UAE. Easier said than done.

Might just order them online if I continue to be unsuccessfull.

Cheers
Old 02-10-2014, 11:49 AM
Checkmate
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 45 Posts

Great Video Arth! I know you were massaging the throttle due to the break-in period. Can't wait to see you redline the beast with the same Audio + Video set up man!
Old 02-10-2014, 01:38 PM
jhene
Track Day

Thanks Arth for posting the video of our drive together last weekend, was great !
@Chaps, Arth and myself got our cars here in Dubai the same day on 22nd Jan. We passed already the 1000 km-mark and tracked our cars already twice. One time within the Trackday of Porsche Club UAE on YAS Marina F1 Circuit Abu Dhabi and once at Autodrome Dubai. However due to the break in period we reeved only till approx. 5000rpm.......but now continuously increasing.
Absolute superb car......all what has been reported and described by you guys so far is absolute true, the best car I have ever driven. I feel the rear wheel steering quite significant.....but positive......the car hits into corners so directly especially when driving narrow mountain roads as Arth and me did some days ago.
Am posting some pics I took so far from the excursion and from the Track.
Everyone who has already the GT3 please enjoy and for those who still wait for the delivery.......it's worth to wait even when there is some delay. Arth and myself had to wait nearly 4 months more than expected / initially scheduled due to the known delays and technical issues from factory side. Cheers, J.
Attached Images      
Old 02-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by Checkmate
Great Video Arth! I know you were massaging the throttle due to the break-in period. Can't wait to see you redline the beast with the same Audio + Video set up man!
Thanks checkmate Almost there buddy. Should be done soon with it and then it's all the way to 9k Cheers

Last edited by Arth; 02-10-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:54 PM
mshahidz
Advanced

Oh how I wish those carbon seat were available here...

Congrats on the car, looks fantastic!
Old 03-03-2014, 02:51 AM
OG911
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Your car looks amazing. Congratulations.

It took me a whole year to order 2013 C2S in white. I am definately doing GT3 next!

I used to worry about not having things like sunroof , back seats .. burmeister! but i guess GT3 is a different experience. Enjoy it in good health. Hope you having fun in Dubai.. its my one of my favourate spots.. i stop there every time i travel to Europe from Australia

I am saving all your car pictures!
Old 03-03-2014, 04:09 AM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by OG911
Your car looks amazing. Congratulations. It took me a whole year to order 2013 C2S in white. I am definately doing GT3 next! I used to worry about not having things like sunroof , back seats .. burmeister! but i guess GT3 is a different experience. Enjoy it in good health. Hope you having fun in Dubai.. its my one of my favourate spots.. i stop there every time i travel to Europe from Australia I am saving all your car pictures!
Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately it has been a rough 2 weeks without the car now.

Panamera quickly gets old and boring.

I'm about to miss this weekends Yas track day if no announcement is made soon and that would really be NOT cool!

Let me know the next time your passing by Dubai.

Cheers

Quick Reply: My GT3