Sponsored by:

Production has begun!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 09:51 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by 991GT3

Congrats Allan! Enjoy it in the best health. And please share some pics!
Saw the other white GT3 at Hennessy today. It was getting clearbra applied. First time I saw one in person. WOW!!!
Old 01-10-2014, 11:30 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by gskudlarick
Heard some videos of these running on the street w/ Sharkwerks bypass..
Here you go... weather isn't helping but there will be more to come:
Old 01-11-2014, 12:53 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

-Sharkster--
Excellent.. thx.. Hope you got some CAli videos coming soon. Amazing an IL/MI guy got this up first in the snow..
Old 01-11-2014, 12:56 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Mike & JCH, no truck yet I would call the receptionist and ask if there is a big A$$$ truck parked up front. That's just me at my worse. Saturday's are perfect for taking delivery.

any minute now guys
Old 01-11-2014, 12:59 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

"Your car's done at the port" .. "It needs only to be transported to our store"

--Dang, my dealer is awesome.. trying not to bug him but had to ask this am.. This is torture, but kind of fun.. guess done at port means done customs and that PDI thing or what ever it is.. The less I know the better.. I like the guy who says.. 'They just show up at the showroom'
Old 01-11-2014, 02:20 PM
Leilani Rios
Advanced

Originally Posted by gskudlarick
"Your car's done at the port" .. "It needs only to be transported to our store" --Dang, my dealer is awesome.. trying not to bug him but had to ask this am.. This is torture, but kind of fun.. guess done at port means done customs and that PDI thing or what ever it is.. The less I know the better.. I like the guy who says.. 'They just show up at the showroom'
McKenna porsche Norwalk has a GT3 at the dealer with the owner picking it up around 1. Shouldn't that mean that our cars should be at the dealers.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:23 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Leilani Rios
McKenna porsche Norwalk has a GT3 at the dealer with the owner picking it up around 1. Shouldn't that mean that our cars should be at the dealers.
Completely agree - nuts. What color is the McKenna car? Might swing by to look at it for fun. Lucky customer!
Old 01-11-2014, 02:31 PM
Leilani Rios
Advanced

Originally Posted by JCBH
Completely agree - nuts. What color is the McKenna car? Might swing by to look at it for fun. Lucky customer!
It's Black.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:36 PM
exile330
5th Gear

Black with pccb? i need to go down there and take a look.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:39 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes w PCCB. They should have a white car there too.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Leilani Rios
Advanced

Yes PCCB

Name:  image-3165605137.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  86.2 KB
Old 01-11-2014, 02:50 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats to all of you getting your cars!!!

Must be crazy exciting.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Mike & JCH, no truck yet I would call the receptionist and ask if there is a big A$$$ truck parked up front. That's just me at my worse. Saturday's are perfect for taking delivery.

any minute now guys
Yesterday my sales guy confirmed our speculation about the transport issue. According to him an "informed source" told him that Porsche does in fact ship the cars in special transporters and waits to have a full load for a given area before sending the truck. He also said that all cars in San Diego he was aware of had been released for transport, including mine. The next boat isn't due for quite a while so he doesn't see how they could hold the cars in port much longer, regardless of the transporter situation.

That said, the next point at which he'll know anything is when the truck shows up at his doorstep, and he will then be on the phone to me. So it could be today, tomorrow, next week, or god only knows.

Just sitting by the phone, drumming my fingers, waiting for the call.....
Old 01-11-2014, 02:59 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Yesterday my sales guy confirmed our speculation about the transport issue. According to him an "informed source" told him that Porsche does in fact ship the cars in special transporters and waits to have a full load for a given area before sending the truck. He also said that all cars in San Diego he was aware of had been released for transport, including mine. The next boat isn't due for quite a while so he doesn't see how they could hold the cars in port much longer, regardless of the transporter situation.

That said, the next point at which he'll know anything is when the truck shows up at his doorstep, and he will then be on the phone to me. So it could be today, tomorrow, next week, or god only knows.

You and me both, brother.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:06 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA

My salesman just updated me that they tried to deliver GT3s to our dealership this morning but because their service dept is closed on weekends, they had to turn them away and they will deliver and PDI at the dealer on Monday. We assume mine was in the mix...exciting! Mike, yours must be also on its way...

Quick Reply: Production has begun!