Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What % if your PNW would a $150K GT3 purchase represent?
<5%
56.83%
5-10%
22.30%
10-15%
6.47%
15-20%
6.47%
20%+
7.91%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

What % of Net Wealth would a 991 GT3 purchase represent?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 12:58 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 453 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine-al
Like every other poll on rennlist, if you vote then you'll see the results. Or you can click the link to "view results".
Back again briefly...

Ah, you are 100% correct Alpine... my most humble apologies. Yes, people did click on the poll options which didn't show up on my side since I did not vote. Forgot that the poll results don't show up if you don't vote.

But, I still think it's a moronic poll, and really does not provide results that have even a hint of statistical significance.

OK, carry on....
Old 11-08-2013, 02:33 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i suppose as one of the "babies" at 32 yrs old, I fall in the category of a relatively low net worth (less than $3mn) but with escalating cash & income

I'm not a 991gt3 buyer, but I am on the list for the RS and yes, I will be paying cash.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:13 AM
P_collector
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
This has been a valuable poll so far for me so I do thank all 60 odd participants that have taken part.

Its very reassuring that 85% of buyers of new GT3 (be it the current 997 mode or the almost arrived 991 model) have spent less than 10% of the net wealth on this purchase. Its also interesting that 85% of participants have a self calculated net wealth of US$1.5M+ and that 61% have a net wealth of US$3.0M+

For me its shows that the majority of new GT3 buys are being sensible with this investment, paying cash most part and keeping the majority of their equity in other (hopefully appreciating) assets.

Cashflow & equity are two totally different things. Ive had mates get wealthy very quickly in terms of cashflwo, go and spend $MM on toys, holidays and luxuries then come unstuck again in business, a bad deal, stock market, GFC etc and have little if any equity at the end Then I also have friends earn 400K a year and dont seem to beable to save a dollar (due to high lifestyle costs, poor budgeting, saving and investment).

I suspect its the younger amongst us that are more concerned about purchase price to cashflow, and they may have better cashflow than the older of us with more assets. My guess is that the average age of ownership on this thread is probably around my age, 43...we need another poll for that....anyone?
Very good post Macca..but Im not so sure whether a poll where anybody can click what he wants on the www will deliver the correct results. In the 997 Gt3 days it was easy, the car wasnt availble for leasing (to my knowledge). So the case was clear, no cash downpayment = no car. Now with leasing available, anybody can have such a car, I know of people having bought Porsche´s..you would be shocked. With money being so cheaply available..and with only pre-financing cash downpayment of what 20%?..not difficult or?

The really rich people can afford to follow every fashion at any time..meaning, buying 991 turbo S..loosing 50% in three years, selling and buying afterwards 458 only to loose again 50%, if you can afford this game endlessly then youre not having any problems (I know people who can afford these games, but even they are not willing to this forever). I formyself, I wouldnt do it either, even if I had 10million cash in my account..but my "financial education" is old fashioned anyway (although I would be certainly among the younger ones).

I was raised in a way that, things you cant afford immediately with cash, you dont buy, but I know, if everybody was thinking this way, our economies would be dead-- and therefore I would certainly not qualify for being the head of the ECB or the FED..
Old 11-08-2013, 06:19 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,268 Likes on 2,436 Posts

Regarding statistical validity, we can't necessarily infer that the poll results are representative of RLers, potential/actual 991 GT3 buyers, or any other group other than those who responded to the poll, and even there respondents didn't necessarily give accurate responses. So the poll results must be taken with a substantial grain of salt.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:04 AM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

agree w/ Cuda911...
Old 11-08-2013, 02:05 PM
mtuttle
Advanced

I'm a new member...so I hesitate to select this topic for my first response...but this poll is ridiculous! Does anyone here care how much money someone else has? It's a passion that drives us all to buy this car. It doesn't matter whether you are able to pay cash, lease or finance. It's an individual choice as to the level of sacrifice one is willing to make to have this car.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Not sure what all the angst is about. The poll is anonymous so no one knows how much anyone else is worth. No one was forced to participate. There will be no decisions made based on it's results. It's just a point of discussion. What's the problem?
Old 11-08-2013, 02:20 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Not sure what all the angst is about. The poll is anonymous so no one knows how much anyone else is worth. No one was forced to participate. There will be no decisions made based on it's results. It's just point of discussion. What's the problem?
+1

Originally Posted by BBMGT3
i suppose as one of the "babies" at 32 yrs old, I fall in the category of a relatively low net worth (less than $3mn) but with escalating cash & income

I'm not a 991gt3 buyer, but I am on the list for the RS and yes, I will be paying cash.
I just had to add that I thought it funny when I read relatively low net worth is less than $3MM. I think this group on RL is suffering from major 1st world problems!

Last edited by frayed; 11-08-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mtuttle
I'm a new member...so I hesitate to select this topic for my first response...but this poll is ridiculous! Does anyone here care how much money someone else has? It's a passion that drives us all to buy this car. It doesn't matter whether you are able to pay cash, lease or finance. It's an individual choice as to the level of sacrifice one is willing to make to have this car.
Welcome to Rennlist. Welcome to the FREE WORLD. Now shut up and drive as AP would say LOL!
Old 11-08-2013, 06:10 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,628 Likes on 2,313 Posts

Originally Posted by mtuttle
sure we do, so we know who to PM when we want to sell the car used

Originally Posted by BBMGT3

3MM at 32, good for you.
at 32 i was panhandling at berkekely.

hum... i think the gt3 wuold be about 192% of my NW. but as long as the feds keep lending....
Old 11-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Mooty. Always. Shoots. Straight!
Old 11-08-2013, 07:54 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I sold one of my kids, so I'm good.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 453 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
I sold one of my kids, so I'm good.
I have one for sale. Slightly used. Any offers?
Old 11-08-2013, 08:46 PM
mtuttle
Advanced

Macca, thanks for the welcome and the uhh free world reminder. I plan on driving...some day soon I hope.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

You are welcome brother. We don't mind how much of your personal equity you squander on a capitalist materialist object like a Porsche GT3. Make sure you vote!

Quick Reply: What % of Net Wealth would a 991 GT3 purchase represent?