Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My GT3

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 10:26 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats guys. cool pictures. We are sitting here waiting on the boat to take off for our March delivery so we are living though you guys. Video's would be awesome of both cars. Enjoy it while it last is all I can say.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:01 PM
green
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Arth

I'll also be writing up a review about the new Gt3 both on track and off once I've had some more time in it on both.

Comparison between the 458 speciale and gt3 is definitely in the works with Tom and I

Cheers
subscribed
Old 02-06-2014, 12:40 AM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by Checkmate
Congrats Arth! Please post more pics and if possible a Go Pro Video of your car at the track. Can't have enough of GT3 videos. Would also appreciate an ownership review a few months down to better educate the community (especially folks like me considering getting one)
Hi checkmate, I've got some gopro footage from the last trackday but unfortunately I had hooked the gopro all wrong and all you hear is crackling noises. Really horrible.

Got it all sorted now.

I've got a track day coming up in 10 days and will be posting footage from that here. There should be 3 GT3's 991 on that track day as well as TomTom's 458 speciale if I can convince him

Should be great fun

Watch this space

Cheers Arth
Old 02-06-2014, 01:59 AM
Elephant Chuck
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Already on the track, good on you.

I'm envious that you have the rollbar and race seats. Not in the US. Else our cars look similar.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:18 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a track day coming up in 10 days and will be posting footage from that here. There should be 3 GT3's 991 on that track day as well as TomTom's 458 speciale if I can convince him
Convinced already! If I'm in town and can find some time, I'm in!
Old 02-06-2014, 10:22 AM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by TomTom77
Convinced already! If I'm in town and can find some time, I'm in!
now were talkinn !!
Old 02-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Really...
Old 02-06-2014, 06:11 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This should be good.... (!)
Old 02-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Checkmate
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 45 Posts

Hi checkmate, I've got some gopro footage from the last trackday but unfortunately I had hooked the gopro all wrong and all you hear is crackling noises. Really horrible.

Got it all sorted now.

Should be great fun

Watch this space

Cheers Arth
Arth-

My advise would to mount your go-pro behind the drivers seat if possible and hook the go-pro cam with the Audio Technica 3350, a mic with 20ft cable. The mic can be attached to the rear bumper (just above your exhaust).

You need the following accessories (If you're using GoPro 3)-

http://gopro.com/camera-accessories/...eleton-housing
http://gopro.com/camera-accessories/3-5mm-mic-adapter

Here's a great video that only picks up exhaust noise:

Old 02-07-2014, 11:13 PM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by Checkmate
Arth- My advise would to mount your go-pro behind the drivers seat if possible and hook the go-pro cam with the Audio Technica 3350, a mic with 20ft cable. The mic can be attached to the rear bumper (just above your exhaust). You need the following accessories (If you're using GoPro 3)- http://gopro.com/camera-accessories/...eleton-housing http://gopro.com/camera-accessories/3-5mm-mic-adapter Here's a great video that only picks up exhaust noise: Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcHhq8aop90
Thanks checkmate.

After that trackday I went out and baught all the stuff you had mentioned in your post except a different kind if audio technica microphone. So surprised when I was reading your post and how close the items you mentioned were compared to what I had gotten.

Anyway heading out for a drive today and I plan on using the equipment. Will post some pics and vids later this afternoon or early tomorrow morning

Cheers Arth
Old 02-09-2014, 01:34 AM
Arth
Racer

Well that's the link to a little drive we took over the weekend

2 GT3's just having some fun

Please note that we are both still breaking in the cars and thus only reaching a maximum of 5.5k RPM

So this might not be the most exciting , hi reving, blow your socks off video out there. Just wanted to share and try out the new mic I purchased.

Microphone is placed right next to the exhaust so that's what your hearing.

I'm going to experiment a bit more with placement to see what I can get.

Let me know what you guys think
Old 02-09-2014, 05:56 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Good stuff Arth. As an observation the mic placement didnt seem alot louder than my internal Youtude clips from Dec in Europe. Ive just upgraded to a quality Sony ESC mike so will see if that helps improve it further. Long fast roads there. What a shame you keep below 5500 rpm!
Old 02-09-2014, 08:49 AM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Arth,

Congratulation on your new GT3. Most be alot of fun to track your car on an F1 circuit. Yaz looks spectacular!
Old 02-09-2014, 09:45 AM
Arth
Racer

Hey Macca,

Thanks for the feedback. the Mic i have is pretty High( Audio technica) end so im not sure replacing it will make it any better.

could it be it doesn't sound that loud due to the fact that im shifting so early. the valves are barely opening up before im shifting up a gear.... im not sure.

i guess ill just have to wait till i can actually redline and then see how loud it sounds..

yeh it is a petty i'm not redlining but i've decided this is the way I want to break her in and i've only got around 1,000 KM left. By the 28th Track day( was supposed to be 21st) I should be good to go all the way.

Thanks again
Old 02-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Arth
Racer

hi Breakdust,

thanks for the congratulations.

Yup driving on the Yas F1 circuit is really something special. especially since we do it at night!!

but the Dubai autodrome is actually my favorite circuit. its got a lot of elevation sections as well and two "bowls" that are very technical. love that circuit.

cheers

Quick Reply: My GT3