Sponsored by:

Wow 991 gt3

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 12:06 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,023 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
did you all miss the window for PTS? or just not fans?
Didn't want to wait for the PTS delays that were inevitable. The only PTS color I would have done would have been Grayblack but I really would only want that on an RS...or the incoming 960...
Old 01-07-2014, 03:46 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
What are popular Porsche colors.. Seems like the selection is pretty broad. A guy elsewhere on here mentioned gulf blue...
Like silverrules said Mexico/Rivera blue seems to be popular. Check with resident PTS expert - Eduardo (Z356). He is probably the single biggest expert on PTS.

Originally Posted by kencollinsjr
Sunnyr: that might be the shiniest black paint job in the history of mankind on your avatar. Helluva a detail.
Thanks . Funny things is it is not even black, it is basalt black. Magic of Cquartz finest protective coating. My regular details are actually pretty quick - spray shampoo, rinse, blow dry. No touching the paint as much as possible. Maintaining black is not as bad as people make it out to be.

ps. Sorry for the OT!
Old 01-07-2014, 04:57 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
I just can't justify over $5000 for PTS colors which would be free with any other brand. Anyway you put it, that is just a lot of money that you can't recoup later. Additionally, without being able to see what anybody else's car looks like, how do you know how I sorry Pete yes color would look before you order?
as for recoup of $$$, that's debatable (see RSs, both 3.8 and 4.0L)...and at $5500, in the grand scheme of things, not a lot of $$$ IMO

as for knowing what it looks like, order something you're familiar with, or have seen (Mexico Blue...Signal Green....Riviera)
Old 01-08-2014, 12:23 PM
NMM991
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by sunnyr
Like silverrules said Mexico/Rivera blue seems to be popular. Check with resident PTS expert - Eduardo (Z356). He is probably the single biggest expert on PTS.

Thanks . Funny things is it is not even black, it is basalt black. Magic of Cquartz finest protective coating. My regular details are actually pretty quick - spray shampoo, rinse, blow dry. No touching the paint as much as possible. Maintaining black is not as bad as people make it out to be.

ps. Sorry for the OT!
I love black (see my basalt black 997.2 GT3) but you don't live in the northeast - car up here are effectively sand blasted with all the crap on the roads.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:08 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by sunnyr

ps. Sorry for the OT!
what do you use for the blow dry????
Old 01-08-2014, 04:37 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
what do you use for the blow dry????
An electric leaf blower like this one -
Amazon.com: Toro 51585 Power Sweep 7 amp 2-Speed Electric Blower: Patio, Lawn & Garden Amazon.com: Toro 51585 Power Sweep 7 amp 2-Speed Electric Blower: Patio, Lawn & Garden
. Just make sure to only do it immediately after you wash your car. And right where you wash your car. The water on the ground makes sure there are no flying dust particles.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:37 AM
RINGMEISTER27
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every color is so sexy on this GT3. I, who never would choose a white car, am seriously considering it. The wheel color leaves me a bit undecided between gray and black. Uuuuhh.

Both silvers are **** but my 997.1 GT3 is Arctic, my e36 M3 track car is Arctic and e92 M3 Frozen Gray.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:18 AM
JCL59
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by RINGMEISTER27
Every color is so sexy on this GT3. I, who never would choose a white car, am seriously considering it. The wheel color leaves me a bit undecided between gray and black. Uuuuhh.

Both silvers are **** but my 997.1 GT3 is Arctic, my e36 M3 track car is Arctic and e92 M3 Frozen Gray.
Optional silver wheels will not be a common choice imo...
This will be my third gt car white on silver, never dates
love the look since I saw that brand new 964 3.8 rsr and every white cup since!
Old 01-09-2014, 10:45 AM
RINGMEISTER27
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCL59
Optional silver wheels will not be a common choice imo... This will be my third gt car white on silver, never dates love the look since I saw that brand new 964 3.8 rsr and every white cup since!
Yes, a very clean and racey combo. Pic request please!
Old 01-10-2014, 09:46 AM
NMM991
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JCL59
Optional silver wheels will not be a common choice imo...
This will be my third gt car white on silver, never dates
love the look since I saw that brand new 964 3.8 rsr and every white cup since!
Do you have a good photo of the silver wheel option? I am thinking about these with GT Silver, but if they don't coordinate I'd be better off with grey or black.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:57 AM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 205 Posts

-- for me, the win for color choice goes to white - i've had far too many grey variations of all my cars, simply due to the fact that they are low maintenance for exterior cleaning - i'll deal with the white, if i ever get the chance/allocation

-- silly question: i take it, nobody runs these babies thru the car wash, do they ?

-- since i believe thats mostly, if not completely true, what are the exact tools of the trade for a wash on the driveway....soft brush with soapy water, followed by some sham-wow ?
Old 01-16-2014, 11:30 PM
kencollinsjr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Karl Leonard: any more pics of the GT Silver GT3 for us? I know sgroer and I in Atlanta are both hot and heavy over the GT Silver, but I'm still on the fence w/ that and white and I think he's debating Basalt Black. Can you send us over the edge w/ more temptation and also, I'd love to hear your thoughts in the flesh about that color silver vs. others you've seen in various lighting types. Thanks!
Old 01-17-2014, 12:01 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by kencollinsjr
Karl Leonard: any more pics of the GT Silver GT3 for us? I know sgroer and I in Atlanta are both hot and heavy over the GT Silver, but I'm still on the fence w/ that and white and I think he's debating Basalt Black. Can you send us over the edge w/ more temptation and also, I'd love to hear your thoughts in the flesh about that color silver vs. others you've seen in various lighting types. Thanks!
I'm OVER the edge, completely smitten with GT silver. No goin' back for me! This set of pics did me in...
http://www.autogespot.com/porsche-99...014/01/12#img1

Lock date is T-29 days.

Also, FYI, they have a used GT silver 2013 991 in stock at Hennessy. Helped me with my decision making.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:13 AM
kencollinsjr
Rennlist Member

sgroer: thanks for letting me know - i've asked Hennessy and Jim Ellis to call me when they first take delivery. let me say that i absolutely HATE white cars in general, but there's something about the white gt3 w/ yellow PCCBs and yellow belts that just "pops" in a way other cars don't. everyone i know is telling me to get a color like gray/silver but this forum has beat into my head that it's a color reserved for normal 911s. ugh. i'm the one writing the check and i never should've asked friends/family for input. everyone has a different thought.

i'm 90% sure i'm doing GT Silver. i just need to make friends w/ someone in atlanta who will let me come admire their white GT3 occasionally.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:15 AM
kencollinsjr
Rennlist Member

sgroer: are you doing black PDLS too? btw, i much prefer the yellow pccbs on the gray/silver cars.

Quick Reply: Wow 991 gt3